Windows 10: is web ip security a legit service connected to microsoft?

Discus and support is web ip security a legit service connected to microsoft? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; is web ip security a legit service?they offered me network security for 299.00 for one year..is this a scam... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jimmyhenson3551, Jul 19, 2021.

1. is web ip security a legit service connected to microsoft?

is web ip security a legit service?they offered me network security for 299.00 for one year..is this a scam

:)

jimmyhenson3551, Jul 19, 2021

2. Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

This is all i could save. I dont know if people can see what I can in the Wiki, but I got this article the others he deleted b4 he posted them in the wiki and i dont have the powers even in my sections to bring them back...perhaps a back up but Im not sure we have one ill go see. He did a damn good job at making sure nothing of his existed after he left...Im at school but when i get home ill email him and see if i can get him back im not done fighting yet.-Solaris17

Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO
    I went at ALL of the services in Windows Server 2003 (some will not be in XP for instance, & Windows 2000 has no NETWORK SERVICE or LOCAL SERVICE as far as I know, but not sure, you can always make a limited privelege user too for this on 2000 if needed)...

I did testing to see which services could be run/logged in as LOCAL SERVICE, or NETWORK SERVICE, rather than the default of LOCAL SYSTEM (which means Operating System entity level privileges - which CAN be "misused" by various spyware/malware/virus exploits).

LOCAL SERVICE startable list (vs. LocalSystem Logon Default):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Acronis Scheduler 2 Service
    Alerter (needs Workstation Service Running)
    COM+ System Application
    GHOST
    Indexing Service
    NVIDIA Display Driver Service
    Office Source Engine
    O&O Clever Cache
    Remote Registry
    Sandra Service
    Sandra Data Service
    SmartCard
    Tcp/IP NetBIOS Helper
    Telnet
    UserProfile Hive Cleanup Service
    Volume Shadowing Service
    Windows UserMode Drivers
    Windows Image Acquisition
    WinHTTP Proxy AutoDiscovery Service
    NETWORK SERVICE startable list (vs. LocalSystem Logon Default):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASP.NET State Service
    Application Layer Gateway
    Clipbook (needs Network DDE & Network DDE DSDM)
    Microsoft Shadow Copy Provider
    Executive Software Undelete
    DNS Client
    DHCP Client
    Error Reporting
    FileZilla Server
    Machine Debug Manager
    Merger
    NetMeeting Remote Desktop Sharing Service
    Network DDE
    Network DDE DSDM
    PDEngine (Raxco PerfectDisk)
    Performance Logs & Alerts
    RPC
    Remote Desktop Help Session Manager Service
    Remote Packet Capture Protocol v.0 (experimental MS service)
    Resultant Set of Policies Provider
    SAV Roam
    Symantec LiveUpdate
    Visual Studio 2005 Remote Debug
    PLEASE NOTE: Each service uses a BLANK password when reassigning their logon entity (when you change it from the default of LOCAL SYSTEM Account), because they use SID's as far as I know, not standard passwords.

WHEN YOU TEST THIS, AFTER RESETTING THE LOGON USER ENTITY EACH SERVICE USES: Just run your system awhile, & if say, Norton Antivirus refuses to update, or run right? You KNOW you set it wrong... say, if one you test that I do NOT list won't run as LOCAL SERVICE? Try NETWORK SERVICE instead... if that fails? YOU ARE STUCK USING LOCAL SYSTEM!

If you cannot operate properly while changing the security logon entity context of a service (should NOT happen w/ 3rd party services, & this article shows you which ones can be altered safely)?

Boot to "Safe Mode", & reset that service's logon entity back to LOCAL SYSTEM again & accept it cannot do this security technique is all... it DOES happen!

If that fails? There are commands in the "Recovery Console" (installed from your Windows installation CD as a bootup option while in Windows using this commandline -> D:\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons, where D is your CD-Rom driveletter (substitute in your dvd/cd driveletter for D of course)) of:

ListSvc (shows services & drivers states of stopped or started)

Enable (starts up a service &/or driver)

Disable (stops a server &/or driver)

Which can turn them back on if/when needed

Last edited by APK on 03/04/2007
    I.E. -> I removed Telephony, Symantec AntiVirus, & Virtual Disk Service!

(ON Virtual Disk Service being removed, specifically: This was done solely because, although it will run as LOCAL SERVICE, diskmgmt.msc will not be able to work! Even though the Logical Disk Manager service does not list VirtualDisk as a dependency, this occurs, so VirtualDisk service was pulled from BOTH the LOCAL SERVICE and NETWORK SERVICE lists here... apk)

SECURING SERVICES @ THE ACL LEVEL VIA A SECURITY POLICY HOW-TO:

STEP #1: CONFIGURE A CUSTOM Microsoft Management Console for this!

Configuring yourself a "CUSTOM MMC.EXE (Microsoft Mgt. Console)" setup for security policy templates, here is how (these are NOT default Computer Mgt. tools, so you have to do this yourself, or run them by themselves, but this makes working w/ them convenient):

===============================================================
    The next part's per BelArcGuy of BELARC ADVISOR's advice (pun intended):
    ==============================================
    Anyone want to try a test CompletelyBonkers (new user here) turned me onto?

