Windows 10: Is Windows 10 completely free?

Discus and support Is Windows 10 completely free? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I keep reading about that if you get Windows 10 for free, you will have a watermark in the bottom right, and lack customisation options, but I built an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/plsletmewin123, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Is Windows 10 completely free?

I keep reading about that if you get Windows 10 for free, you will have a watermark in the bottom right, and lack customisation options, but I built an entirely new PC, got Windows 10 on a USB, installed it, and it seems to be fully activated.

Did the OS recognise the key from the machine I created the Windows10 USB? Even when setting up the new computer, I just skipped the key entering part, and it worked fine.

submitted by /u/plsletmewin123
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/plsletmewin123, Oct 10, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Is Windows 10 completely free? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Is Windows 10 completely free?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Is Windows 10 completely free?

1. Is Windows 10 completely free? - Similar Threads - completely free

2. Completely Free Windows Utility and maintenance software.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely Free Windows Utility and maintenance software.: I have been searching for many years and tried many software's recommended for the subject above. But all of them come with a similar phrase 'Subscribe to fix your PC Issues'. There has to be a Software package that is completely freeEven if it requires more work and does...
  3. Completely Free Windows Utility and maintenance software.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Completely Free Windows Utility and maintenance software.: I have been searching for many years and tried many software's recommended for the subject above. But all of them come with a similar phrase 'Subscribe to fix your PC Issues'. There has to be a Software package that is completely freeEven if it requires more work and does...
  4. Please tell that Windows 10 and 11 free Versions uploaded on Mirosoft Website are complete...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please tell that Windows 10 and 11 free Versions uploaded on Mirosoft Website are complete...: I Wanted to upgrade to Windows 11 but was not able to run any program because I was not having recommended settings so i want to downgrade to Windows 10.Is it full version of windows 10 on Website?. Please reply...
  5. Please tell that Windows 10 and 11 free Versions uploaded on Mirosoft Website are complete...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please tell that Windows 10 and 11 free Versions uploaded on Mirosoft Website are complete...: I Wanted to upgrade to Windows 11 but was not able to run any program because I was not having recommended settings so i want to downgrade to Windows 10.Is it full version of windows 10 on Website?. Please reply...
  6. Please tell that Windows 10 and 11 free Versions uploaded on Mirosoft Website are complete...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. is windows defender completely free?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is windows defender completely free?: is this legitimate or scam? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-defender-completely-free/adc777c3-d26b-4a5b-b249-b0d656c6271a
  8. as a student can I get Windows 10 completely free

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    as a student can I get Windows 10 completely free: I'm a student and I can get office products for free but now I want to activate windows 10 in my pc , so as a student can I get free activation or I should buy it ?...
  9. Got Windows 10 with the pc when it was free, will I lose if it I do a complete factory reset?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Got Windows 10 with the pc when it was free, will I lose if it I do a complete factory reset?: It's paid now, so I just gotta know if I have to spend some money to get windows again or not, I have to do a complete factory reset because my PC has had a lot of issues lately....
  10. After doing wipe free space disk, now my laptop completely broken.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After doing wipe free space disk, now my laptop completely broken.: I used a program called Hddcleaner. I did some cleaning stuff yesterday. Cleaned disk free space too. After restart, then suddenly my laptop completely unable to do anything. I cant open safe mode, i cant open installation tool and anything. Cant sign in, cant safe mode,cant...