Windows 10: is WebCompanion Malware or PUP and was uninstalling/removing this program enough or should...

Discus and support is WebCompanion Malware or PUP and was uninstalling/removing this program enough or should... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Another question this time about a program that used to be on my PC called WebCompanion. I cant remember when I got it but I have since the found and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DeltaTrooper983, Apr 15, 2021.

1. is WebCompanion Malware or PUP and was uninstalling/removing this program enough or should...

Another question this time about a program that used to be on my PC called WebCompanion. I cant remember when I got it but I have since the found and removed the program as did not remember ever installing any programs by that name and found out it was a threat through a full windows file scan but like with my previous question about SilverSpeedup I was wondering: is there any thing else I need to do to completely get rid of this from my PC?

:)

DeltaTrooper983, Apr 15, 2021

2. Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    Remove Bueno Search (Removal Guide)

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Apr 15, 2021
  3. hput3 Win User
    How to remove en.softonic malware that appears on desktop periodically

A kind of malware has somehow gotten onto my win 10 PC. What I get is a small advertisment that pops up in the bottom right on my desktop... When I turn it off (clicking the corner X). It comes back again some time later but with different content.

I haven't timed it but seems lake maybe a 1/2 hr.

I've googled extensively but all the instructions I've found, tell you to use the windows uninstaller to uninstall softonic. And maybe some manual clean up after the uninstall. But there is nothing installed with `softonic' in its name and even when the ad is running there is no process running with softonic in its name.

All the google hits appear to assume the windows uninstaller will know about softonic. Even the manual parts of some of the hits appear to assume you have been successful in unintalling it.

The instructions also suggest several free malware removal products and claim any of them will remove it.
    `Zema Anti-malware', `MalwareBytes' and `AdwCleaner'

I tried all those listed in one of the instruction sets, ran the scan but none of them found whatever is running the little softonic pop up ad.

This type of malware apparently falls into a category called a `PUP'.

I never found in the google hits what expected would be there somewhere. A list of steps to remove something like this by hand.

Can anyone here advise me?

hput3, Apr 15, 2021
  4. is WebCompanion Malware or PUP and was uninstalling/removing this program enough or should...

How do I remove Segurazo PUP?

The commonest suggestion is to use control panel/programs/uninstall. That's laughable. I have also tried Spyhunter and that doeskin do it (will probably regret downloading that). I have run Malwarebytes in safe mode and it comes up with Segurazo as a PUP to quarantine , however it remains in the list of installed programs.

Current windows version.1909 build 18363.592

woldsweather, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

is WebCompanion Malware or PUP and was uninstalling/removing this program enough or should...

1. is WebCompanion Malware or PUP and was uninstalling/removing this program enough or should... - Similar Threads - WebCompanion Malware PUP

2. How do you remove a malware manually without programs that removes malware?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do you remove a malware manually without programs that removes malware?: My PC is infected with many many malware and I can't get rid of it and my antivirusBitDefender doesn't work and doesn't let me connect to the internet. plz help....
  3. PUP malware detected - is it legit?

PUP malware detected - is it legit?: Hi. I purchased a refurbished computer with Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 installed. My anti-malware program keeps finding these two 'threats', which Google tells me are Windows related. Anyone know if they are legit and can be safely ignored, or should they...
  4. Remove Program Data Folder for Uninstalled Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Program Data Folder for Uninstalled Programs: Re Win version 1909 OS Build 18363.836 Is it safe to remove the ProgramData folder for an application long ago uninstalled, e.g., McAfee? Thanks for your advice! 157005
  5. uninstall malware

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uninstall malware: I am trying to uninstall a program Driver Tonic that I did not install. I have seen that it might be malware. When I try to uninstall it I get a message that this app has been blocked by an administrator. It seems this is something in Win 10. Anyone know how to work...
  6. Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs: I bought a new ext HDD. I installed the included WD Discovery app. I was having trouble with the software, so I uninstalled. However, it somehow did an update at the same time. The app thinks it is installed on my computer, but add/remove says it is not. If I download the...
  7. Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs: I bought a new ext HDD. I installed the included WD Discovery app. I was having trouble with the software, so I uninstalled. However, it somehow did an update at the same time. The app thinks it is installed on my computer, but add/remove says it is not. If I download the...
  8. malware uninstall

malware uninstall: Spyhunter 4.0 will not allow uninstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malware-uninstall/a1943174-fd47-47d3-9d7f-ae850154d7c2
  9. uninstall, remove or delete program

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    uninstall, remove or delete program: I have an App "HDHomeRun" that shows up in my list of Apps. When I right click/uninstall it takes me to "Programs and Features"/"Uninstall or Change Program", the app is not listed to choose. The App does not work. I tried to reinstall, but I get a notice a File Not Found...
  10. malware removal programs

malware removal programs: I have a malware problem, and I would like opinions of the following malware removeral programs. 1/ Malwarebytes, 2/ HitmanPro, and 3/ Zemana Anti Malware Portable. Any info is appreciated. barney31...