Windows 10: Is WordPad a text editor?

Discus and support Is WordPad a text editor? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have come across a contradiction that both notepad and WordPad are text editors. Is this true?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by P.S.Advaittej, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Is WordPad a text editor?

I have come across a contradiction that both notepad and WordPad are text editors. Is this true?

:)

P.S.Advaittej, Oct 13, 2020
  2. ct5098 Win User

Text Editor on Webpage

I'm creating a website that requires an advanced text editor, similar to the word processor in Google docs. I'm planning on creating the editor from scratch, but I'm not sure what language to use. I was thinking of using a Java applet, but I'm open to other suggestions. Some of the features that are required are highlighting and drawing (such as Microsoft Paint). Any suggestions would be helpful.

ct5098, Oct 13, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    built in text editor windows 10

Hi Gary

Windows has two built in Text editors, Notepad and Wordpad

Notepad is very basic and Wordpad has more features and is like a cut down version of Word and has a blue background

Click your Start Button, then just type notepad or wordpad

You can open either form the resulting list, or to make them more accessible, right click the application in that resulting list and choose Pin to Start

That will put a new tile on the Start Menu for that application

DaveM121, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Is WordPad a text editor?

Saving a TXT file with WordPad editor

Since saving the file in text format involves the loss of some information, Wordpad must warn you explicitly. If you do not wish to be warned then you should use a text editor, e.g. notepad.exe.

Frederik Long, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Is WordPad a text editor?

1. Is WordPad a text editor? - Similar Threads - WordPad text editor

2. "Zalgo" text in group policy editor

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Zalgo" text in group policy editor: Hello I am currently setting up my new computer, and found very weird mangled text in the Group Policy Editor. It is still readable, but it definitively looks like it shouldn't be there. The only affected section is "Windows Security" in Local Computer Policy > Computer...
  3. My text editors are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My text editors are not working: Hi all, I have noticed that only my text editors are failing to load but also when trying to access the task manager I can't see any of the messages or prompts. The windows open but the content never loads. All the click options are still available but without a message...
  4. My text editors won't load

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My text editors won't load: Hello all, I have been trying to load docs on my Micorsoft Word and Notepad ++ text editors and neither are loading. There is also an issue when loading my task manager. I press ctrl + alt + del and it takes forever to load and once loaded the gui doesn't display...
  5. Looking for a lightweight text editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for a lightweight text editor: I'm looking for a very basic, lightweight text editor that has the following features: 1. dekstop, not cloud based 2. can bold text 3. does automatic backups before the file is saved (Sort of like Word does - even if the file is not saved, it creates a backup of it...
  6. text of microsoft video editor

text of microsoft video editor: how do i get the text to stay longer on the microsoft video editor? it is disappearing too fast for the content to be read. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-of-microsoft-video-editor/2d3f9e9e-3ac3-453a-8ce9-dafcc70d69f7
  7. WordPad not showing text or opens with weird symbols

in Windows 10 News
    WordPad not showing text or opens with weird symbols: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you open a document in WordPad in Windows 10 and see a set of weird symbols aka garbage text, then it’s probably because of the corrupted WordPad settings. In this post, we will show you can fix WordPad when [...] This post WordPad not showing text or...
  8. Problem with text in Video Editor

Problem with text in Video Editor: I put together a multi photo presentation using Video Editor. Yesterday morning it was fine. I then did a few final edits to text on a few photos and saved the file. When I looked at it yesterday afternoon before sending, the text on each slide that has it now appears in a...
  9. CD ripper with text editor wanted

CD ripper with text editor wanted: This may not be Windows specific, however I'm hoping someone might be able to help anyway. I'm looking for a CD ripping program that provides a way to edit the song titles for such things as having every word in the title begin with a capital letter. I have many CDs...
  10. Cascading menu for text editors

in Windows 10 Support
    Cascading menu for text editors: I was wondering if it's possible to make a cascading menu for the different editors. They like to add their entries to the 'main' section of the context menu, which can get crowded. 58913