Windows 10: is window blocking my antivirus

Discus and support is window blocking my antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently tried to upgrade to the latest version of my anti virus I use trend micro and each time i do i am stopped with this popup I click the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AnnulledBaton94, Oct 11, 2020.

1. is window blocking my antivirus

I recently tried to upgrade to the latest version of my anti virus I use trend micro and each time i do i am stopped with this popup I click the install anyway button but tis greyed out and nothing happens. i click the others too and same thing nothing happens. is there a setting i can change to fix this or is this a known issue currently being worked on? I asked similar on trend micro site i want to get all my bases covered I have never had this issue before is window blocking my antivirus 8d44f6dc-ac6c-479b-9d7b-341a312a852f?upload=true.png

:)

AnnulledBaton94, Oct 11, 2020

2. blocked applications

Hi Eileen,

Windows Defender or another antivirus software will sometimes block a certain app or file from running or being installed. With this, you can check the
    quarantine section of the antivirus program you are using to see which program is being blocked. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• What is the exact error message did you receive after launching or running the app?
    • Which antivirus program are you using?

In the meantime, we suggest disabling the Windows Defender SmartScreen and see if the app will run. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Type Windows Defender on the search box and click on the first option.
    • On the left side of the window, click on the Window icon (App & browser control).
    • On the SmartScreen for Windows
      Store apps column, select Off.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 11, 2020
  3. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Oct 11, 2020
  4. is window blocking my antivirus

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

is window blocking my antivirus

1. is window blocking my antivirus - Similar Threads - window blocking antivirus

2. Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates: I want to use Windows Defender Firewall to block outbound connections. I've configured it to block outbound connections and added a rule to allow the browser. However Windows Defender Antivirus then cannot download antivirus updates. I've tried adding a rule to allow...
  3. Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates: I want to use Windows Defender Firewall to block outbound connections. I've configured it to block outbound connections and added a rule to allow the browser. However Windows Defender Antivirus then cannot download antivirus updates. I've tried adding a rule to allow...
  4. Antivirus SOMEHOW blocks FModel.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus SOMEHOW blocks FModel.: Hi, I've been trying to install FModel but it just won't let me for some reason. I've checked the Norton logs and they said they allowed it so what's the issue here? what do I do? I know that if i disable antivirus, it automatically enables after a day and I won't be able to...
  5. My setup project keeps getting blocked by the antivirus

My setup project keeps getting blocked by the antivirus: Hello, i'm working on a videogame and right now im trying to implement a simple setup installer, so that it can deliver everything where it needs to also i need to touch 2 registry keys to use them with a launcher/updater i implemented, but every time i send a new installer...
  6. Firewall or Antivirus is blocking VPN on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Firewall or Antivirus is blocking VPN on Windows 11: [ATTACH]A lot of use VPN for our regular internet browsing activities. It safeguards us from the tracking of aggressive marketing firms. Many of the users of Windows 11/10 are reporting that firewall or antivirus is blocking VPN. Let’s see how we can fix it. There are many...
  7. Antivirus is blocking the website. How to avoid blocking?

Antivirus is blocking the website. How to avoid blocking?: Greetings to everyone who is online. I would be very grateful if you can tell me how you can solve my problem. During quarantine, I have to work from home. My home computer is running Windows 10. When I try to open the <Link Removed> site used for work, the antivirus blocks...
  8. antivirus blocking my download of games

antivirus blocking my download of games: So ive had my oculus for a while now. All the games ive had on there ive downloaded before I recently did a wipe and now that Im trying to redownload them and im having an issue with two of the games that wont finish downloading because my "antivirus is blocked the...
  9. My antivirus is blocking some games from downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My antivirus is blocking some games from downloading: So ive had my oculus for a while now. All the games ive had on there ive downloaded before I recently did a wipe and now that Im trying to redownload them and im having an issue with two of the games that wont finish downloading because my "antivirus is blocked the...
  10. My Antivirus Blocks Ms Security Esstenials

My Antivirus Blocks Ms Security Esstenials: On My Sony Laptop As I Ran Ms Security Esstenials I Got A Error Access Denined Then Got A Message Malware Found Log OS : Windows XP Service Pack 3 File Infected With Malware : MSINSTALL.EXE Windiws Security Esstenials Antivirus : Avira Antivitus Virus :...