Windows 10: Is Windows.old needed for a System Reset?

Discus and support Is Windows.old needed for a System Reset? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I've recently performed a reset on my laptop due to some issues and when I performed a Disk Cleanup, it found that Previous Windows Installations... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ajay123, Oct 17, 2018.

1. ajay123 Win User

Is Windows.old needed for a System Reset?

Hi. I've recently performed a reset on my laptop due to some issues and when I performed a Disk Cleanup, it found that Previous Windows Installations consumes about 124GB of my drive. Will it be safe to delete this without losing the ability to perform another system reset in the future? Just wanted to make sure that deleting these files do not remove the option since I found Reset to be quite useful.
    My Windows 10 version is 1803.

:)

ajay123, Oct 17, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Oct 17, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 17, 2018
  4. newfellow Win User

How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Is Windows.old needed for a System Reset? - Similar Threads - old needed System

2. Need to replace my old MSMoney operating system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to replace my old MSMoney operating system: I recently had to upgrade my computer and my old MSMoney operating system did not survive. The files did. What software is able to integrate the old files into a new operation system, without costing a lot of money, each year one of MSMoney's best benefitsDet...
  3. Need to replace my old MSMoney operating system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to replace my old MSMoney operating system: I recently had to upgrade my computer and my old MSMoney operating system did not survive. The files did. What software is able to integrate the old files into a new operation system, without costing a lot of money, each year one of MSMoney's best benefitsDet...
  4. Resetting an old Surface

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting an old Surface: I pulled out an old Surface from a drawer to try and reset it to put educational games on it for my grandkids. In resetting, it asks for a key and has a key ID associated with it. Now here's the kicker: When I purchased it and began using it, I used my work Microsoft account...
  5. windows 10 and old systems

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 and old systems: I am running windows 10 on an old core2duo hp desktop system and I gave the machine an SSD to boot from. but I also gave it a 4 TB harddrive. The drive was from another system (I have many many systems) and was already formatted and windows 10 lists it as a 4 TB drive. But...
  6. old computer reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    old computer reset: My old laptop was running Windows Vista when I bought it, and now it's running Windows 10. If I do a reset before giving it to another person, will it go back to Windows Vista? Will it still have Windows 10? Will it still work?...
  7. Old School Laptop - Need help to factory reset.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old School Laptop - Need help to factory reset.: So I've got an old school laptop and I'm trying to figure out how to factory reset it. It's still connected to the schools domain and I can't factory reset from settings without admin password and username, which I can't get (whatsoever). How do I factory reset this...
  8. Windows System Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows System Reset: My device originally came with Windows 10. It was upgraded to Windows 10 pro. If I do a system reset, which version will it reset it to? [Original Title: System Restore]...
  9. Needing permission from SYSTEM to delete windows old.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Needing permission from SYSTEM to delete windows old.: Hi folks, I want to delete the windows old folder in windows 10 as its hogging up quite a bit of space, only upgraded windows 8 to 10 a few days ago. However it wont let me, I have tried disk cleanup and tried to delete the windows old folder, but it tells me I don't...
  10. Is the "Windows Old" folder needed?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is the "Windows Old" folder needed?: I know this has probably been asked many times, but I can't find the thread? In the C:/ drive there is a folder named "Windows Old", is this folder needed, or can it be safely deleted? The reason I ask is because when I run a virus chexk, it takes almost twice as long as...