Windows 10: Is Windows Defender enough for device protection?

Discus and support Is Windows Defender enough for device protection? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is windows defender is enough for device protection? * Original title: window security... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ellenadam, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Ellenadam Win User

Is Windows Defender enough for device protection?

Is windows defender is enough for device protection?

* Original title: window security

:)

Ellenadam, Feb 10, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows defender is not going to enable manually....

Hi,

Windows Defender Antivirus works help protect your device by scanning for malicious or unwanted software and uses real-time protection to scan everything you download or run on your device. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• What is the exact error message you received?
    • Are you able to use Windows Defender before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to turn on/off Windows Defender.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Windows defender real time protection cant be turned on.

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

You tried all suggestions in my previous post and Windows Defender “real time protection”
    still will not turn on?

Did you try everything suggested in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    to include (but not limited to) running SFC, scanning for malware and running the software removal tools for any security software (AVG,
    McAfee, Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer followed by a reboot? List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

Le Boule, Feb 10, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

Defender will only do periodic scanning, no real time protection

Hello,

This issue may happen if other security software, such as antivirus, anti-spyware, or anti-malware programs, are fully or partially installed on the computer. Windows Defender automatically turns off if you install another antivirus app.

Let us uncheck security messages for Virus Protection and Spyware, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + X, then select Control Panel.
    • Click on Security and Maintenance.
    • Click the Change Security and Maintenance Settings.
    • Uncheck Spyware and unwanted software protection and Virus Protection.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart the device for the changes to take effect.
    After the device restarted, make a full system scan using Windows defender.

To turn on real-time protection, do the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings.
    • Click on Update & Security > Windows Defender.
    • Turn on Real-time protection.

Update us on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Is Windows Defender enough for device protection? - Similar Threads - Defender enough device

2. Is windows defender enough

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is windows defender enough: Is windows defender enough for me cuz i game and i some time install cracked softwares https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-defender-enough/608c1720-42d6-49f1-a355-a6217e373108
  3. Is windows defender enough

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is windows defender enough: Is windows defender enough for me cuz i game and i some time install cracked softwares https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-defender-enough/608c1720-42d6-49f1-a355-a6217e373108
  4. Is windows defender enough

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is Windows Defender Good Enough to Protect my PC by Itself?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Windows Defender Good Enough to Protect my PC by Itself?: Dear: AllIs Windows Defender Good Enough to Protect my PC by Itself?Kind Regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-defender-good-enough-to-protect-my-pc/7d0a6a2d-9c77-485d-a5c9-015245f99722
  6. Is Windows Defender enough?

Is Windows Defender enough?: Just Remaining 5 days of my ESET subscription..... I am thinking of just using Microsoft Defender on my surface Pro device..... So I want to ask Is defender enough for WIN 10 as many other AV programs drains Battery....so I thought defender would be a great option and light...
  7. Is Windows Defender enough?

Is Windows Defender enough?: I don't mind purchasing additional AV or malware protection if it's needed. I just bought a new Surface Laptop 3 and wanted to know if Window Defender is sufficient AV and malware protection? If not, I'll add something else, but many things I've read say to not use another...
  8. Is Windows Defender enough for device protection?

Is Windows Defender enough for device protection?: Is windows defender is enough for device protection? * Original title: window security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-defender-enough-for-device-protection/236e8164-2798-48fb-92d8-764c525aefab"
  9. Is windows defender is enough for device protection?

Is windows defender is enough for device protection?: Is windows defender is enough for device protection? * Original title: window security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-defender-is-enough-for-device/236e8164-2798-48fb-92d8-764c525aefab"
  10. Is Windows Defender enough?

Is Windows Defender enough?: I'm fairly new to Windows 10, but so far, I like it. I have installed it on my laptop which formerly had Windows 8, then 8.1. I also have it on a Dell Inspiron netbook which formerly had had Windows 7 Starter. The netbook is doing far better than I had expected. I have been...