Windows 10: is windows defender completely free?

Discus and support is windows defender completely free? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; is this legitimate or scam? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by elle12293, Dec 12, 2020.

1. elle12293 Win User

is windows defender completely free?

is this legitimate or scam?

is windows defender completely free? 38a9c88f-e427-4eef-8e86-4673a3f3a8f5?upload=true.jpg

:)

elle12293, Dec 12, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond is windows defender completely free? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Windows Defender not completing scans

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing issues using Windows Defender.

I would suggest you to go through the below methods:

Method 1: Set Windows Defender to Automatic

You can set the Windows Defender service to Automatic, Disabled or Manual. Setting it to automatic might solve the problem. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > type services in the Search box > click Services in the Programs list.

2. Search for Windows defender.

3. Double-click Windows Defender, and click Automatic in the start-up box > click OK.

Method 2: Run SFC scan, it will check, if there is any kind of corruption on the operating system.

• Press WIN+X.

• Click on command prompt with admin.

• Type sfc /scannow and press enter.

• Reboot the computer once finished.

Method 3: Try the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/931849

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Sahil Bali, Dec 12, 2020
  4. is windows defender completely free?

Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

is windows defender completely free?

1. is windows defender completely free? - Similar Threads - defender completely free

2. Is MS Windows Defender a free program?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is MS Windows Defender a free program?: I was trying to check and see if Defender was turned on and when I did, I was asked to SUBSCRIBE to Defender through MS 365? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-ms-windows-defender-a-free-program/51446276-3cc8-4e73-aac9-755dd2c64b1a
  3. Is MS Windows Defender a free program?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is MS Windows Defender a free program?: I was trying to check and see if Defender was turned on and when I did, I was asked to SUBSCRIBE to Defender through MS 365? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-ms-windows-defender-a-free-program/51446276-3cc8-4e73-aac9-755dd2c64b1a
  4. Completely Disable Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Completely Disable Defender: Hello,I want to completely disable windows defender on windows 10. Not just turn it off in settings for it to automatically turn on a day later. I want to %100 remove it from my windows 10 home.I looked up tutorials, but they all require the group policy editor that I don't...
  5. Is Windows 10 completely free?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Windows 10 completely free?: I keep reading about that if you get Windows 10 for free, you will have a watermark in the bottom right, and lack customisation options, but I built an entirely new PC, got Windows 10 on a USB, installed it, and it seems to be fully activated. Did the OS recognise the key...
  6. Free alternative to Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Free alternative to Windows Defender?: For selection: Kaspersky Security Cloud Free and Avira Free Security Suite Considering only these two programs, which one would be better? Without assuming that the Defender is actually good enough. (Use it yourself) Which one would be better, especially in terms of...
  7. Is Malwarebytes free and Windows Defender enough?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Malwarebytes free and Windows Defender enough?: Or should I download free av? submitted by /u/Irouca [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hgrsy0/is_malwarebytes_free_and_windows_defender_enough/
  8. Completely disabling Windows Defender

Completely disabling Windows Defender: I'm running Win10 v1909 Bld 18363.535 and keep getting malware notifications from Windows Defender -- and they are really annoying! I have done everything I have found to disable it, including the Windows Security settings and Regedit settings. When I get a notification, I...
  9. Windows Defender or Avast Free

Windows Defender or Avast Free: I currently have Avast free on Windows 10, defender is turned off. Has defender improved so I can remove 3rd party and go with defender. I am a low end user, I am on a lot but not doing anything that would be considered going to risky sites. 86333
  10. Completely Stop Windows Defender

Completely Stop Windows Defender: Just checking here. The only way to disable Windows defender is through: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Real-Time Protection] "DisableRealtimeMonitoring"=dword:00000001 & gpedit.msc >...