Windows 10: Is Visual Basic 2012 compatible with Windows 10?

Discus and support Is Visual Basic 2012 compatible with Windows 10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just beginning a Programming Concepts class. I wanted to know if Visual Basic 2012 is compatible with Windows 10? I've downloaded VB 2017; however,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by blerdyintellect_30303, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Is Visual Basic 2012 compatible with Windows 10?

Just beginning a Programming Concepts class. I wanted to know if Visual Basic 2012 is compatible with Windows 10? I've downloaded VB 2017; however, the Clearly Visual Basic Programming textbook is based on VB 2012. Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

:)

blerdyintellect_30303, Oct 20, 2018

2. Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Compatibility

Is Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Professional compatible with Windows 10?

KyleSweeneySchneider, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Visual Basic 6

I moved this thread to "Programming & Webmastering". I suggest not to use vb6 and go with vb.net 2010 or 2012 express. I'd also, suggest if you are learning from the ground up then start with c#. *Toast :toast:

Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop

Mindweaver, Oct 20, 2018
  4. Is Visual Basic 2012 compatible with Windows 10?

Visual Basic 6 help

It depends.. If you need your program to work on Windows XP or later then 2010. If not then 2012. I have 2012 installed on one of my Windows 8 boxes, but I don't use it as much. Did you not try what I suggested above? I have Visual Studio 6 on a VM. So, I loaded up the VM and tested my code above and it works. I'm with Ford and think you should move over to .net, but your transition my take a week or two. If you need this to work now, then I would suggest you finish this project in VB6. Once you get the hang of .net then re code it in .net. *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

Is Visual Basic 2012 compatible with Windows 10?

1. Is Visual Basic 2012 compatible with Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Visual Basic 2012

2. Visual Basic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Basic: Hello Rescue TeamI want to use code to write code in VB, For example I want to declare dynamic public data depended on my code or what I got from my user forms, How can I do that?Thank you!...
  3. Visual Basic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Basic: Hello Rescue TeamI want to use code to write code in VB, For example I want to declare dynamic public data depended on my code or what I got from my user forms, How can I do that?Thank you!...
  4. Visual Basic

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Visual Basic

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Visual Basic: I am not able to install visual basic as it says setup couldn'tinstall microsoft application error reporting and then there are a bunch of application for which it said setup did not try to install following componentsAnybody help regarding this issue.I ran sfc /scannow Also...
  6. Visual Basic

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Visual Basic: Has Visual Basic been replaced by Visual Studio? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-basic/c5d63cd8-ffa3-4adf-8603-702b84032213
  7. Windows 10 compatibility with Server 2012

in Cortana
    Windows 10 compatibility with Server 2012: Hello, At the company I work for, we recently started upgrading our computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10. However, many of the Windows 10 features stop working once I add the PC to the domain. Start Menu, Cortana, the search field next to the start button, and all the...
  8. Visual Basic

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Visual Basic: I have several programs written in Basic in the late 80's or early 90's . Will these run in Visual Basic? If no, is there are Basic language that will run them? I am running Windows 10 on a Toshiba Laptop....
  9. Visual Studio 2012

Visual Studio 2012: Hello, I have built a video library application using Visual Studio 2012. It had been running very well for almost a year but since the last large Windows 10 update the program keeps crashing. It is a very basic program that reads information from a SQL database about video...
  10. Warning that Mircrosoft Visual C++ 2012 not compatible with Windows 10

Warning that Mircrosoft Visual C++ 2012 not compatible with Windows 10: I am trying to upgrade my wife's laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 but the upgrade app gives us this message. This PC will have problems running Windows 10 The app developers have not made these apps compatible with Windows 10, so they won't work. Check with the...