Is Windows 10 free for first year is it a free upgrade? OEM Verison

Discus and support Is Windows 10 free for first year is it a free upgrade? OEM Verison in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Microsoft Windows 10 free upgrade: five questions answered | Technology | The Guardian "I read somewhere that the free upgrade to Windows 10 will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheBlackRussian, Jul 29, 2015.

1. TheBlackRussian Win User

Microsoft Windows 10 free upgrade: five questions answered | Technology | The Guardian

"I read somewhere that the free upgrade to Windows 10 will expire after one year and that the user will then have to pay for the upgrade. Is this so? AlasdairNo, that’s completely wrong. Once you have installed Windows 10 and made a note of your product key, it’s yours forever. Well, you can use it until Microsoftstops supporting it, which is usually 10 years."

:)

TheBlackRussian, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa Win User

Is Windows 10 only free for the first year.

Windows 10 will be free for the first year to all Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Phone 8.1 users.

Is Windows 10 free for first year is it a free upgrade? OEM Verison [​IMG]

Wow, thats cool, but does that mean, I will have to pay for Windows 10 after the first year?

No. Its a promotion to get as many users to upgrade their existing Windows 7 PCs and Windows 8.1 devices to Windows 10.
    Once you upgrade, its yours forever at no additional cost. As Microsoft Program Manager for Windows Terry Myerson described it:

This is more than a one-time upgrade: once a Windows device is upgraded to Windows 10, we will continue to keep it current for the supported lifetime of the device
    at no additional charge.

Source:
    http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/01/21/the-next-generation-of-windows-windows-10/

Andre Da Costa, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Dilligaf6582 Win User
    Is Windows 10 only free for the first year.

Original Title: Any Hidden Fees?

I read that windows 10 is only free for the first year. is this true?

Dilligaf6582, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Atomic77 Win User

Yeah once you get windows 10 it is yours for the life of the product. The only time its not free is if you want to upgrade after the year is up if you have not upgraded before hand.

Atomic77, Nov 13, 2015
  5. Porthos Win User
    It is for the "life of the device". You do not get a reusable key it is tied to the device on Microsoft's servers and is no longer valid when your device (motherboard) dies.

Porthos, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is Windows 10 free for first year is it a free upgrade? OEM Verison - Similar Threads - free free upgrade

2. Application, virus, or something blocking windows defender from turning Real Time Protection on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Application, virus, or something blocking windows defender from turning Real Time Protection on: I cannot turn on my windows defender real time protection, it is grey and cannot be turned on, before it said an organization was blocking your from turning on real time protection but i restarted my computer and when it turns on it says repairing and scanning drive then a...
  3. Windows 10 File deletion needs System Administrator Permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 File deletion needs System Administrator Permission: I am the sole user of my computer. I cannot delete a file (or file folder) as to do so needs System Administrator Permission. I am the Administrator. How to I fix this?...
  4. Windows 10 re-opening programs I manually closed and a major security/privacy flaw.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 re-opening programs I manually closed and a major security/privacy flaw.: Hello everyone, hope you're doing okay! A couple months ago I started noticing a problem with my PC. I noticed that most of the times, when I shut it down (I always close all the programs running) and then turn it on again (instantly or hours after), all of my programs were...
  5. OEM windows 10 Pro fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OEM windows 10 Pro fail: Hello, I bought a refurbished computer with OEM window 10 Pro before. Now the Windows system fails to start. I want to reinstall the Windows. But I have not Windows install or recovery CD and I did not create a recovery disk. The computer has out off warranty. I only have...
  6. Windows 10 File History Backup has no progress bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 File History Backup has no progress bar: This issue was raised 2 years ago, and yet nothing has been done about it. How can you have a utility meant to copy literally every single file on a hard drive, and not provide a way to track that progress, and make sure it's not stalled?...
  7. The Windows 10 that was forced on me is so bloated it has no performance and updates will...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Windows 10 that was forced on me is so bloated it has no performance and updates will...: I am using Asus T200A which is a lightweight PC/Tablet Windows is 10.0.16299 Build 16299 There are too many problems to list The system has got so slow and bloated with Windows software with less tha a Gig left on my C: drive, that when I want to open a new application, I...
  8. how do i find my cursor on acer windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do i find my cursor on acer windows 10: how do I find my cursor on my acer laptop. windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/how-do-i-find-my-cursor-on-acer-windows-10/712f1d6f-06fd-45da-ade4-646a20b6b9a6
  9. New Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 18219 - August 16

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 18219 - August 16: Hello Windows Insiders! Today, we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18219 (19H1) to Windows Insiders who have opted in to Skip Ahead. What’s new in Build 18219 Narrator Improvements We have made the following changes and improvements: Reliability: We have...
  10. windows 10 error 0x80070035 after: either /or KB4340917 (OS-build 17134.191) / KB4343909...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 error 0x80070035 after: either /or KB4340917 (OS-build 17134.191) / KB4343909...: L.S. I need help with the following problem: My NAS drive is un-accessible from my laptop, while from another pc running win 7 it is still perfectly accessible. To add insult to injury I can still access the drive and the main application through the web-interface. I...