Windows 10: Is Windows 11 spying on you?

Discus and support Is Windows 11 spying on you? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Do you know what goes on as you happily turn on your Windows 11 system to perform your regular (and perhaps some irregular) activities? Bingo! Like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Feb 9, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Is Windows 11 spying on you?

Do you know what goes on as you happily turn on your Windows 11 system to perform your regular (and perhaps some irregular) activities? Bingo! Like government agencies and big tech, Microsoft is a bit of a voyeur, too.

This might not be news for some. This has been going on for so long that even books have been released about enhancing privacy in Windows 10. However, looks like they have outdone themselves with this latest Windows iteration.

The PC Security Channel has uploaded a YouTube video where they monitored Windows activity via Wireshark while using a brand-new Windows 11 laptop. Wireshark is a network monitoring tool that allows you to check and even analyze data coming and going from your system and into the network.

Aside from this, they monitored a Windows XP computer to gauge how the tide has changed when it comes to Windows’ efforts in spying on you. As it turns out, a lot has changed.

Is Windows 11 spying on you? Is-Windows-11-spying-on-you-scaled.jpg

Everyone gets a cut of your data

If you thought Windows started spying on you when you connected to the Internet, think again. Windows 11 is into it even before you start doing anything. Just having Windows loaded means they’re getting loaded too, with your information.

This information goes to Microsoft mainly, but also to third parties. This is perhaps the most worrying part and it’s the reason why The PC Security Channel checked what kind of companies get this data.

Much of your activity goes to marketing and advertising-related companies, including software and antivirus developers. The antivirus telemetry, they noted, might be happening because of a trial version pre-installed on the new laptop.

Before you send me to read the manual and turn off telemetry settings on Windows 11, consider that all this was happening with the minimum settings available. There’s no way, at least no built-in way, to avoid this. And the thought of what happens when all telemetry settings are on makes me have nightmares at night.

How did Windows XP fare? Pretty good, actually. Telemetry was almost non-existent for the venerable OS, and the only connections it made were directed to Microsoft servers to check for updates. Ah, those were the times.

A sign of the times

Sure, there are tech advancements every day, but our era can be challenging for privacy-conscious people. You need to be on your constant guard, with everyone trying to get your data.

However, there’s no way around it if you expect to have modern features on your phone or computer. Logically, Google Maps collects your information to allow you to locate your position. Thus, it’s reasonable that Windows 11, with all its online functionality, will have the same requirements.

However, while Google Maps is free (at least at face value), Microsoft cashes in for every Windows 11 purchase, even if it came “for free” with your computer. Why do they squeeze your data, too, if they’re already profiting from sales?

Besides this, there’s a long process of normalizing these practices so the consumer will care less as time goes on, which will surely lead us to a Big Tech Dystopia and Machines fighting humans. Will that ever happen? Only history will tell.

Is Windows 11 spying on you? Peekaboo-Does-Big-Brother-Microsoft-see-you-on-Windows-11.jpg

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Is Windows 11 spying on you? appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Feb 9, 2023

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 9, 2023
  3. JhonTTs Win User
    looking for mobile phone spy software

Hi,

I'm searching for mobile phone spy software like

I want to spy on my wife's windows mobile smartphone.

Any suggestions?

JhonTTs, Feb 9, 2023
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 9, 2023
Thema:

1. Is Windows 11 spying on you? - Similar Threads - spying

2. Potential Spying Activities from Hosting Services, Open Ports and Instrumented Scripts in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potential Spying Activities from Hosting Services, Open Ports and Instrumented Scripts in...: Does anyone know why task manager has so many duplicated processes running under the same user profile? Does it indicate potential spying activities performed through multiple sub-operating systems instrumented via open ports and other hosting services? The laptop I own is a...
  3. Potential Spying Activities from Hosting Services, Open Ports and Instrumented Scripts in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Potential Spying Activities from Hosting Services, Open Ports and Instrumented Scripts in...: Does anyone know why task manager has so many duplicated processes running under the same user profile? Does it indicate potential spying activities performed through multiple sub-operating systems instrumented via open ports and other hosting services? The laptop I own is a...
  4. i get a lot of spam email, like up to 200 in a day? is my email tracked or spying on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i get a lot of spam email, like up to 200 in a day? is my email tracked or spying on?: also noticed that if i example googling something from my phone my microsoft email starting to give me email about the same theme. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-a-lot-of-spam-email-like-up-to-200-in-a-day/88f5e491-baef-4fcf-b03e-ae482f27fa69
  5. i get a lot of spam email, like up to 200 in a day? is my email tracked or spying on?

i get a lot of spam email, like up to 200 in a day? is my email tracked or spying on?: also noticed that if i example googling something from my phone my microsoft email starting to give me email about the same theme. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-a-lot-of-spam-email-like-up-to-200-in-a-day/88f5e491-baef-4fcf-b03e-ae482f27fa69
  6. How do you stop onedrive Microsoft spying from uploading my files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you stop onedrive Microsoft spying from uploading my files.: How do I turn "onedrive" scam off and get my information off your server?I Never gave Microsoft permission to upload my files to the web!Microsoft has become worse than any virus!...
  7. How do you stop onedrive Microsoft spying from uploading my files.

How do you stop onedrive Microsoft spying from uploading my files.: How do I turn "onedrive" scam off and get my information off your server?I Never gave Microsoft permission to upload my files to the web!Microsoft has become worse than any virus!...
  8. What Is spy++ and dotfuscator software services? And why is it in my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What Is spy++ and dotfuscator software services? And why is it in my pc?: So I was working on my homework when I noticed three new programmes appear in my menu, and as far as I knew, I had never installed any software like this before.I'm truly terrified of seeing these applications, especially the names?Is this a virus? Has someone hacked my...
  9. What Is spy++ and dotfuscator software services? And why is it in my pc?

What Is spy++ and dotfuscator software services? And why is it in my pc?: So I was working on my homework when I noticed three new programmes appear in my menu, and as far as I knew, I had never installed any software like this before.I'm truly terrified of seeing these applications, especially the names?Is this a virus? Has someone hacked my...
  10. Why Windows 11 Security does not detect a spying software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Windows 11 Security does not detect a spying software: Recently I was working with Python development. As a hobby project I developed a Python script to snoop on user activity. The script I developed logs the window names that user opens and also take screenshots of user screen after defined intervals. In a layman term, this...