Windows 10: Is Windows 11 on the way? Microsoft drops another hint

Discus and support Is Windows 11 on the way? Microsoft drops another hint in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A number of Microsoft executives and employees have confirmed that they are working on a next-gen Windows. This was first confirmed during Microsoft’s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 11, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Is Windows 11 on the way? Microsoft drops another hint

A number of Microsoft executives and employees have confirmed that they are working on a next-gen Windows. This was first confirmed during Microsoft’s Build 2021 conference where CEO Satya Nadella said Microsoft is working on “one of the most significant updates to Windows of the past decade.”

Satya Nadella was apparently talking about the Windows Sun Valley update, which is the codename of the new interface that sits on top of Windows 10 and it is a major update coming to Microsoft’s desktop OS lineup.

There’s a theory that the next generation of the operating could be called “Windows 11” and this is based on the teaser for the Microsoft event in June, which you can see in the below screenshot. If you look at the teaser closely, you can see a light coming through the window resulting in two vertical bars that look like ‘11’.

Is Windows 11 on the way? Microsoft drops another hint Windows-11-event-teaser.jpg
    Windows 11 event teaser posted by Microsoft

Microsoft also intentionally removed the horizontal bar and many people speculated that the teaser is talking about Windows 11 (also known as the Sun Valley update). Some leakers including reliable Evan Blass also confirmed that there’s a forthcoming Microsoft OS called “Windows 11”.

Earlier today, Microsoft’s Windows YouTube channel posted a medley of various startup sounds, including the melodies that were included with Windows 95, Windows XP, and Windows 7. These melodies have been slowed down by 4,000 times to form an “11-minute” long music video to help those excited for the June 24th Microsoft Event.

“Having trouble relaxing because you’re too excited for the June 24th Microsoft Event? Take a slow trip down memory lane with the Windows 95, XP, and 7 startup sounds slowed down to a meditative 4,000% reduced speed,” Microsoft said.

Microsoft’s video features startup sounds of all major Windows versions that had introduced significant improvements. At the end of the video, there’s also a teaser for the Microsoft event on June 24, which is set to begin at 11 a.m. ET.

This seems to imply that Windows 11 / Sun Valley will introduce significant improvements, as previously confirmed by Microsoft CEO.

Is Windows 11 on the way? Microsoft drops another hint Windows-Sun-Valley-update.jpg
    Sun Valley

As you can see in the above screenshot, there also appears to be a reference to “Sun Valley” in the video.

Windows 11?

In the past, Microsoft made it very clear that “Windows 10 is the last version of Windows” and it will be updated regularly as a “service”. However, Microsoft also promised fancy features, names (remember Creators Update?) and a lot of others, which were simply abandoned.

The people responsible for “Windows 10 is the last version of Windows” decision are long gone and the possibility of Windows 11 cannot be ruled out.

The post Is Windows 11 on the way? Microsoft drops another hint appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 11, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft’s marketing chief drops Surface Phone hints

Read more: Microsoft WinBeta

Brink, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Geethu B Win User
    unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Roan T Win User

Changing Password Hint in Windows 10

Hi,

To change your password hint, you can follow the steps below:

• Click
      Start.

• Type Control Panel on the
      Search bar and click it from the result.

• Click
      Change account type underUser
      Accounts.

• Select the user you would like to change password hint.

• Change the password hint for that user.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Is Windows 11 on the way? Microsoft drops another hint - Similar Threads - Microsoft drops another

2. Microsoft 11 dropping wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 11 dropping wifi: Okay, so I just got a new PC built at micrometer, everything chosen specifically for graphics/gaming. I am CONSTANTLY having the wifi drop, when every other device in the house is still connected. We have Google fiber and before this have only once had an issue with internet...
  3. Microsoft 11 dropping wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft 11 dropping wifi: Okay, so I just got a new PC built at micrometer, everything chosen specifically for graphics/gaming. I am CONSTANTLY having the wifi drop, when every other device in the house is still connected. We have Google fiber and before this have only once had an issue with internet...
  4. Font/Text Size of Drag and Drop Hint in File Explorer To Small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font/Text Size of Drag and Drop Hint in File Explorer To Small: Hi, when I drag files in Windows 10 file explorer, the icon is fine, but the font size of the hint i.e "Move to..." or "Copy to..." is so small I can't read it. It used to be fine, not sure what I did to cause this. How do I restore or change that text back to something I can...
  5. Windows 11 leak hints at Microsoft Teams integration as Skype disappears

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 leak hints at Microsoft Teams integration as Skype disappears: Windows 11 is reportedly coming later this year with a new design that will share some resemblance with Windows 10X. The most noticeable changes on Windows 11 are the centered taskbar and Start Menu layout, but there are a few other minor changes in this leaked build too. In...
  6. Microsoft doc hints at new gesture experience on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft doc hints at new gesture experience on Windows 11: We know Microsoft is poised to unveil a whole host of Windows features over the next few days. Windows 11 has already leaked online, but there’s more to the show, as suggested by the company’s Twitter handle. According to updated documentation and job listings spotted by us,...
  7. uninstall is there another way

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    uninstall is there another way: Why cant i uninstall this[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-is-there-another-way/63a97353-efb4-4ce0-9757-75bc5b51e67f
  8. `Hints and ???

in Windows 10 Support
    `Hints and ???: What do you call those little pictures that popup when you rollover the taskbar icons? And how can you turn them off. I did it once but forgot how. Don Cole 126941
  9. Another LinkedIn profile hints at rumoured Windows Core OS features

in Windows 10 News
    Another LinkedIn profile hints at rumoured Windows Core OS features: According to various reports, Microsoft is said to be internally working on Windows Core OS, a new modular version of Windows that will work on any form factors including the dual-screen devices, Surface Hub and HoloLens. Microsoft’s long rumoured dual-screen Andromeda phone...
  10. Microsoft’s marketing chief drops Surface Phone hints

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s marketing chief drops Surface Phone hints: We’ve been waiting for the Surface Phone for a long time now. With a rocky start to the launch of Windows 10 Mobile, many Windows diehard fans have been disappointed with some of the steps that Microsoft has taken, and feel like their entry into the mobile world hasn’t really...