Windows 10: Is Windows going to end support for Adobe Type 1 fonts, aka Postscript fonts?

Discus and support Is Windows going to end support for Adobe Type 1 fonts, aka Postscript fonts? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Is Windows going to end support for Adobe Type 1 fonts, aka Postscript fonts?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Xmats, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Xmats Win User

Is Windows going to end support for Adobe Type 1 fonts, aka Postscript fonts?

:)

Xmats, Dec 6, 2022
  2. Rayborne Win User

Balloon Bold Font

It is not a True Type Font (TTF) it is an Adobe Type 1 Postscript Font File font (PFM)

This Adobe font consists of three files .PFM, .AFM and .PFB files

Rayborne, Dec 6, 2022
  3. Callender Win User
    Making My Fonts Completely Optimized in My Fonts Folder

This seems to confirm my thoughts:

How to install and manage fonts on Windows 10 - gHacks Tech News

Callender, Dec 6, 2022
  4. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Dec 6, 2022
Thema:

1. Is Windows going to end support for Adobe Type 1 fonts, aka Postscript fonts? - Similar Threads - going end support

2. Is Windows going to end support for Adobe Type 1 fonts, aka Postscript fonts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Windows going to end support for Adobe Type 1 fonts, aka Postscript fonts?: Is Windows going to end support for Adobe Type 1 fonts, aka Postscript fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-going-to-end-support-for-adobe-type-1/dea03afc-2e98-46d8-8390-2875900d6491
  3. type font

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    type font: does anyone know how to increase the font size on the Microsoft document app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-font/a2ce21df-e1ed-4332-86f7-046e7cd08c00
  4. Type 1 Font Parsing Remote Code Execution Vulnerability for Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Type 1 Font Parsing Remote Code Execution Vulnerability for Windows: Microsoft is aware of limited targeted attacks that could leverage un-patched vulnerabilities in the Adobe Type Manager Library, and is providing the following guidance to help reduce customer risk until the security update is released. Two remote code execution...
  5. Type 1 fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Type 1 fonts: Type 1 Fonts will not install in Windows 10. Tried over and over. Install, wont stay installed as soon as I use a program. Microsoft's tech solution was to turn off Defender and reinstall, didn't make sense, didn't work either....
  6. Postscript-Fonts not usable in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Postscript-Fonts not usable in Windows 10: Hello :) I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. Yesterday I installed photoshop and my postscript fonts. They did show up in the fonts folder, but not in photoshop. Today they do not show up in the font folder anymore, on reinstall they claim to be installed already,...
  7. Type 1 fonts disappear after reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Type 1 fonts disappear after reboot: I'm transferring all my software and files from a WIndows 10 PC to a new Windows 10 PC. All fonts are loaded except the type 1, PFM fonts. They load fine and are available after they're loaded but once I Restart the fonts are gone. It's only the type 1 fonts. When I reload...
  8. Telugu Fonts Not Supporting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Telugu Fonts Not Supporting: A week back updated my desktop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Earlier, various Telugu fonts supported well in Windows 7, now Windows 10 not supporting fonts If I open a file created in Telugu language, displaying uniformly for all the fonts. Earlier, when changed font type,...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Deleted 2408 of my Adobe Postscript Fonts in the last 24 hours!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Deleted 2408 of my Adobe Postscript Fonts in the last 24 hours!: New system build, 91 hours into troubleshooting scores of problems... Yesterday, I installed in to the C:\windows\fonts folder, 2408 postscript fonts. I was able to open projects in QuarkXpress yesterday with no complaints of missing fonts. Today, I reopened the same...
  10. cmplex fonts typing

in Windows 10 Support
    cmplex fonts typing: i am typing in tamil font (complex font) in ppt. windows 10/ m.s.office 2010. 1. the words appear slowly. 2. the first letter if repeated becomes consonant. ex. ல்ல் 3. frequently kernal security error appears and windows shuts. down and restarts. what can i do to...