Windows 10: Is ver 2004 Install/Repair USB Media free of Access Denied bug?

Discus and support Is ver 2004 Install/Repair USB Media free of Access Denied bug? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In repairing installations that fail normal boot all of us sometimes resort to USB Media built via Windows Media builder utility. But using anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cognus, Aug 12, 2020.

1. cognus Win User

Is ver 2004 Install/Repair USB Media free of Access Denied bug?

In repairing installations that fail normal boot all of us sometimes resort to USB Media built via Windows Media builder utility. But using anything since ver 1703 can/does trigger an access denied error when tryin to repair boot of the system drive.

my question is if this is fixed for USB Media having v2004 ?

:)

cognus, Aug 12, 2020
  2. cognus Win User

In repairing installations that fail normal boot all of us sometimes resort to USB Media built via Windows Media builder utility. But using anything since ver 1703 can/does trigger an access denied error when tryin to repair boot of the system drive.

my question is if this is fixed for USB Media having v2004 ?

cognus, Aug 12, 2020
  3. zbook Win User

This is not a BSOD (see posting instructions).
    The moderator can move the thread to the applicable forum once there is additional information.

1) Are you attempting to troubleshoot:
    a) a failure to upgrade
    b) failure to boot
    c) a bootrec /fixboot access denied
    d) all of the above

2) The problems are not related to a bootable Windows 10 iso created using the Microsoft website.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10
    Download Windows 10 ISO File
    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10

3) Update the specs in the "My Computer" section:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Include PSU. cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, USB wireless network card, etc.)

4) For the problematic computer what are the status of the files?
    a) files backed up to another drive or the cloud
    b) backed up images saved to another drive or the cloud
    c) no backed up files or images > files need to be saved
    d) no backed up files or images > there are no important files that need to be saved

zbook, Aug 12, 2020
  4. neilpzz Win User

Portable Devices Missing From Win 10, ver 2004.

The only option I can think of at the moment is to perform a repair install using the version 2004 ISO, or USB boot media.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

In essence run set up again via File Explorer to reinstall version 2004.

If this doesn't work then I would suggest using the Feedback Hub to record the problem to the development team.

Otherwise there is the option to install version 1909 using an ISO image from TechNet

TechBench by WZT (v4.1.1) to see if the fault lies with version 2004. You will need to create your own boot USB media for 1909 from the ISO. You can change your
    2004 boot media to 1909 by using File Explorer and deleting all files from the USB flash drive, mount the 1909 ISO then copy the contents of the ISO to the USB media.

neilpzz, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Is ver 2004 Install/Repair USB Media free of Access Denied bug? - Similar Threads - ver 2004 Install

2. Access Denied usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access Denied usb: I can not access exterior usb drives. Keep getting location not found and access denied response. I did all the suggestions. It is visible in safe mode. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied-usb/1f74f2fa-a6b4-4057-a43b-cdf25573cc91
  3. Access Denied usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access Denied usb: I can not access exterior usb drives. Keep getting location not found and access denied response. I did all the suggestions. It is visible in safe mode. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied-usb/1f74f2fa-a6b4-4057-a43b-cdf25573cc91
  4. USB device access denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB device access denied: Hi After I cloned my OS to SSD, I am not able to access any USB drives in any of the USB slots. I am getting an error access is denied. When I run chkdsk in CMD admin mode , I get the following error: Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges or the disk...
  5. Windows 10 (Ver. 2004, OS Build 19041.450) Repair Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 (Ver. 2004, OS Build 19041.450) Repair Install: I have Windows 10 presently installed, with a few small files saved in Documents, Downloads, and Pictures, and those files have been scanned for viruses and shown to be clean. With Win 10 presently running on the PC, will inserting a Win 10 installer DVD or USB stick, and...
  6. Windows 10 (Ver. 2004, OS Build 19041.450) Repair Install

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 (Ver. 2004, OS Build 19041.450) Repair Install: I have Windows 10 presently installed, with a few small files saved in Documents, Downloads, and Pictures, and those files have been scanned for viruses and shown to be clean. With Win 10 presently running on the PC, will inserting a Win 10 installer DVD or USB stick, and...
  7. usb access denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb access denied: i am using Rufus and I'm trying to flash to my flashdrive but windows keep telling me "error access to this device is denied". Sooo frugrated! Nicole https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-access-denied/059e66b2-7732-4556-8536-ca2daf1e9928
  8. Is ver 2004 Install/Repair USB Media free of Access Denied bug?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is ver 2004 Install/Repair USB Media free of Access Denied bug?: In repairing installations that fail normal boot all of us sometimes resort to USB Media built via Windows Media builder utility. But using anything since ver 1703 can/does trigger an access denied error when tryin to repair boot of the system drive. my question is if this...
  9. Is Windows 10 2004 safe and bug-free?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Windows 10 2004 safe and bug-free?: Have you encountered any bugs? submitted by /u/Rachid90 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gtas18/is_windows_10_2004_safe_and_bugfree/
  10. USB Access is denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Access is denied: I've recently bought a brand new PC with Windows 10 Home. I've set everything up then plugged in my USB, an error message popped up saying that 'Access is denied'. I've looked everywhere but no luck. Anyone can help me? My account is an administrative account and when I...