Windows 10: Is Windows 10 compatible with Unicode 5?

Discus and support Is Windows 10 compatible with Unicode 5? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is Windows 10 compatible with Unicode 5? If not please add such support.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zabiyako777, Jan 12, 2019 at 1:07 PM.

1. Is Windows 10 compatible with Unicode 5?

Is Windows 10 compatible with Unicode 5? If not please add such support.

:)

2. Paulr Win User

Unicodes and language packs

Several work arounds can be found at http://www.johndcook.com/blog/2008/0...rs-in-windows/
    1. as I suggested above, U+(hexcode) Alt-X
    2. edit a registry key and hold down the Alt key while entering the code on the numeric keypad
    3. download the free utility called UnicodeInput, which pops up with the Alt-+ key
    None of these are useful on my Surface Pro virtual keyboard which is missing both the Alt key numeric keypad *Sad

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

4. Paulr Win User

Is Windows 10 compatible with Unicode 5?

Unicode and Windows 10

As a beginner, I'm stumbling from one headache to another.

I'm wanting to work with a foreign language (tag = ksw-Mymr) on my early model Windows Surface Pro that is running Windows 10

Windows has published a Language pack that provides most of the characters I need (Burmese), and there is another program called Keyman that can produce all of the characters needed, but......

Two character are meant to combine to make one, namely U+1063
    Is Windows 10 compatible with Unicode 5? [​IMG]
    and U+103A

When typed, one after the other, they should combine, resulting in
    but not for me *Confused

Sorry for the crudity, like I said, I'm a beginner.

Can anyone suggest where I can start looking for an answer for this issue?

Cheers

Thema:

Is Windows 10 compatible with Unicode 5?

1. Is Windows 10 compatible with Unicode 5? - Similar Threads - compatible Unicode

2. Application compatibility in the Windows 10 ecosystem

in Windows 10 News
    Application compatibility in the Windows 10 ecosystem: Our application ecosystem is incredibly diverse, encompassing tens of millions of applications (apps) with numerous versions, languages, architectures, services and configuration options. While our ecosystem is complex, our vision is simple. All apps on Windows devices should...
  3. How to re-install DVD. Drivers no longer compatible with windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to re-install DVD. Drivers no longer compatible with windows 10: After a recent Windows 10 update, my SAMSUNG DVD RW SU280GB optical drive is no longer working. On playback I get "please insert cd". On troublshooting all the issues appear resolved but still no playback occurs. I have also checked the hardware in HP PC Hardware...
  4. Windows 10 compatibility with Toshiba Satellite P50T-B

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 compatibility with Toshiba Satellite P50T-B: Dear all, I bought this laptop from someone online, I have same issues when I did a format for the system and put a windows 10 on it, the DISK in task manager will go 100% with a simple activity as browsing the internet, the laptop disk go high as 100% and the laptop froze...
  5. HP Deskjet 722C driver compatibility with Windows 10

HP Deskjet 722C driver compatibility with Windows 10: I just got a new laptop (Dell) that has Windows 10. I tried installing my hp Deskjet 722C driver but found it to be incompatible. I really want to use this printer. Help...
  6. CES 2019: NVIDIA announces G-SYNC Compatible monitors

in Windows 10 News
    CES 2019: NVIDIA announces G-SYNC Compatible monitors: G-SYNC’s display technology has been delivering superior gaming experiences since 2013, and as we begin 2019 we have several exciting G-SYNC announcements to share. Introducing “G-SYNC Compatible” Displays In 2013 we released G-SYNC, a revolutionary monitor technology that...
  7. windows 10 compatibility issues with FSX disc version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 compatibility issues with FSX disc version: Hello, I recently bought a new laptop with windows 10, but I have issues with FSX. I can install it, enter the main menu, select aircraft, sceneries etc., but when I launch it, the screen becomes black. I can't even go back to the menu, although I can hear the background...
  8. Windows 10 compatibility with Gigabyte X58A-UD3R motherboard

Windows 10 compatibility with Gigabyte X58A-UD3R motherboard: I would like to know if Windows 10 is compatible with my motherboard and processor. I have Gigabyte X58A-UD3R FE (Ver. 1, I think) motherboard with BIOS Ver.2.06. My processor is Intel i7 960. Could someone please tell me if my system is compatible with Windows 10. Also, if...
  9. compatability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    compatability: I have direct x12 and quarto k4000 video card running on win 10 pro. battlefield 1942 ran fine until Microsoft updated and the re-installed win 10 pro. now instead of battlefield launching it goes to the desktop. battlefield is likely a dx9 game. nothing but the...
  10. Compatibility Complaints and Other Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Compatibility Complaints and Other Issues: Dear Microsoft, I am a user of Microsoft products for many years now, and I admire the continuous innovation efforts of your company. Having said that, there are quite some issues concerning the latest approach of your company towards its customers (especially after the...