Windows 10: Is WMP Dead? Cannot Find Album Info

Discus and support Is WMP Dead? Cannot Find Album Info in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been ripping my CDs for years. Everything was fine, until I came across one CD where I noticed that Windows Media Player hadn't identified... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JOSHSKORN, Oct 23, 2020.

1. JOSHSKORN Win User

Is WMP Dead? Cannot Find Album Info

I've been ripping my CDs for years. Everything was fine, until I came across one CD where I noticed that Windows Media Player hadn't identified correctly. I'd attempted to right-click on it and select Find Album Info. Normally, this brings up a wizard (if I recall correctly) and allows you to search for what you're looking for. Unfortunately when trying to access it, this is what I get:

Is WMP Dead? Cannot Find Album Info [​IMG]

Things I've tried:
    • Deleting the contents of this registry key: PREFERREDMETADATAPROVIDER
    • Adding 2.18.213.82 redir.metaservices.microsoft.com to the hosts file
    • Removing the contents of a folder (I forgot which one and I can't seem to find the pages now)
    Nothing has worked. I need a ripping app that'll do WAV at max settings and give me album info. If there are other reliable alternatives out there, please let me know.

Any suggestions on how to fix WMP or what app I can use in place of it to rip and provide me with proper CD info?

:)

JOSHSKORN, Oct 23, 2020
  2. Cliff S Win User

WMP - Can't Find Album Info

You can now edit the tags manually with Groove.
    I use MediaMonkey as my main player. It also has an auto tag from web option that shows you different results, and let's you decide what to change, including lyrics!
    Kudos to @Barman58 for recommending it to me.

Cliff S, Oct 23, 2020
  3. JOSHSKORN Win User
    WMP - Can't Find Album Info

I rip all of my CDs to my computer. When ripping one in particular, I could not find the album info. I noticed that WMP arbitrarily ripped it as the artist's previous CD and I manually changed the information. First of all, it had partially saved under the name of the previous album disc #2, and then partially under the correct name, yet omitting a few tracks, although they appeared to be ripped. I don't know where they were saved. How can I correctly get the tracks saved in the correct file? Just copy/paste from Audio CD to computer? I think that might paste them in a different format, then.

I should note that this CD is a special CD that's only available at shows. It's by Black Sabbath, titled "The End".

JOSHSKORN, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Is WMP Dead? Cannot Find Album Info

WMP Album lnfo

When I load an original CD into my CD rom and try to
    RIP it with Windows Media Player, I do NOT get any Song Titles, Artists or Album info.... Windows Media Player is NOT displaying song Information from the CD. Even if l right-click one
    of the CD 's tracks, select Find Album Info, and search for the correct
    album. WMP is not able to find the info... HELP!!!

Archibald .S. Mzite, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Is WMP Dead? Cannot Find Album Info

1. Is WMP Dead? Cannot Find Album Info - Similar Threads - WMP Dead Cannot

2. Media player cannot find album info with Commercial CD's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media player cannot find album info with Commercial CD's: So just yesterday I borrowed Simon & Garfunkel's entire Discography from my local library and- what Ive found is my windows media player does not retrieve any album info or its album cover for that matter.Thus far ive tried Deleting its cache, reinstalling the media player,...
  3. Media player cannot find album info with Commercial CD's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media player cannot find album info with Commercial CD's: So just yesterday I borrowed Simon & Garfunkel's entire Discography from my local library and- what Ive found is my windows media player does not retrieve any album info or its album cover for that matter.Thus far ive tried Deleting its cache, reinstalling the media player,...
  4. music; I cant find album info

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    music; I cant find album info: whenever I try to find album info it doesn't let https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music-i-cant-find-album-info/b720d92b-374e-4856-a8d9-12dcaeba65c8
  5. WMP Album lnfo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WMP Album lnfo: When I load an original CD into my CD rom and try to RIP it with Windows Media Player, I do NOT get any Song Titles, Artists or Album info.... Windows Media Player is NOT displaying song Information from the CD. Even if l right-click one of the CD 's tracks, select Find Album...
  6. WMP not showing album pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WMP not showing album pictures: Earlier today i burned a cd with wmp and it went fine, then i put all that music on to a flash drive which removed it from wmp. But when i went to add more music to wmp, the new music's album covers wouldn't show up and all of the songs were. It clumped into tame album so i...
  7. windows media player "find album info"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows media player "find album info": i have Windows10, media player, i want to rip cd and convert to mp3. However, i can't get album info when i click on "find album info" how do i rectify this? It was working until a couple months ago....
  8. WMP Find album info not working

WMP Find album info not working: I don't remember the last time i used Windows Media Player, but it was working well the last time. Today i tried to use the the "Find album info" so i could rip some cd's to mp3 with info like track names, but the screen just stays white, no error. The url that it have is...
  9. Media Player - 'find album info' not working

Media Player - 'find album info' not working: Hello This past month, Media Player has ceased being able to locate album information for audio CDs. It used to work, but now it doesn't. When I request that it finds album info, the Internet Explorer 'website cannot be found' error is displayed. The CDs I am using are...
  10. WMP - Can't Find Album Info

WMP - Can't Find Album Info: I rip all of my CDs to my computer. When ripping one in particular, I could not find the album info. I noticed that WMP arbitrarily ripped it as the artist's previous CD and I manually changed the information. First of all, it had partially saved under the name of the...