"Security Configuration and Analysis" is an MMC snap-in. To access the MMC, type in mmc to the Windows Run.. command to pop up the console. Then use it's File|Add/Remove Snap-in... command and click the Add button on the resulting dialog. Choose both "Security Configuration and Analysis" and "Security Templates", close that dialog, and OK. You'll end up with a management console that has both of those snap-ins enabled. The whole MMC mechanism is a bit weird, but does work"

(It's easy, & it works, & is necessary for the actual steps to do this, below)

(Next, is the actual "meat" of what we need to do, per Microsoft, to set ACLs)

STEP #2: HOW TO: Define Security Templates By Using the Security Templates Snap-In in Windows Server 2003

Define Security Templates By Using the Security Templates Snap-In - Windows Server

Create and Define a New Security Template

(To define a new security template, follow these steps)

1. In the console tree, expand Security Templates. 2. Right-click %SystemRoot%\Security\Templates, and then click New Template. 3. In the Template name box, type a name for the new template.

(If you want, you can type a description in the Description box, and then click OK)

The new security template appears in the list of security templates. Note that the security settings for this template are not yet defined. When you expand the new security template in the console tree, expand each component of the template, and then double-click each security setting that is contained in that component, a status of Not Defined appears in the Computer Setting column.

1. To define a System Services policy, follow these steps: a. Expand System Services. b. In the right pane, double-click the service that you want to configure. c. Specify the options that you want, and then click OK.

)
    APK (added 03/08/2007)

Alec§taar, Jul 19, 2021
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jul 19, 2021
  4. YakubNg Win User

is web ip security a legit service connected to microsoft?

IP Helper and WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service won't start

Hi. My PC is running on Windows 10 Home 64bit. I was trying to play Forza Horizon 4 from Microsoft Store but unable to play online. as I tried to troubleshoot. It says Teredo is unable to qualify and server connectivity is blocked. below those 2 error
    has website link to solve the issue. I followed every steps on those two links to fix my issues but ultimately "IP Helper and WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service won't start" on services can't be fixed. IP Helper is set to start automatically but unable
    to start it. While WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service is greyed out and can't be set to start or anything. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

YakubNg, Jul 19, 2021
Thema:

is web ip security a legit service connected to microsoft?

1. is web ip security a legit service connected to microsoft? - Similar Threads - web security legit

2. Local Security Authority Process initiated a network connection to 117.18.237.29 LEGIT IP?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local Security Authority Process initiated a network connection to 117.18.237.29 LEGIT IP?: Hello, so my Local Security Authority Process just connected to a IP address of 117.18.237.29. I'm not sure if this IP is a legit CDN and associated to microsoft and I'm worried. I just clean factory reset my pc re-installed windows from a USB, and deleted every files on my...
  3. Web security

Web security: Hi. If my PC is not a shared or public PC, and I am running Windows 10, and I am browsing with Edge, is the built-in web protection sufficient? Or should I purchase a web-protection product for example, McAfee?...
  4. web services

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    web services: Hi, I try to send an email via printer. When I try ,a message says, "The printer could not connect to Web Services. The server might be busy or temporarily unavailable. Try again later." Just how long has the system been down, and how long before they fix it?? Any and...
  5. Microsoft services not able to connect to internet while I can browse the web.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft services not able to connect to internet while I can browse the web.: I can use all apps expect microsoft apps excluding edge. Please help submitted by /u/Lolmohitmvp [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jae6lp/microsoft_services_not_able_to_connect_to/
  6. IP security/firewall service fees

IP security/firewall service fees: I am getting several calls a week stating that my Microsoft Security contract is expiring and they are calling to renew for $1500. a year. Every time I hang up...the call comes from either Missouri, Texas, or Ohio. The phone connection is very scratchy and muted with a voice...
  7. Web Services Connect LOST

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Web Services Connect LOST: I have suddenly LOST web services connection. Photosmart 7520 e-ALL-IN-ONE series printer? I have tried 'everything'... reinstalling printer, downloading/updating drivers but none needed...checking and rechecking all. I can print, copy, fax but CANNOT SCAN to computer or...
  8. Is this a legit security warning?

Is this a legit security warning?: Sorry for posting in the Windows forum. I can find anything related to security. :- I received an email From: Microsoft account team <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> and am not sure of it is legit. I haven't been able to find info on this, nor can I find a...
  9. Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web: Hello All. I have used this form for many answers but this is my first request for help. Hope I am in the right category, here goes. Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web I keep getting this... [img] Microsoft Edge Windows 10. Cannot connect to the...
  10. IP Connect to Static IP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IP Connect to Static IP: I have an A-V device with a static IP address. With my XP-Pro laptop, I can connect fine, but with my new laptop running WIN10Pro, I can't seem to find the right combination of settings to"see" the device. The static IP allows control of the A-V device's app., with the app....