Windows 10: is workgroup share encrypted?

Discus and support is workgroup share encrypted? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hi, i just wondered, when i have a workgroup share and insert the local machine user and password to access the shared folder is the username and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by liran.puterman, Oct 13, 2021.

1. is workgroup share encrypted?

hi, i just wondered, when i have a workgroup share and insert the local machine user and password to access the shared folder is the username and password encrypted?or plain text?10x

:)

liran.puterman, Oct 13, 2021
  2. oemSoft Win User

Which workgroup is similar to HomeUsers?

For window 7, HomeUsers workgroup is available for selection, but HomeUsers is not available for window 10.

I would like to know on which workgroup is similar to HomeUsers as shown below

Window 10 only offer following workgroup selection.

• Administrators
    • Device owners
    • Distributed COM Users
    • Event Log Readers
    • Guests
    • Hyper-V Administrators
    • IIS_USRS
    • Performance Log Users
    • Performance Monitor users
    • Remote Management Users
    • System Managed Accounts group
    • Users

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

oemSoft, Oct 13, 2021
  3. oemSoft Win User
    Which workgroup is similar to HomeUsers?

Win+R type control userpasswords2, when you create new user accounts, you can assign workgroup as shown below:

Window 10 only offer following workgroup selection.

• Administrators
    • Device owners
    • Distributed COM Users
    • Event Log Readers
    • Guests
    • Hyper-V Administrators
    • IIS_USRS
    • Performance Log Users
    • Performance Monitor users
    • Remote Management Users
    • System Managed Accounts group
    • Users

Do you have any suggestions on which workgroup is similar to HomeUsers as shown above?

Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)

oemSoft, Oct 13, 2021
  4. Rey Bel1 Win User

is workgroup share encrypted?

Windows 10 File Sharing on Workgroup Network

To assist you better, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages while trying to set up the workgroup?
    • Is this the first time you're having issues with setting up the workgroup?
    • Could you describe to us what happens when your trying to set up the workgroup?

We look forward to your response.

Rey Bel1, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

is workgroup share encrypted?

1. is workgroup share encrypted? - Similar Threads - workgroup share encrypted

2. is workgroup share encrypted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is workgroup share encrypted?: hi, i just wondered, when i have a workgroup share and insert the local machine user and password to access the shared folder is the username and password encrypted?or plain text?10x...
  3. is workgroup share encrypted?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is workgroup share encrypted?: hi, i just wondered, when i have a workgroup share and insert the local machine user and password to access the shared folder is the username and password encrypted?or plain text?10x...
  4. Sharing on a Windows 10 Pro workgroup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing on a Windows 10 Pro workgroup: I setup a share on a Windows 10 pro computer so that others can map to it via \\hostname\share. The issue is that when I try mapping to it from another computer on the workgroup it prompts for creds. When I enter the creds of the local admin user and click save credentials is...
  5. Workgroup computers not showing/sharing properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Workgroup computers not showing/sharing properly: Hi. I have 2 computers in my home, one family computer and one personal. I was running Windows 7 on my personal machine and Windows 10 on the family with no problems with workgroup or sharing. I recently upgraded my personal computer to Windows 10 and now I cannot get the...
  6. Viewing Shared and Un-Shared Folders Accross a Workgroup

Viewing Shared and Un-Shared Folders Accross a Workgroup: I have two computers running Windows 10 Pro, version 18363, they are on a peer-to-peer network. For Both Computers A and B, In the network sharing options for private networks, I have tuned on file and print sharing and turned on Network discovery, and automatic set up of...
  7. Win 10 sharing with no "workgroup"

Win 10 sharing with no "workgroup": Hello, have two machines, running Win 10 Home, both I think are called 32 bit. One machine I use for myself, writing, personally created music, financial etc, the other is used by us both for e-mails, and other information. I had a kind of partial sharing between machines...
  8. Question on Security for Nearby Sharing and Workgroups

Question on Security for Nearby Sharing and Workgroups: I am trying Nearby Sharing and I used the setting of sharing and receiving form my devices only. How does Windows 10 know which devices are mine? I have two laptops with the same Microsoft Account and password. Does that set them apart sufficiently so that other devices...
  9. Network/Workgroup Sharing

Network/Workgroup Sharing: Sirs: I have two computers set up to use the same Workgroup. When I try to connect from one computer to the other. I get a message "You do not have permission to access (the shared directory)" on the other computer. I enabled all sharing and permissions that I can find...
  10. Cannot browse WORKGROUP shares

Cannot browse WORKGROUP shares: I have a relatively simple network that consists of a couple Windows 10 PCs, Android devices and Raspberry Pis. For some reason I cannot access the shares provided by the PIs from anything but the android devices. It says they are in WORKGROUP (using Kodi) but they simply...