Windows 10: Is Windows 10 free for first year is it a free upgrade? OEM Verison

Discus and support Is Windows 10 free for first year is it a free upgrade? OEM Verison in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Microsoft Windows 10 free upgrade: five questions answered | Technology | The Guardian "I read somewhere that the free upgrade to Windows 10 will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheBlackRussian, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Is Windows 10 free for first year is it a free upgrade? OEM Verison

Microsoft Windows 10 free upgrade: five questions answered | Technology | The Guardian

"I read somewhere that the free upgrade to Windows 10 will expire after one year and that the user will then have to pay for the upgrade. Is this so? AlasdairNo, that’s completely wrong. Once you have installed Windows 10 and made a note of your product key, it’s yours forever. Well, you can use it until Microsoftstops supporting it, which is usually 10 years."

:)

TheBlackRussian, Jul 29, 2015

2. Is Windows 10 only free for the first year.

Windows 10 will be free for the first year to all Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Phone 8.1 users.

Is Windows 10 free for first year is it a free upgrade? OEM Verison [​IMG]

Wow, thats cool, but does that mean, I will have to pay for Windows 10 after the first year?

No. Its a promotion to get as many users to upgrade their existing Windows 7 PCs and Windows 8.1 devices to Windows 10.
    Once you upgrade, its yours forever at no additional cost. As Microsoft Program Manager for Windows Terry Myerson described it:

This is more than a one-time upgrade: once a Windows device is upgraded to Windows 10, we will continue to keep it current for the supported lifetime of the device
    at no additional charge.

Source:
    http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/01/21/the-next-generation-of-windows-windows-10/

Andre Da Costa, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Is Windows 10 only free for the first year.

Original Title: Any Hidden Fees?

I read that windows 10 is only free for the first year. is this true?

Dilligaf6582, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Atomic77 Win User

Is Windows 10 free for first year is it a free upgrade? OEM Verison

Yeah once you get windows 10 it is yours for the life of the product. The only time its not free is if you want to upgrade after the year is up if you have not upgraded before hand.

Atomic77, Nov 13, 2015
  5. Porthos Win User
    It is for the "life of the device". You do not get a reusable key it is tied to the device on Microsoft's servers and is no longer valid when your device (motherboard) dies.

Porthos, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Is Windows 10 free for first year is it a free upgrade? OEM Verison

1. Is Windows 10 free for first year is it a free upgrade? OEM Verison - Similar Threads - free free upgrade

2. Free Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free Windows 10 upgrade: Device name DESKTOP-BJ4Q8SL Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB Device ID 91F58026-B03B-45C3-AAAC-D47A26CECD54 Product ID 00330-50000-00000-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch...
  3. Windows 7 OEM to Windows 10 Free Upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 7 OEM to Windows 10 Free Upgrade: Yes I'm finally considering doing it. I've been hesitant because I have everything exactly how I want it and I know upgrading will change things around a bit (drivers/apps/game versions, etc). Can anyone thoroughly explain how to do this with a Windows 7 OEM key? I've jumped...
  4. Upgrade free to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade free to windows 10: Whats better from windows 7 or 8 ? I have licences for both but didnt want to purchase a furthur third. 160219
  5. Upgrade to 10 for free

Upgrade to 10 for free: Hi all,I did a little site searching but can't seem to find help with my question.My daughter has a 4 year old Asus desktop running 8.1.I have checked the specs. and it is capable of running 10.Is there a free option to download and install Windows10 and if so-how to do so....
  6. windows 10 free upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 free upgrade: I did the windows 10 upgrade from windows 8.1 and I cant get it activated due to product key or digital license i dont think i ever got a digital license information email or anything where can i find the license information to activate the free upgraded windows 10...
  7. Windows 10 Upgrade is not Free

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Upgrade is not Free: I have been using Windows 10 upgrade and having worked in IT support. I have been thinking about Microsoft and their motives. I decided to change my hard drive and Win 10 deactivated. I called MS and was told I had to reinstall qualifying product and do another upgrade. Soon...
  8. Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?

Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?: Hmm I firstly thought that free upgrade to windows 10 has end but now I see MS giving away windows 10 free again in this wsite?- Here 74024
  9. Free upgrade during the first year

in Windows 10 Support
    Free upgrade during the first year: Sounds good, too good to be 'true'? No matter what I think of Windows 10, it would be kinda stupid not to take up Microsoft on the free upgrade particularly if, like me, you have a standby build of your OS on a separate HD just in case the main drive crashed which I would...
  10. Windows 10 for Enterprise is not free in the first year...

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 for Enterprise is not free in the first year...: Businesses switching to Windows 10 for Enterprise won't be getting the operating system as a free upgrade within the first year of release and it will be updated differently as well. Back in October, it was reported that Microsoft was working on a lock-down update system for...