Windows 10: Is Windows Defender good enough?

Discus and support Is Windows Defender good enough? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been using Avast and Avg ever since I had a pc and recently its getting really annoying with its popups, and I'm looking for a new antivirus and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Aqua853, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Is Windows Defender good enough?

I've been using Avast and Avg ever since I had a pc and recently its getting really annoying with its popups, and I'm looking for a new antivirus and I'm wondering is the windows Defender good enough to use as my normal everyday antivirus?

submitted by /u/Aqua853
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Aqua853, Oct 31, 2020

2. Good alternative to Windows Defender on 8.1

I had to do a format and reinstall on my main rig, and thought I may as well upgrade to 8.1. My only real gripe is my Downloads folder lagging like hell, which I've read is due to Windows Defender. Now I really like MSE/Windows Defender because it's unobtrusive and lets me do what I want to do without pissing me off. Several attempts to try another antivirus program have always resulted in me going back to MSE (either due to viral infection or general annoyance). The lagging, while not an issue per se, is annoying the hell out of me. So I'd like suggestions for a good, free alternative that will be unobtrusive, not try to block everything I want to do (I'm smart enough to know what I'm doing), and not make my PC lag even when running a schedules scan.

Thanks.

Red_Machine, Oct 31, 2020
  3. How reinstall windows defender

Hello LucianN1, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

I suggest you follow the instructions down below.

Step 1: Enable Windows defender from control panel

1. Press Windows + X, Click on control panel.

2. On right top corner click on View and then choose large items.

3. Now from the list click on Windows Defender and try to enable it.

If not try to enable it from services.

Step 2: Enable Window defender from services.msc.

1. Press Windows + R, to open run prompt.

2. Type services.msc and press enter to open services list.

3. Under services look from Windows defender service and start the service.

I also suggest you refer to the link down below.

URL:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/for...

Hope this helps!

Thank you and good luck,

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Ron787 Win User

Is Windows Defender good enough?

Windows defender- is it good enough?

Previous experience, no, windows defender will not cut it. Suggest third party anti-virus. I use Norton Security, but many others to choose from. Good Luck

Ron787, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Is Windows Defender good enough?

1. Is Windows Defender good enough? - Similar Threads - Defender enough

2. is win defender good enough

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is win defender good enough: in av test feb 2023 win defender of win 10 has taken 18 our of 18 points , it was the only one who took an award from av ... then why everybody says that it is not good enough ? if that so why it always picks the trophy ? what kind of security flaw is in it ? if it has lower...
  3. is win defender good enough

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is win defender good enough: in av test feb 2023 win defender of win 10 has taken 18 our of 18 points , it was the only one who took an award from av ... then why everybody says that it is not good enough ? if that so why it always picks the trophy ? what kind of security flaw is in it ? if it has lower...
  4. is win defender good enough

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. What's the Best Antivirus for Windows 10 and 11? (Is Microsoft Defender Good Enough?)

in Windows 10 News
    What's the Best Antivirus for Windows 10 and 11? (Is Microsoft Defender Good Enough?): Gone are the days when Windows would insist on installing antivirus software. Since Windows 8, you can inbuilt antivirus software known as Windows Defender. However, is this enough? Can this software keep your system and data protected? This article will look at whether you...
  6. Is windows defender enough

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is windows defender enough: Is windows defender enough for me cuz i game and i some time install cracked softwares https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-defender-enough/608c1720-42d6-49f1-a355-a6217e373108
  7. Is windows defender enough

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is windows defender enough: Is windows defender enough for me cuz i game and i some time install cracked softwares https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-defender-enough/608c1720-42d6-49f1-a355-a6217e373108
  8. Is windows defender enough

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Is Windows Defender Enough?

Is Windows Defender Enough?: I am continuously getting popups from Mcafee, who i don't subscribe to but had a free trial when I bought the laptop. They say allsorts is wrong but Windows Defender says it is fine. Am I ok and how do I stop these pop ups?...
  10. Is Windows Defender Good Enough to Protect my PC by Itself?

Is Windows Defender Good Enough to Protect my PC by Itself?: Dear: AllIs Windows Defender Good Enough to Protect my PC by Itself?Kind Regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-defender-good-enough-to-protect-my-pc/7d0a6a2d-9c77-485d-a5c9-015245f99722