Windows 10: Is Windows 10 Home still supported?

Discus and support Is Windows 10 Home still supported? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new motherboard for a custom built computer, and have to install a new copy of Windows in lieu of that. I've been putting off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Heaunohj{2, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Is Windows 10 Home still supported?

I recently purchased a new motherboard for a custom built computer, and have to install a new copy of Windows in lieu of that. I've been putting off purchasing a new copy, but I've been intent on getting a new one since I recently encountered a "Clock_Watchdog_Timeout" error that could potentially be linked to this.

The copy of Windows 10 I've had has technically been an upgrade of a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium X64 I purchased back in mid 2012 (when my original build dates to.) I was merely planning on buying a copy of Windows 10 Home Premium, but I've read (and gotten the impression) Windows 10 Home is no longer supported. Most of the extra features of Windows 10 Pro are things I have little interest in, but given the apparent lack of support for Windows 10 Home, would I be better off purchasing Pro?

:)

Heaunohj{2, Nov 30, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 30, 2019
  4. DRDNA Win User

Is Windows 10 Home still supported?

DRDNA, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Is Windows 10 Home still supported?

1. Is Windows 10 Home still supported? - Similar Threads - Home still supported

2. Is Snip & Sketch still supported in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Snip & Sketch still supported in Windows 10?: Since the new snipping tool is not available for Windows 10. So I was wondering if snip and sketch is still supported with Microsoft Store updates....
  3. Is Snip & Sketch still supported in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Snip & Sketch still supported in Windows 10?: Since the new snipping tool is not available for Windows 10. So I was wondering if snip and sketch is still supported with Microsoft Store updates....
  4. Will there still be updates for windows 10 when support ends.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will there still be updates for windows 10 when support ends.: Hello, can someone let me know, will there be updates for windows 10 when support ends for version? Thanks Matthew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-there-still-be-updates-for-windows-10-when/b5c9c5b9-eaf4-480b-9ab0-9614fbbedafd
  5. HDR still not supported on Windows in 2020.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR still not supported on Windows in 2020.: I'm posting parts of a discussion I've had on the DirectX Discord channel, because still needs to be addressed by Microsoft... I'm on 1909. I have an RTX 2060 and an AOC Agon AG322QC4 which supports HDR400. And if I enable Settings / System / Display / Play HDR games and...
  6. With Windows 10, is antivirus support such as Norton still needed?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    With Windows 10, is antivirus support such as Norton still needed?: With Windows 10, do I still need additional antivirus such as Norton? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/with-windows-10-is-antivirus-support-such-as/6d5cde01-551f-4dfb-aea3-1ea59471033d"
  7. Via Chrome 9 Still Not Supported by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Via Chrome 9 Still Not Supported by Windows 10: We love our old laptops so we don't want to trash them and I think that they deserve Windows 10! I have 2 laptops home that only work with the basic Microsoft driver. The first release of Windows 10 was compatible with Chrome 9 but only worked until next big upgrade. Does...
  8. Is Firewire IEEE 1394 still supported by Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is Firewire IEEE 1394 still supported by Windows 10 ?: Hello I have a Nikon Coolscan (Firewire connexion) that worked fine with Windows 7 I changed for a new computer with Windows 7 - 64 bits and my former IEEE 1394 Firewire adapter did not work anymore (no driver available) I searched on the web and found an adapter by Startech...
  9. Does Windows 10 home support smb3

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does Windows 10 home support smb3: Using windows 10 home as a test bed I cannot seem to connect to server 12 with smb3. Does win10home support smb3 or do I need to upgrade to pro? Thanks. 91124
  10. is 10240 still supported?

in Windows 10 Support
    is 10240 still supported?: RTM (10240) is supposed to be current branch for business....does it get updates??? i always heard about cumulative updates for 1511 (10586) but never for 10240.... 38530