Windows 10: Is Windows C same as C drive in windows 10 laptops

Discus and support Is Windows C same as C drive in windows 10 laptops in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is Windows C same as C drive in windows 10 laptops ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by XYZ1999, Dec 6, 2018.

1. XYZ1999 Win User

Is Windows C same as C drive in windows 10 laptops

Is Windows C same as C drive in windows 10 laptops ?

:)

XYZ1999, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Is Windows C same as C drive in windows 10 laptops ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Is Windows C same as C drive in windows 10 laptops

CSRSS @ c/i386

Tried Nod32.. no help. Will try kaspersky. Will try Norton Corporate Edition Anti-Virus. thanks for suggestion.

HiddenStupid, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Is Windows C same as C drive in windows 10 laptops

1. Is Windows C same as C drive in windows 10 laptops - Similar Threads - same drive laptops

2. Windows 10 C drive wiped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 C drive wiped: Good afternoon everyone, Yesterday when I got home from work my computer was off and upon turning it on it went through the set up for a new user profile. All of my old C drive files were gone. My old user account was gone and a new useradministrator account that i did not...
  3. C Drive Suddenly appeared as Windows Drive instead of C.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive Suddenly appeared as Windows Drive instead of C.: The system still works but why does Explorer show the drive as Windows now? See picture. This is on a Surface Pro 3 running Win 10. Is there some way to correct the label so it shows as the C Drive again?...
  4. C Drive Suddenly appeared as Windows Drive instead of C.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C Drive Suddenly appeared as Windows Drive instead of C.: The system still works but why does Explorer show the drive as Windows now? See picture. This is on a Surface Pro 3 running Win 10. Is there some way to correct the label so it shows as the C Drive again?...
  5. Windows 10, C Drive Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, C Drive Access: I am using windows 10 pro & it has 1 admin account and no local account. One day accidentally I have removed all the read-write permission for all user of my c drive. Now C drive is not opening & Many installed software stopped working, How can I regain access without lose of...
  6. Windows 10 C drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 C drive: So i was trying tonplay a steam game on my lenovo laptop and the game crashed. Now my computer refuses to boot into the sign in . It keeps trying to repair the disk errors. Ive tried to reset the laptop. It doesn’t work. It won’t even let me restore to factory settings. Is...
  7. Windows 10 C Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 C Drive: When I was on my PC one day, I was looking over my drives, I have one for games, the other for the PC required files. It was around 50gb out of 128gb used, but when I got on later the next day, I got a notification saying almost out of space. At first I thought it was my...
  8. Windows 10 Formatted the C: Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Formatted the C: Drive: I have Windows 10 on my System(I'm using my Chromebook to write this) and I formatted the C: Drive and I can't get the ISO to work and I don't have a blank DVD and I really need my Windows 10 System Back, but I don't have any other computer running Windows or any OS that...
  9. C Drive Missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C Drive Missing in Windows 10: I have fixed my hidden C Drive in Windows 10 on my Acer Aspire 5749Z, and I get back on it and the C Drive is missing again. Help please!? Thanks in advance. 50657
  10. Reinstalling windows 10 on same (C) drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling windows 10 on same (C) drive: hello, i have 1 tb harddisk with C,D,E drives..my OS is on C drive ,, i have created back up of all drives in external..i am reinstaling OS on C drive where i had previously win10 15014insider preivew.. i am getting rid of insider preview and get back to current branch...