Windows 10: Is windows defender good enough as a free anti-virus?

Discus and support Is windows defender good enough as a free anti-virus? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Should i just stay with windows defender or should i download some other AV? Note that i will be using the free version of any AV i'll download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/benPinhas, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Is windows defender good enough as a free anti-virus?

Should i just stay with windows defender or should i download some other AV? Note that i will be using the free version of any AV i'll download

submitted by /u/benPinhas
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/benPinhas, Jan 14, 2021
  2. oemSoft Win User

How to scan anti-virus with windows Defender?

For windows 10, I would like to know on how to scan anti-virus with windows Defender, when I select a file and right click, there is no anti-virus for scanning for windows defender and how to make windows defender update automatically?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

oemSoft, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Smeed Win User

Is windows defender good enough as a free anti-virus?

Are Bit defender FREE anti-virus and Windows Defender compatible?

Please do understand that Windows Defender on Windows 7 is NOT an Anti-Virus program.

Windows Defender on Windows 7 provides spyware protection only.

That means that you do have to install an Anti-Virus program.

It's up to you which one you want to install. Bitdefender Antivirus Free is not a bad choice IMO.

Most Anti-Virus programs automatically disable Windows Defender. If not, it's best that you disable Windows Defender yourself.

The only thing which you have to keep in mind is not to install/run more than 1 Anti-Virus program at the same time.

In case your computer came with a pre-installed Anti-Virus program and/or if you have another Anti-Virus program installed right now: Make sure to uninstall it (use also its specific appropriate uninstall tool from this

List of anti-malware product removal tools
    ) before installing Bitdefender Antivirus Free.

In addition I suggest that you click on your blue profile name (LLLKKK) which brings you to your profile page.

There you will find all the threads with similar topics which you've asked before.

I suggest to read through them again because they contain further good information and many helpful links.

I hope this helps to clarify things for you.

Smeed, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Is windows defender good enough as a free anti-virus?

1. Is windows defender good enough as a free anti-virus? - Similar Threads - defender enough free

2. is win defender good enough

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is win defender good enough: in av test feb 2023 win defender of win 10 has taken 18 our of 18 points , it was the only one who took an award from av ... then why everybody says that it is not good enough ? if that so why it always picks the trophy ? what kind of security flaw is in it ? if it has lower...
  3. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender Anti Virus: I use windows defender/Anti Virus. It keeps telling me I have the same problems. HackTool:Win32/Wpakill.F. Which I have dealt with many times. I have Python, Git Hub, Git Bash and Visual studion code. I keep thinking that it is finding these. Am I right or wrong? Its constant...
  4. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender Anti Virus: I use windows defender/Anti Virus. It keeps telling me I have the same problems. HackTool:Win32/Wpakill.F. Which I have dealt with many times. I have Python, Git Hub, Git Bash and Visual studion code. I keep thinking that it is finding these. Am I right or wrong? Its constant...
  5. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. pls recommend some good free anti virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pls recommend some good free anti virus: pls recommend some good free anti virus program 175163
  7. Is Windows Defender good enough?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Windows Defender good enough?: I've been using Avast and Avg ever since I had a pc and recently its getting really annoying with its popups, and I'm looking for a new antivirus and I'm wondering is the windows Defender good enough to use as my normal everyday antivirus? submitted by /u/Aqua853 [link]...
  8. Is WIndows Defender good enough?

Is WIndows Defender good enough?: Is WIndows Defender bundled with Windows 10 good enough for protection or do business users require paid for products? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-windows-defender-good-enough/97597a37-ed1a-4011-a0f9-bf7a5a13fe0f
  9. Windows Defender good enough?

Windows Defender good enough?: Hello, I follow a reasonably sensible/aware browsing approach and use the following combination of AV: Comodo Internet Security V 12 locked down for max protection and firefox with bitdefender trafficlight and noscript extensions. Was wondering if i could replace CIS with...
  10. Windows defender is it good enough

Windows defender is it good enough: is it safe to just use windows defender or i need to get another 3rd party antivirus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-is-it-good-enough/f5be4afc-1cda-47f9-b6b5-c55ba5780da4"