Windows 10: Is Windows 10 compatible with Unicode 5?

Discus and support Is Windows 10 compatible with Unicode 5? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is Windows 10 compatible with Unicode 5? If not please add such support.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zabiyako777, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Is Windows 10 compatible with Unicode 5?

Is Windows 10 compatible with Unicode 5? If not please add such support.

:)

Zabiyako777, Jan 12, 2019
  2. Paulr Win User

Unicodes and language packs

Several work arounds can be found at http://www.johndcook.com/blog/2008/0...rs-in-windows/
    1. as I suggested above, U+(hexcode) Alt-X
    2. edit a registry key and hold down the Alt key while entering the code on the numeric keypad
    3. download the free utility called UnicodeInput, which pops up with the Alt-+ key
    None of these are useful on my Surface Pro virtual keyboard which is missing both the Alt key numeric keypad *Sad

Paulr, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Paulr Win User

Is Windows 10 compatible with Unicode 5?

Unicode and Windows 10

As a beginner, I'm stumbling from one headache to another.

I'm wanting to work with a foreign language (tag = ksw-Mymr) on my early model Windows Surface Pro that is running Windows 10

Windows has published a Language pack that provides most of the characters I need (Burmese), and there is another program called Keyman that can produce all of the characters needed, but......

Two character are meant to combine to make one, namely U+1063
    Is Windows 10 compatible with Unicode 5? [​IMG]
    and U+103A

When typed, one after the other, they should combine, resulting in
    but not for me *Confused

Sorry for the crudity, like I said, I'm a beginner.

Can anyone suggest where I can start looking for an answer for this issue?

Cheers

Paulr, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Is Windows 10 compatible with Unicode 5?

1. Is Windows 10 compatible with Unicode 5? - Similar Threads - compatible Unicode

2. Compatibility FAT32 to NTFS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Compatibility FAT32 to NTFS: Question is a flash drive formatted in FAT32 upward compatible to Windows 10 NTFS. If not what are the symptoms of incompatibility.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compatibility-fat32-to-ntfs/bbb8d2e0-5c09-4397-b909-ad8611da7ac0
  3. Any official way to know if my pc is still compatible with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Any official way to know if my pc is still compatible with Windows 10?: As the titel says I need your help, if you can provide me a way to know if my pc is fully compatible with windows 10 it would be appreciated :) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-official-way-to-know-if-my-pc-is-still/9c37695f-8332-441c-a3f0-82e7a57f771c
  4. Xbox 360 and Xbox One Backward Compatibility Service Maintenance

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox 360 and Xbox One Backward Compatibility Service Maintenance: On Tuesday, March 19 between 7:00AM UTC and 9:00AM UTC (3:00AM ET and 5:00AM ET / 12:00AM PT and 2:00AM PT), we will be performing scheduled maintenance that will affect Xbox 360 titles and services. Please note this maintenance will also impact Xbox 360 backward compatible...
  5. LIST OF NVIDIA GSYNC COMPATIBLE MONITORS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LIST OF NVIDIA GSYNC COMPATIBLE MONITORS: system requirements for G-sync Compatible display 01. Minimum Graphics cards :GeForce 10 series (Pascal) and above including the latest GeForce RTX 20-Series graphics cards. 02. Minimum Driver : v417.71 or higher 03. Minimum Operating System :Windows 10 x64 i have...
  6. Windows Hello - Face authentication - List of compatible webcams

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello - Face authentication - List of compatible webcams: Hi Microsoft Team, I've been searching hours and hours on Microsoft websites and many internet Search Engines, for a list of compatible hardware with Windows Hello, specifically for Webcams in regards to Face Authentication. Unfortunately all my trials were unsuccessful so...
  7. Windows 10 Update NOT COMPATIBLE with HP Envy 5660 Printer/Scanner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update NOT COMPATIBLE with HP Envy 5660 Printer/Scanner: Recently updated Windows 10 to my Pavilion Laptop. Envy 5660 printer would no longer print from printer even though it recognized the printer was online. Was able to print from other iPhone and Mac devices. Spent over 3 hours with Microsoft rep on phone and went through...
  8. dell laptop inspiron 3000 series : nvidia cant find a compatible hardware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dell laptop inspiron 3000 series : nvidia cant find a compatible hardware: hi, im having this problem since very long time. i try to install invidia driver but it says : cant find a compatible hardware in your system. the nvidia didnt show up in the device manager first, it was hidden, then i viewd the hidden devices and then it showed up but...
  9. compatibility of Akruti Unicode software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    compatibility of Akruti Unicode software: Is the indian unicode akruti software compatible in window 10? Moved from: Word / Windows 10 / Office 2016 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compatibility-of-akruti-unicode-software/5da87f05-d6d9-413f-8a90-ebc6b4b72fa4
  10. compatibility of Akruti Unicode software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    compatibility of Akruti Unicode software: Is the indian unicode akruti software compatible in window 10? Moved from: Word / Windows 10 / Office 2016 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compatibility-of-akruti-unicode-software/5da87f05-d6d9-413f-8a90-ebc6b4b72fa4