Windows 10: is windows 10 capable of syncing with mobile devices like android cell

Discus and support is windows 10 capable of syncing with mobile devices like android cell in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; That will be a good speaker. Both Riva and JBL make a great portable speaker too. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Masterchiefxx17, Apr 5, 2018.

1. is windows 10 capable of syncing with mobile devices like android cell

That will be a good speaker. Both Riva and JBL make a great portable speaker too.

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 5, 2018
  2. vid4763 Win User

I have win10 pro. i recently downloaded Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 Driver for Windows Vista

to attempt to syn my phone via Bluetooth, so i could play music from my cell phone. but i'm kinda stuck at getting the WMDC app running. it starts but never opens, then just closes down. i'm thinking it's a compatibility issue.

*ANY help would be greatly appreciated. *

I know i could just use Windows Media player, but i already have playlists and an archive of music on my phone, and it would be nice not to tie up resources on my Toshiba, just sync my phone and enjoy...

Or, does Win10 have a feature I am not aware of, or is there a good shareware app that can accomplish this without trying to solve the old win vista app issue? BTW, i never had vista, i just downloaded the app from microsoft.

THANKS!!

:)

vid4763, Apr 13, 2018
  3. Travelor Win User
    How to change sync settings for Windows Live on WP7

Hello,

Interesting - When purchasing an Android based Cell phone it is automatically assumed that the user wants to use the "guugle" mobile services. When Purchasing an aPool based Cell phone it is automatically assumed that the user wants to use the "aPool" mobile
    services. Wouldn't it be just as likely that when purchasing a Windows Based Cell phone that it is automatically assumed that the user wants to use the Windows based mobile services?

Though I am being a bit sarcastic, this is really the situation - A Windows Phone links and syncs with a Windows Live account (hotmail). I search all over for a way to de-link a WP7 device from the Windows Live ID - AFAIK, there is NO way to de-link a WP7
    device from the associated Windows Live ID account.

Travelor, Apr 13, 2018
  4. is windows 10 capable of syncing with mobile devices like android cell

Time synchronisation

Does any mobile OS provide NTP sync natively? I think I have looked for that before, as my iOS and Android devices tend to be WiFi bound. While you can get third party NTP clocks on all the platforms, allowing that to set system time is not allowed on WP
    or iOS AFAIK. Android is a little more wild west. Would actually be a useful capability IMHO. You would likely have to manually update your TZ or use some clever algorithm to figure out where you are.

There are some apps in the Store to at least access NTP, and even provide the offset from your phone to 'real time' so you can keep track and fix it if you get to far off in the absence of a cell sync signal.

Sven Johannsen, Apr 13, 2018
  5. Hi and Welcome!

WMDC stop working on Windows 10 past build 1511.

Are these playlists not transferable to your PC via a USB cable?

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 15, 2018
  6. vid4763 Win User
    Thx for replying Masterchief. Yes they transferable. What i wanted to do was be able to wirelessly utilize my mobile device on 3 different laptops i have in my home, and stream music on better audio than the phone has.

I've tried a few things and have configuration or interface issues. I'm sure they could be resolved, as i had wished to not invest $ in a speaker or such. However as i was wrestling with this issue, my son stopped home form college and had a Bose Soundlink Color II bluetooth speaker with him (ironically enough, borrowed from one of his dorm mates away for the weekend). He started it up and it has incredible sound, is totally wireless, seemlessly interfaces via bluetooth, and is small lightweight, and portable. So i purchased a refurbished one this afternoon on Amazon.

So my problem is solved, but my bluetooth audio interface with my cell- laptop isn't, but that's ok....mission accomplished.

vid4763, Apr 15, 2018
Thema:

is windows 10 capable of syncing with mobile devices like android cell

1. is windows 10 capable of syncing with mobile devices like android cell - Similar Threads - capable syncing mobile

2. Bootable windows 10 on mobile android

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootable windows 10 on mobile android: Hello.My goal is to turn android into windows 10 using USB. But for some reason I got an error message saying "Invalid ISO File. ISO File Contains Files Bigger Than 4Gb." The app am using is an ISO 2 USB....
  3. Bootable windows 10 on mobile android

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootable windows 10 on mobile android: Hello.My goal is to turn android into windows 10 using USB. But for some reason I got an error message saying "Invalid ISO File. ISO File Contains Files Bigger Than 4Gb." The app am using is an ISO 2 USB....
  4. Bootable windows 10 on mobile android

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Sync clipboard with Android 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sync clipboard with Android 10?: I used to use the very useful clipbrd app to sync my clipboard between my pc and android phone, but unfortunately Android 10 introduced a (stupid IMHO) clipboard protection that broke its functionality. Has anyone found free alternatives? I saw that a particular app managed...
  6. Sync android game to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync android game to Windows 10: I downloaded my game in BlueStacks but do not know how to sync game play progress from my android tablet to what is now on my PC. Can someone please tell me how to do that?...
  7. Android cell

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Android cell: Can I use windows defender to scan my android cell phone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/android-cell/a47f8295-e1cc-4db4-9c07-a75e45ca18ba
  8. Is my mobile compass capable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my mobile compass capable?: Is the Microsoft Lumia 550 phone capable of utilising Compass app's. Thank you. 100051
  9. Sync android device photos to windows 10 automatically? (without usb)

in Windows 10 Support
    Sync android device photos to windows 10 automatically? (without usb): Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to sync android photo's & videos to windows 10 automatically... the same way google photos syncs them? Also, is there a way to do this without the use of a usb cable? I have about 4 androids lying around that I take pictures with...
  10. App Sync Between Devices - Turn On or Off in Window 10 Mobile

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    App Sync Between Devices - Turn On or Off in Window 10 Mobile: How to: App Sync Between Devices - Turn On or Off in Window 10 Mobile How to Turn On or Off Share Apps Across Devices on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information The Windows 10 Anniversary Update version 1607 introduced a new privacy option in Settings to let apps on...