Windows 10: Is Windows 10 get?ting slower and lazier

Discus and support Is Windows 10 get?ting slower and lazier in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I first installed Windows 10 I really liked it....but recently, my computer seems to be running much slower and at times freezes up for 30 or 40... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by seasickseagull, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Is Windows 10 get?ting slower and lazier

When I first installed Windows 10 I really liked it....but recently, my computer seems to be running much slower and at times freezes up for 30 or 40 seconds. Boot up and shut down seem to take forever, but when I want to go to sleep....it is instant. Anybody have any suggestions or ideas? I'm seriously considering going back to 8.1

:)

seasickseagull, Dec 5, 2015

2. Windows 10 Getting slower and slower?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with the Windows 10 performance, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check:

Step 1: Run the System maintenance troubleshooter.

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the
      Search box and hit Enter.
    • Select “System Maintenance” from the
      Troubleshooter window.
    • Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Please try to run the Windows Defender to check for the virus on your device.

Refer to: Security & privacy

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 5, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Getting slower and slower?

I am now finally on Wndows 10, after upgrade I had untold problems with Malware and Adware that crept into the system - Norton and Spy master caught the virus and after aChrone re-nstall it was gone. I have deliberately not put new software onto my new PC
    but its getting slower and slower...The boot time is now 1.5 mins and takes for ever to get going - I dread turning it off. I have spent 3 hours reading up on how speed up Windows 10 and have changd the preferred setting in boot fill to fast and reduced all
    non essential programs that are booted as part of start. E

Its just very disappointing having taken the Windows 10 that all these problems are now apparent. Virus and slow boot and sluggish performance any ideas to get this resolved?

RogerHarroldP1, Dec 5, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Is Windows 10 get?ting slower and lazier

Welcome to the forums seasickseagull. Have you installed programs recently, then experienced the slowdown/freezes? Check your event viewer and see if it shows errors.

Dude, Dec 5, 2015
  5. I'm a computer idiot ....how do I check my event viewer?

6. Dude Win User
    Dude, Dec 5, 2015
  7. I opened my event viewer and I have two critical events
    one dated 2015-12-04 12:14:03AM
    and one dated 2015-11-24 7:16:09AM

both events are the same Kernel-Power Event ID 41 Task Category (63)

what does this mean ?

Thank you?

8. Dude Win User

That points to the power shutting off. I would start off by removing some of the Dell software. It is your choice, but most is not needed.

Apps - Uninstall in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Also step 18 in the optimize tutorial, reducing start up programs may help as they wont run until you start them.

Dude, Dec 5, 2015
  9. I will ninstall some of the Dell Apps...I have aleady delayed some of the programs from starting on boot up...but I will go and see if there are more I can delay. If I have any questions or problems, I will come back and post them here. I hope I'm not being a pain to everybody.

10. Dude Win User
    Not at all, let us know. A couple more questions

You did an upgrade install, is that correct?

Do you know what BIOS version you are running, some Dell Laptops have a BIOS update for Windows 10.

11. do I keep or uninstall the following: Dell Back-up and Recovery
    Dell Back-up and Recovery support software
    Dell Customer Connect
    Dell Support Assist
    Dell Support Assist Agent
    Dell System Detect
    Dell Touchpad
    Dell Update
    Dell WLAN and Bluetooth Client Installation
    also...I have Apple Application Support (32 bit)
    and Apple Application Support (64 bit)
    DO I KEEP BOTH?
    I have something called Helium....but I have no idea what it is
    I also have lots of Microsoft Visual C ++ with different dates.....DO I KEEP THEM ALL?
    I have Quickset 64 from Dell (again...no idea what it is)
    and I have Quicktime 7 from Apple
    I have a program called "SHOULD I REMOVE IT" WELL...SHOULD I?
    I have SmartScreenUnlimited Lite....but I disabled it....do I need it? should I enable it or delete it?
    I have System Explorer 7.0.0 from Mister Group
    I have System Requirement Labs from HUSDAWG LLP don't have a clue whats that is
    I have Windows Essentals 2012 from Microsoft
    I have XN-View2.34 from Gougelet Pierre-e this is something else I have no idea what it does

I also have the other programs which I know I need such as RealTech Ethernet Controller all-in-one
    RealTech High Definition Audio Driver
    RealTech USB 2.0 Card Reader
    Microsoft office
    Malware Bytes 2.2.0.1024
    Java 8 Update 65
    lots of Intel stuff
    DMC driver.....(don't know what this drives...but I know its not a Ford)

12. remember....i told you i was a computer idiot..sorry for the long list

13. Dude Win User

That is a lot of stuff, I would recommend(My Opinion, your choice) to back up any files you need. Make sure you have the key for your MS office. Then I would do a clean install.

If you don't want to clean install, the only Dell software to keep would be the quickset. Try removing the Dell stuff, minus quickset, and see if it improves for you.

If you don't use any Apple products, get rid of it too.

14. my bios version is A14 and my motherboard is ON4J7H

15. I received the email from Microsoft that my version of Windows 10 was ready to download....so I clicked and the rest is history

Thema:

1. Is Windows 10 get?ting slower and lazier - Similar Threads - ting slower lazier

2. Webcam yellow tinge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam yellow tinge: Split from this thread. We just ordered 100+ Dell Latitude 9430 laptops for our company. The display is great. The webcam however is showing a Yellow tinge to everything. If we manually set the white balance to around 3500 in Teams it's great, but Windows won't save the...
  3. Webcam yellow tinge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam yellow tinge: Split from this thread. We just ordered 100+ Dell Latitude 9430 laptops for our company. The display is great. The webcam however is showing a Yellow tinge to everything. If we manually set the white balance to around 3500 in Teams it's great, but Windows won't save the...
  4. Webcam yellow tinge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows getting slower

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows getting slower: My windows is getting slower after recent windows update. I think it might be because of update: KB5000802 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-getting-slower/62659760-ccd9-47d0-b854-a1a0dc10e1f9
  6. Windows 10 performance is slow and seems to be getting slower

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 performance is slow and seems to be getting slower: How can I clean it up without buying additional software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-performance-is-slow-and-seems-to-be/1f74c0c3-ddda-4945-ae88-fba9f2ea9642
  7. Green Tinge to LHS of Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Green Tinge to LHS of Monitor: My monitor, an HP 23 inch has developed a greenish tinge or cast to the left hand side of the screen. This is not coming from the p c as I've tried connecting my laptop using the VGA socket and the green tinge is still there so it's something to do with the monitor. Is there...
  8. Windows 10 is slower

Windows 10 is slower: Hello! I keep seeing irrelevant posts about this so I ask you again with hopes of a competent solution to this. I bought a Lenovo Legion desktop yesterday. Don't mind about the specs, it is a beast. I installed Windows 8.1 and after I saw there are no drivers on lenovo...
  9. Windows getting too much slower

Windows getting too much slower: Hello, Last week I updated to windows10 OS to version 1803. Since that day my windows getting too much slow. For startup it takes about 6min an average. After starting it causes the problem of 100% disk usage. I have reset my laptop from seetings menu. But still I am...
  10. Boot time is getting slower and slower

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot time is getting slower and slower: I built my latest PC and upgraded the Windows 10 Home 32 bit to 64 bit back in December. I have 32GB RAM and have an I7 processor. My boot times continue to get slower and slower the past several months. I have googled solutions and tried many including booting into safe (no...