Windows 10: Is Windows 10 Maintaining Its Speed Over Time?

Discus and support Is Windows 10 Maintaining Its Speed Over Time? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After using most Microsoft OSs since Windows 3.1, I have always found that the speed of operations slowed down a lot after 2-3 years for reason unknown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JWalker, Apr 4, 2020.

1. JWalker Win User

Is Windows 10 Maintaining Its Speed Over Time?

After using most Microsoft OSs since Windows 3.1, I have always found that the speed of operations slowed down a lot after 2-3 years for reason unknown to me. But I have been running Windows 10 for three years and I have noticed no slowdown. I don't have any benchmarks to back up my observation, but I would like to hear if anyone else has observed this. Hopefully Windows 10 has an architecture that avoids the slow down, or perhaps it gets renewed with updates such as Creator. If the slowdown is a thing of the past then it is a major development and much appreciated.

J Walker
    Thinkpad E 570

:)

JWalker, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Is Windows 10 Maintaining Its Speed Over Time?

Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Is Windows 10 Maintaining Its Speed Over Time?

1. Is Windows 10 Maintaining Its Speed Over Time? - Similar Threads - Maintaining Speed

2. S22 Ultra doesn't maintain bluetooth output for call on PC via Phone Link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    S22 Ultra doesn't maintain bluetooth output for call on PC via Phone Link: Whenever I try to initiate or answer a call on my PC via Phone Link app, it will make/ answer the call but the sound/ audio will play through my phone instead of my PC. When in a call, I will select my PC as the Bluetooth source output but within a few seconds it turns off...
  3. S22 Ultra doesn't maintain bluetooth output for call on PC via Phone Link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    S22 Ultra doesn't maintain bluetooth output for call on PC via Phone Link: Whenever I try to initiate or answer a call on my PC via Phone Link app, it will make/ answer the call but the sound/ audio will play through my phone instead of my PC. When in a call, I will select my PC as the Bluetooth source output but within a few seconds it turns off...
  4. Maintaining unimpeded access to all apps and services in Win11, after being logged in to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maintaining unimpeded access to all apps and services in Win11, after being logged in to...: i am logged in to my personal computer and using EDGE on THIS answers.microsoft.com page.Edge seems to recognize me little icon/picture in upper leftOneDrive seems to recognize me if i click on onedrive in taskbar, folder opens with filesVisual Studio recognizes my default...
  5. Maintaining unimpeded access to all apps and services in Win11, after being logged in to...

Maintaining unimpeded access to all apps and services in Win11, after being logged in to...: i am logged in to my personal computer and using EDGE on THIS answers.microsoft.com page.Edge seems to recognize me little icon/picture in upper leftOneDrive seems to recognize me if i click on onedrive in taskbar, folder opens with filesVisual Studio recognizes my default...
  6. Windows 11 - MS Paint - how to click & drag resize image and maintain aspect ratio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - MS Paint - how to click & drag resize image and maintain aspect ratio?: OS - Windows 11MS Paint insider version with layers & transparencyIs it possible to use the click & drag method of resizing an image and maintain its aspect ratio in the process? I've read several forum posts where they suggest holding Shift while dragging, but doing that...
  7. Windows 11 - MS Paint - how to click & drag resize image and maintain aspect ratio?

Windows 11 - MS Paint - how to click & drag resize image and maintain aspect ratio?: OS - Windows 11MS Paint insider version with layers & transparencyIs it possible to use the click & drag method of resizing an image and maintain its aspect ratio in the process? I've read several forum posts where they suggest holding Shift while dragging, but doing that...
  8. How can I maintain shape integrity when merging or subtracting shapes in 3D Builder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I maintain shape integrity when merging or subtracting shapes in 3D Builder?: When I create a tube in 3D Builder by subtracting one cylinder from another--or merge two tubes to create a "wye" type junction--the surface of the resulting shape is rough and lumpy, with many irregularly-shaped polygons instead of a smooth tube. The resulting 3D print is...
  9. How can I maintain shape integrity when merging or subtracting shapes in 3D Builder?

How can I maintain shape integrity when merging or subtracting shapes in 3D Builder?: When I create a tube in 3D Builder by subtracting one cylinder from another--or merge two tubes to create a "wye" type junction--the surface of the resulting shape is rough and lumpy, with many irregularly-shaped polygons instead of a smooth tube. The resulting 3D print is...
  10. How do I keep the File Save Screen to maintain the size I open it too?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I keep the File Save Screen to maintain the size I open it too?: When saving a file I have to open the Save File screen wide enough to show all my files/folders. How do I set the screen size to show all my files/folders every time I want to save a file....