Windows 10: Is window 10 firewall 1 way or 2 way?

Discus and support Is window 10 firewall 1 way or 2 way? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I would like to know on whether window 10 firewall is 1 way or 2 way. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by oemSoft, Oct 20, 2019.

1. oemSoft Win User

Is window 10 firewall 1 way or 2 way?

I would like to know on whether window 10 firewall is 1 way or 2 way.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions

:)

oemSoft, Oct 20, 2019
  2. ron_jez Win User

Is Windows 10 firewall a one-way or two-way firewall?

Is Windows 10 firewall a one-way or two-way firewall? If two-way, if I have an app I know needs to do outbound communication how do I configure to allow that -- or will installing software that has a valid certificate be detected by the firewall and allow
    the traffic without me needing to configure anything?

ron_jez, Oct 20, 2019
  3. Pawan1709 Win User
    Is Windows 10 firewall a one-way or two-way firewall?

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting you query on the Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10. Let me assist you.

Windows firewall is a software program that helps screen out
    hackers, viruses, and worms that try to reach your computer over the
    Internet. It is one way, like a wall protecting your system. Windows Firewall in
    Windows 10 is same as Windows 8.1.

For detailed knowledge about Windows Firewall please refer the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/Windows-Firewall-from-start-to-finish
    (For Windows 8.1, Applies to Windows 10)

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you

Pawan1709, Oct 20, 2019
  4. Is window 10 firewall 1 way or 2 way?

Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

Is window 10 firewall 1 way or 2 way?

1. Is window 10 firewall 1 way or 2 way? - Similar Threads - window firewall

2. Windows 1909 firewall issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 1909 firewall issue: Couple of days ago I was being prompted to update to Version 1909, and after doing so I could no longer access my NAS file server unless I turn off the firewall. Before the update I could access my NAS filer server anytime and even linked it to a drive number. I had not...
  3. Are these Anti-Virus / Firewall Apps OK? Window 10

Are these Anti-Virus / Firewall Apps OK? Window 10: I'm changing my current AV/Firewall App and so I searched using Bing for ideas. The results are below, some with my comments and I'd appreciate any advice from the experts here. I'd prefer to have the 'pay-for version. Avast, TotalAV some issues with later huge increases in...
  4. Questions on Windows Firewall

Questions on Windows Firewall: New to windows 10 and slowly getting up the learning curve. Have a couple of questions on my security protection. I have Norton Online Security via Comcast and was wondering if Norton had disabled Windows Defender which generally the case when a third party antivirus program...
  5. Windows Firewall giving error "some settings are managed by your organization"

Windows Firewall giving error "some settings are managed by your organization": For some reason, the windows firewall is disabled on my computer and the option is grayed out on administrator accounts; including the hidden admin account. This is a personal computer and never used in a managed network. Under Settings, it says that some settings are managed...
  6. Hey Microsoft, when you open 10's network and firewall connection window, the subsequent...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hey Microsoft, when you open 10's network and firewall connection window, the subsequent...: Good grief Win 10 is unrefined. I had to revert back to Win 7 because so many issues. I should be compensated for even pointing out the above. Do the dev's even check their work???...
  7. Print Windows Firewall App List

Print Windows Firewall App List: Sadly, M$ never seems to make available the ability to dump its listing to a printer or better yet an Excel or Word file. Anyone know how -- of if possible - to print or send the Windows Defender Firewall Apps listed to a printer or Excel ? 148663
  8. I keep getting Windows Defender firewall popups about blocked applications even though my...

I keep getting Windows Defender firewall popups about blocked applications even though my...: Currently running Win 10 Pro, version 1903. Hi, I've installed Comodo and use that as my firewall, meaning Windows Defender Firewall is turned off permanently. Every now and then I get Windows Defender Firewall popups asking me whether I want to allow or block...
  9. Windows Firewall Disabled on even the hidden administrator account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Firewall Disabled on even the hidden administrator account.: For some reason, the windows firewall is disabled on my computer and the option is grayed out on administrator accounts; including the hidden admin account. This is a personal computer and never used in a managed network. Under Settings, it says that some settings are managed...
  10. Cannot Turn on Windows Defender Firewall

Cannot Turn on Windows Defender Firewall: Happy New Year, Re: Windows Defender Firewall, Windows 10, Dell Desktop This evening I noticed the Windows Defender icon had a red X. I tried to open the Security Dashboard but nothing happened. I then opened Windows Security but it was completely blank. Firewall &...