Windows 10: Is VPN needed for security?

Discus and support Is VPN needed for security? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Is VPN needed when only used by one person on a PC just for home use, not used for work or by any others. Does it offer more security?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SharonHines, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Is VPN needed for security?

Is VPN needed when only used by one person on a PC just for home use, not used for work or by any others. Does it offer more security?

:)

SharonHines, Dec 16, 2018
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Dec 16, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Is VPN needed  for security? :D

P4-630, Dec 16, 2018
  4. Is VPN needed for security?

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

AirVPN

In contrast to all the big names such as IPVanish, TorGuard, Hide My Ass!, PIA etc, AirVPN has been the most useful in terms of performance, cost, privacy and service.

• No torrent (or other format) throttling
    • No region/server locking
    • Full server stats live, with reports and repair ETAs
    • Packages include complete tunneling and multiple protocols
    • Can be setup for virtually any platform(including a easy to use Windows package)[also user guides exist for bespoke arrangements, such as pfSense, which I run]
    • Their website/user portal is very thorough and flexible. You can build custom VPN configuration files
    • Cost is extremely good for what you get
    • Service is often quick and prompt
    • Forums are active
    • They tick all the privacy qualifications, no record keeping

newconroer, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

Is VPN needed for security?

1. Is VPN needed for security? - Similar Threads - VPN needed security

2. do i need a VPN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    do i need a VPN: Afternoon im not very good with understanding tech things but i keep getting windows AVG VPN popping up. when it says click to turn on it asks for payment.ive worked out my pc is ok/up to date with viruses/threat protection as microsoft defender antivirus is in the back...
  3. do i need a VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    do i need a VPN: Afternoon im not very good with understanding tech things but i keep getting windows AVG VPN popping up. when it says click to turn on it asks for payment.ive worked out my pc is ok/up to date with viruses/threat protection as microsoft defender antivirus is in the back...
  4. VPN Issues after security update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VPN Issues after security update: After a security update my VPN is having issues connecting. Update says it occured the 3/23/2022 but I dont know how to uninstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vpn-issues-after-security-update/67bfa819-b869-46e9-a3b3-6e68513c3577
  5. VPN Issues after security update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VPN Issues after security update: After a security update my VPN is having issues connecting. Update says it occured the 3/23/2022 but I dont know how to uninstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vpn-issues-after-security-update/67bfa819-b869-46e9-a3b3-6e68513c3577
  6. VPN Choice & is it needed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN Choice & is it needed: I recently got an offer from Lastpass to try ExpressVPN free for a month, so I signed up. I researched it & at least some websites recommend it as a top VPN. I was impressed with their support because it took me an hour to set up a dialer on my WinXP machine. 1. My first...
  7. Is a VPN advisable for line security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is a VPN advisable for line security: I am thinking about using a VPN so I am asking the groups opinion of using one . In addition, if you don't mind pllease make a recommendation, Thank you 159089
  8. Need Good VPN

Need Good VPN: I have Windows 10 I am wanting to download a "Torrent" of a video and the site cautioned me to use a "VPN" to hide my "IP". My question is which is a easy to install and understand VPN service for Torrents? I think paying for one would be the best, I just don't know....
  9. VPN and Security using Public WiFi

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VPN and Security using Public WiFi: Since all of the higher rated VPN's use good encryption methods, I was wondering, if you are already on a secure website does adding a VPN fully protect your traffic from snoopers? Thanks. 123977
  10. Do I need a VPN?

Do I need a VPN?: This question may belong in Virtualization or General Support so feel free to move it if necessary. I have read a lot about VPNs, with some people recommending them as a way to enhance privacy (not security). I am thinking about using a VPN on my home network for that...