Windows 10: Is Windows to go a good replacement for installing Windows on a HDD?

Discus and support Is Windows to go a good replacement for installing Windows on a HDD? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to wipe my hard drive and install another OS, but there are still some programs that only work on Windows. I found out about Windows to go and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dule74, May 26, 2021.

1. Dule74 Win User

Is Windows to go a good replacement for installing Windows on a HDD?

I want to wipe my hard drive and install another OS, but there are still some programs that only work on Windows. I found out about Windows to go and I was wondering if it could be good for basic tasks and some small games.

:)

Dule74, May 26, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 26, 2021
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, May 26, 2021
  4. Nailezs Win User

windows installation wont sense my hdd

hi guys, im at my wits end on this problem
    i'm trying to install windows vista 64-bit on a wd2500aaks. i have installed windows on the hdd several times in the past. for some reason, the installation process will no longer sense this hdd. currently i have windows installed on my 2tb hdd, and want to make a back-up install on this 2500aaks(this drive used to be my main drive). both hdds use the same driver so im at a loss as to why the installation process will not see it. i've tried installing from inside windows as well as from boot up. my current windows installation sees the drive just fine. i have tried putting the sata drivers on a cd, but the installation process just says that the drivers dont apply to any installed hardware. i have also tried letting windows get updates from online during the install process, to no avail. i've reset the cmos, undone my oc, tried installing with onlyl 2gb of ram, swapped cables, swapped ports on the mb, all to no avail.

any suggestions?

EDIT: the current windows installation see's and uses this drive just fine.
    i have tried deleting the partition and reformatting
    i have tried un-plugging my current main drive.

Nailezs, May 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Is Windows to go a good replacement for installing Windows on a HDD? - Similar Threads - replacement installing HDD

2. How to replace internal HDD? How to Install Windows to a new external HDD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to replace internal HDD? How to Install Windows to a new external HDD?: Hello guys!I have to replace my HDD as is faulty. How do I do this?How do I install Windows to the new HDD using my same laptop? Before I open it and physically replace it??Full picture:I've got a laptop with a faulty HDD that is going out.I'm buying a new HDDWhen I get the...
  3. How to replace internal HDD? How to Install Windows to a new external HDD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to replace internal HDD? How to Install Windows to a new external HDD?: Hello guys!I have to replace my HDD as is faulty. How do I do this?How do I install Windows to the new HDD using my same laptop? Before I open it and physically replace it??Full picture:I've got a laptop with a faulty HDD that is going out.I'm buying a new HDDWhen I get the...
  4. Replacing HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replacing HDD: I have a HP s5-1114 with Windows 10 Home that was upgraded from Windows 8.1 via the free upgrade. It is attached to my account. My HDD has died and I've ordered a new one. How do I get my SW key to reinstall the OS? I recall seeing it was digitally saved to my account, but...
  5. Replacing HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replacing HDD: I have a HP s5-1114 with Windows 10 Home that was upgraded from Windows 8.1 via the free upgrade. It is attached to my account. My HDD has died and I've ordered a new one. How do I get my SW key to reinstall the OS? I recall seeing it was digitally saved to my account, but...
  6. Replacing HDD

7. Is Windows to go a good replacement for installing Windows on a HDD?

Is Windows to go a good replacement for installing Windows on a HDD?: I want to wipe my hard drive and install another OS, but there are still some programs that only work on Windows. I found out about Windows to go and I was wondering if it could be good for basic tasks and some small games. 180018
  8. replaced HDD: Windows activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    replaced HDD: Windows activation: My HDD has died and I am going to install SSD. Can I install Windows 10 on the SSD and activate it? I purchased this PC with pre-installed Windows 10 a while ago....
  9. Clean install for Windows 10 after HDD replacement

Clean install for Windows 10 after HDD replacement: I have installed new Seagate HDD same as the old one. I have used the Media Creation Tool to create installation media on a USB drive. I followed the HP instructions for installing the Window 10 software on the new HDD. When the Let's connect you to a network screen...
  10. Installing Windows on a new SSD - then replacing back to the HDD

Installing Windows on a new SSD - then replacing back to the HDD: If I only want to test the speeds of the new SSD on a specific machine, but then return the old hard drive, will it be ok if I took out the hdd with the current Win10 installation, then install Win10 on the new SSD, test stuff etc, and then return back the hdd? Or it may...