Windows 10: is /windows/Temp folder supposed to be inaccessible?

Discus and support is /windows/Temp folder supposed to be inaccessible? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I press on it in windows explorer and just nothing happens. Is this supposed behaviour, or malware?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NKSHV, Dec 16, 2020.

1. NKSHV Win User

is /windows/Temp folder supposed to be inaccessible?

I press on it in windows explorer and just nothing happens. Is this supposed behaviour, or malware?

:)

NKSHV, Dec 16, 2020
  2. Vicky Acs Win User

about temp folder

Hi Hector,

The temp folder provides work space for programs. Yes they can be deleted. We suggest that you follow the steps provided by Sangeeta Sarkar on how to delete Temp files on this

link
    . You may also type in the search box Disk Cleanup and hit enter. It will evaluate your disk and give you a list of folders sizes that can be deleted.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Dec 16, 2020
  3. OneDrive Temp Folder

Hi,

Thank you contacting Microsoft Community.

• What is the size of both OneDrive and OneDrive Temp folder?
    • Is all files syncing to OneDrive Temp folder or any specific files/folders?
    Get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Sudheendra S, Dec 16, 2020
  4. iDym Win User

What is supposed to be in 'Users' folder?

Thanks for the reply,

I know of the temp folder in C:\Windows, but this two TEMP folders are in the "Users" folder. Can I delete them? I don't think they're supposed to be there and I have no idea what created temp folders in the 'users' folder since I have only one profile and
    never tried to create another one.

Thema:

1. is /windows/Temp folder supposed to be inaccessible? - Similar Threads - Temp folder supposed

2. 0x80070660 the Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. free up space on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80070660 the Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. free up space on...: I just got a new pc and when I went to download Microsoft net I received this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x80070660-the-temp-folder-is-on-a-drive-that-is/ddf031ab-b77f-435e-b4d6-611743c5a72c
  3. 0x80070660 the Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. free up space on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x80070660 the Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. free up space on...: I just got a new pc and when I went to download Microsoft net I received this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x80070660-the-temp-folder-is-on-a-drive-that-is/ddf031ab-b77f-435e-b4d6-611743c5a72c
  4. Error Code 0x80070660 - The Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. Free...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code 0x80070660 - The Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. Free...: Hi, my name is Thomas and I am having an issue installing Microsoft .NET framework 6.0 or later on my PC. I am trying to play a game on steam and it requires .NET Desktop Runtime, Architecture: x64, App host version: 6.0.18. This is a brand new PC my specs are below. I am...
  5. Error Code 0x80070660 - The Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. Free...

Error Code 0x80070660 - The Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. Free...: Hi, my name is Thomas and I am having an issue installing Microsoft .NET framework 6.0 or later on my PC. I am trying to play a game on steam and it requires .NET Desktop Runtime, Architecture: x64, App host version: 6.0.18. This is a brand new PC my specs are below. I am...
  6. Inaccessible folder in C:\Windows\Temp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Inaccessible folder in C:\Windows\Temp: There's a folder in C:\Windows\Temp named {B7E977B5-9799-4D8C-AEB6-4694B3C310A9} that is accessible. i like to keep temp folders clear to free up valuable, limited space on my lap top. When attempting to access this folder i get: "You don't currently have permission to...
  7. Temp Folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temp Folder: Is the temp folder self maintaining? If not, what's the best way of maintaining the temp folder without using third party software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-folder/458901a9-3c14-4ea7-822c-b28637611e33
  8. Temp Folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Temp Folder: I am logged in as administrator but in Users there is only a TEMP folder. All of my data is saved in that Temp folder. Where can I find my administrator folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-folder/fc67fab3-5b30-42c3-a957-2f3c7543c949
  9. %temp% folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    %temp% folder: Can anyone help me? I'm having trouble with the %temp%, whenever I open temp folder through Win+r then typing %temp% it does not direct me to the temp folder. It open a file, and my computer always ask How do you want to open this file? Please help me to fix this problem. All...
  10. Temp folder %temp %

Temp folder %temp %: Hello I recently installed 2 updates from NVIDEA. I have run disc clean up and Ccleaner>Windows but this attachment says it all. I could use 'Unlocker' but do not want to do damage if the file should not be removed. Do you have any suggestions? TY Peter 43679