Windows 10: Is windows 10 generally impossible to use or is my laptop the problem?

Discus and support Is windows 10 generally impossible to use or is my laptop the problem? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've had my laptop since late 2018 and I've had nothing but problems with it, it's gotten to the point where I literally only have Firebox and AVG.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tayloralisons, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Is windows 10 generally impossible to use or is my laptop the problem?

I've had my laptop since late 2018 and I've had nothing but problems with it, it's gotten to the point where I literally only have Firebox and AVG. Nothing else installed. I have my photos and such on a separate drive because I've factory reset my laptop that many times. It's slow, the fan goes crazy over the most basic task, the cursor gets stuck just moving across the screen and I get "not responding" and it's been like this since day 1. I brought it back the day after I got it because it wouldn't start up, they told me I could get a replacement or another laptop of the same value, I got a replacement. Worst mistake of my life, but, is this just a windows problem? Or what?

submitted by /u/tayloralisons
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tayloralisons, Jan 20, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Is windows 10 generally impossible to use or is my laptop the problem?

Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Is windows 10 generally impossible to use or is my laptop the problem?

1. Is windows 10 generally impossible to use or is my laptop the problem? - Similar Threads - generally impossible laptop

2. problem general

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem general: my laptop stuck all the time when it comes to opening pdf/word/on key files with a white screen +how do call off the updates when he restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-general/116c0bd1-dce4-4964-b046-8e502f0bba97
  3. problem general

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem general: my laptop stuck all the time when it comes to opening pdf/word/on key files with a white screen +how do call off the updates when he restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-general/116c0bd1-dce4-4964-b046-8e502f0bba97
  4. problem general

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Impossible to install Windows 10 on old laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Impossible to install Windows 10 on old laptop: I have a old Samsung laptop and i want to do a fresh Windows 10 install on it, using the Kingston internal SSD i bought and an USB with Media Creation Tool. The USB is FAT32 with everything ready inside, the SSD is empty because is new, the Boot Priority Order is as it should...
  6. General problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    General problem: I have hp pavilion laptop. It takes nearly 2 minutes to start after shutdown and if I try to open any app such as chrome it does not open quickly. Please tell the solution of this problem. Also sometimes battery icon is not displayed in my taskbar....
  7. General Windows Problems

General Windows Problems: I often come to this site for help and invariably find a lot of other people have the same problems. Not surprising since we are using the same systems with similar computers etc. In fact, often there are so many people with the same problem that it can be contained within...
  8. a multiple problem with Windows 10>..updates causes problems generally

a multiple problem with Windows 10>..updates causes problems generally: This convoluted /secretive windows 10 operating system is pissing me off. This is a quote from one of your sites regarding many issues " What version of Outlook do I have? With so many Outlook apps and services you can use to access your email messages, appointments, and...
  9. BSOD in general use

BSOD in general use: Hi, new PC build here, yet have had a few crashes (6). First one at the start of the month was a KMODE EXCEPTION which was likely due to not enough vcore on my overclock, but since then it has been DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS EQUAL, seemingly by NETIO.SYS or ntoskrnl.exe. 77194
  10. Impossible for laptop to upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Impossible for laptop to upgrade to Windows 10: Yesterday i received a notification that my laptop was approved and confirmed ready to upgrade to Windows 10. So i launched the Windows 10 Upgrade popup and initiated the upgrade. It reached the screen where a round circle appears with the percentage status inside, and it...