Windows 10: Is W10 free to multiple computers by one owner?

Discus and support Is W10 free to multiple computers by one owner? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new laptop to replace my aging one that has slowed to a snails pace. Maybe also has a virus - I dunno. The new laptop has W10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lbeck, Nov 22, 2018.

1. lbeck Win User

Is W10 free to multiple computers by one owner?

I recently purchased a new laptop to replace my aging one that has slowed to a snails pace. Maybe also has a virus - I dunno. The new laptop has W10 installed. I also have 10 installed on a couple of desktops.

I plan to move all of my data from the retired laptop to a large external HDD and then reformat it. Another problem with the older laptop is that it is bloated with many programs that are no longer needed. I'll reinstall only programs now needed.

The first thing that I plan to do is to reinstall W10 on the retired laptop. Will I have a problem with too many copies of W10 already registered to me? Should I instead erase everything except the OS? I'm thinking that if my problem is basically too many bad programs or other malware then I'm okay. If my OS is infected then I'm defeating my objective of returning my older computer to its virgin state.

Mostly I don't want to brick my old laptop w/o an OS or needing to purchase W10 because I'm only allowed e.g., 3 copies with my free personal license.

Any advice is appreciated.

:)

lbeck, Nov 22, 2018
  2. Atomic77 Win User

Multiple System Specs?

Im sure some people do have more then 1 computer. I think listing multiple specs is a good idea.

Atomic77, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Issues with W10 Mail App

Hi Frank,

To guide you in the right direction, let us know the following:

• Did you add your fsnet.co.uk (POP3) address as an additional account in W10 Mail App?
    I suggest you to remove the account and re-add it.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/remove-account

Please get back to us with the required information, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Is W10 free to multiple computers by one owner?

W10 slowdown

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to Run Maintenance Task.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computers, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.

Step 2:
    Run Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + R, type Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar, click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the Troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist I suggest you to Update the Windows 10 Drivers and check if it help.

Please refer to the below article “How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10”by Mr. Andre Da Costa to update the drivers:

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Is W10 free to multiple computers by one owner?

1. Is W10 free to multiple computers by one owner? - Similar Threads - W10 free multiple

2. One Microsoft account for multiple computers?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    One Microsoft account for multiple computers?: Hello everyone, I want to know if I use one user account for multiple computers, is it possible to create specific permissions for each computer.so that I want the rest of the computers to use certain permissions, applications and folders that I specify?Windows version:10...
  3. Owner of Computer Died.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Owner of Computer Died.: I have a friend that Passed Away. They had only had their new computer for maybe 30 days.No, I Do Not know the password for the machine. I just want to wipe the hard drive clean so no one can get any of their personal information. I just know they got Win 11 on it, I'm not...
  4. Upgrade To W10....For Free

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade To W10....For Free: It may be a dumb question, but I have recently read that you can still upgrade from W7 to W10, for FREE?.....is this correct, despite the free upgrade supposedly ending about four years ago......I have an old laptop that was last used about TEN years ago, and am trying to...
  5. Upgrade To W10....For Free

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade To W10....For Free: It may be a dumb question, but I have recently read that you can still upgrade from W7 to W10, for FREE?.....is this correct, despite the free upgrade supposedly ending about four years ago......I have an old laptop that was last used about TEN years ago, and am trying to...
  6. FREE VPN for W10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FREE VPN for W10?: I am just starting to give some thought to using a VPN with my main browser, Edge. I realise free ones will have various limitations but want to try some first, a promising looking example being WINDSCRIBE. I have tried ChrisPC VPN but without success (it is a sort of...
  7. computer owner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    computer owner: I have tried to change settings and am told that only the owner can make the change I want. I AM the owner. I am also the administrator. I havce been told that I need to change the title "owner" from the PC to me. How do I do this. I have changed anything that I have...
  8. Multiple computers on one account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Multiple computers on one account: I take care of the computers in my business. I have Office installed on all five with all of them legal. They were all downloads software and I used my email address for all of them when I installed them. I started to upgrade some of those to Windows 10 and have two new...
  9. Is W10 free to install on any computer that came with windows?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is W10 free to install on any computer that came with windows?: So recently, I installed new solid state drives in multiple machines. I noticed that Microsoft never asked me for a product key like with older versions of windows. I'm assuming that Microsoft must be verifying these computers somehow. What are the conditions in which you are...
  10. Free W10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Free W10 upgrade: Like I mentioned earlier my Acer I did an upgrade a bit over two weeks ago and the upgrade worked using my 7Starter keys and was upgraded to Home and I'm not talking out of my @$$. I didn't like how much slower it was when it was appified so I ripped it out by the roots and...