Windows 10: Is Virus Eraser a Scam

Discus and support Is Virus Eraser a Scam in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I paid Virus Eraser $399 10 months ago. Today I received a text message telling me my contract would be automatically renewed for 3 years for $2000. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PMV724, May 8, 2019.

1. PMV724 Win User

Is Virus Eraser a Scam

I paid Virus Eraser $399 10 months ago. Today I received a text message telling me my contract would be automatically renewed for 3 years for $2000. I called them back to tell them I do not want anything from them. They claim they will refund me the $399 but they need access to the computer. I will NOT give them access and do not believe the whole thing but the threat of them charging me $2000 is hanging over my head. Anyone else have this experience? Any other advice? I will watch my credit card and if there is any activity I will contact bank asap. Thanks.

:)

PMV724, May 8, 2019

2. Virus eraser scam

I fell for the virus eraser scam. It is supposedly installed on my computer. Now I'm getting calls from techs saying that they need to upgrade or service my account. They always find something that is wrong that will cost me $$$ to fix. Should I delete
    the program? Can they hack into my computer at will?

JeanetteHubbard, May 8, 2019
  3. Virus Eraser A Scam?

I received a pop-up message and an audio message that I had a virus that needed repair. I was to call 888-444-8995. I called and was told not to use any banking or sensitive applications until the virus was fixed. The company identified itself as a Microsoft
    partner and proceeded to give me steps as to how to remove the virus.

I became suspicious and asked who they were. The person said I could check them our at viruseraser.com. Is this a scam or a legitimate Microsoft service?

charlotteseaborne, May 8, 2019
  4. J_Du Win User

Is Virus Eraser a Scam

Virus Eraser Scam

Virus Eraser is a scam. They make use of your vulnerability by freezing your computer screen, and claiming to be a legitimate company affiliated with Microsoft. I am slightly disappointed at myself for falling for it; but mostly disappointed at Microsoft
    for not doing anything about this company using their logo, their name and everything. Even more than that, after reading all these posts at the community of Microsoft telling about this story, knowing that they know about it, it just makes everything worse.
    I am greatly disappointed. I hope someone actually succeeds at suing this "company".

* Moved from Virus & Malware

J_Du, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Is Virus Eraser a Scam

1. Is Virus Eraser a Scam - Similar Threads - Virus Eraser Scam

2. virus scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    virus scam: I has a pop up today that said I had a virus, from windows. I pd $450 to NH web services llc to have it fixed. Is this a scam? If so what do I do now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-scam/d0f6748f-7282-4bec-ba0d-ce8cc651b92b
  3. Scam Virus or real?

Scam Virus or real?: Windows 10 Defender displayed a message, a ringing bell alarm and telephone number to call. Is there a way to find out if this a scam or virus? My laptop was blocked for a while. Who can you contact ?...
  4. scam or virus

scam or virus: received a message from a security window-microsoft edge asking for user name and password. How do i get rid of the pop up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam-or-virus/5f58ad94-55f6-4cb5-919c-d9183bf00d37
  5. Virus scam.

Virus scam.: A virus alert came up telling me to call the number 877 427-9910. This seems to be some place near Anaheim. It isn't Microsoft, but the guy even gave me a Microsoft Identifying name of Jason MC029C. It was impossible to close Microsoft Edge while I was online. The guy...
  6. Virus, Scam???

Virus, Scam???: I have had this page pop up twice on my laptop in the past week, what is it?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scam/9f115ddb-61f8-4b3b-9f9d-8450aefd79fa"
  7. Virus or scam

Virus or scam: Receiving message claiming virus from " Microsoft " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-or-scam/a846a687-00c4-4b84-a9ac-69c6dde12fcc
  8. virus scam

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    virus scam: I got this pop up on the internet stating that there is a problem and to phone this number I know it is a scam how do I get ris of it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scam/0cf9b231-23db-400f-9781-decf34413c19
  9. Virus Scam

Virus Scam: Clicked on what I thought was a video regarding landscaping. Got a message that Microsoft was locking my PC because a trojan horse virus had been found. Called 1-833-802-8800, the number indicated on the page. Contacted someone with foreign accent named Kevin. Loud noise in...
  10. Virus Scam

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virus Scam: I received a pop up on my computer stating that it was Windows Tech support and that my computer was going to be disabled due to a virus. I had just done a virus scan and none were detected so, I figured I would go through the "hoops" to hopefully nab the scammers. When I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virus eraser scam

2. virus eraser antivirus scam