Windows 10: is windows defender enough virus protector

Discus and support is windows defender enough virus protector in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; is windows defender enough virus protector for my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by louise colemanwt, Mar 26, 2020.

1. is windows defender enough virus protector

is windows defender enough virus protector for my computer

:)

louise colemanwt, Mar 26, 2020

2. Windows Defender Not On

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run virus scan to make sure the computer is free from virus.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove virus, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Method 2:

Turn the Defender on. Follow the below steps:

• In search, type Defender.
    • Now make the option ON by moving the slider accordingly.

Method 3: Run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Select “Run as Administrator”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Mar 26, 2020
  4. is windows defender enough virus protector

Can't turn on Windows Defender. I'm running Net Protector 2016.

I have installed Anti virus program Net Protector 2016. My Operating system is Windows 10 64 bit Single user Lenovo Laptop Yoga 500. I am unable to turn on Windows Defender = Vaidyanathan e-mail: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

VaidyanathanN, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

is windows defender enough virus protector

1. is windows defender enough virus protector - Similar Threads - defender enough virus

2. Is Msolrm Protector a virus?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is Msolrm Protector a virus?: I did an Excel search using *.xls. One of the files that came up was Msolrm Protector authored by Kevin L. Brown. I don't recognize the name or the file. I didn't open it since I was worried it was a virus. Should I?Jackie Reinhardt...
  3. Is Msolrm Protector a virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Msolrm Protector a virus?: I did an Excel search using *.xls. One of the files that came up was Msolrm Protector authored by Kevin L. Brown. I don't recognize the name or the file. I didn't open it since I was worried it was a virus. Should I?Jackie Reinhardt...
  4. Is Msolrm Protector a virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is windows defender enough

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is windows defender enough: Is windows defender enough for me cuz i game and i some time install cracked softwares https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-defender-enough/608c1720-42d6-49f1-a355-a6217e373108
  6. Is windows defender enough

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is windows defender enough: Is windows defender enough for me cuz i game and i some time install cracked softwares https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-defender-enough/608c1720-42d6-49f1-a355-a6217e373108
  7. Is Windows Defender enough?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Windows Defender enough?: Just Remaining 5 days of my ESET subscription..... I am thinking of just using Microsoft Defender on my surface Pro device..... So I want to ask Is defender enough for WIN 10 as many other AV programs drains Battery....so I thought defender would be a great option and light...
  8. Is windows defender good enough as a free anti-virus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is windows defender good enough as a free anti-virus?: Should i just stay with windows defender or should i download some other AV? Note that i will be using the free version of any AV i'll download submitted by /u/benPinhas [link] [comments]...
  9. Is Windows Defender enough?

Is Windows Defender enough?: I don't mind purchasing additional AV or malware protection if it's needed. I just bought a new Surface Laptop 3 and wanted to know if Window Defender is sufficient AV and malware protection? If not, I'll add something else, but many things I've read say to not use another...
  10. Is Windows Defender enough?

Is Windows Defender enough?: I'm fairly new to Windows 10, but so far, I like it. I have installed it on my laptop which formerly had Windows 8, then 8.1. I also have it on a Dell Inspiron netbook which formerly had had Windows 7 Starter. The netbook is doing far better than I had expected. I have been...