Windows 10: Is your hidden administrator account inactive?

Discus and support Is your hidden administrator account inactive? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have been using the hidden administrator account for almost like 10 years. Is it really not recommend for daily use? I am puzzled with this kind of... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Muz, Apr 29, 2019.

1. MUZ
    Muz Win User

Is your hidden administrator account inactive?

I have been using the hidden administrator account for almost like 10 years. Is it really not recommend for daily use? I am puzzled with this kind of account. I see all my friends computer, and their computers don't have the hidden administrator active and disabled. I see the computers lab, the hidden administrator is inactive.

:)

2. 'Hidden Administrator' account asking for password.

We would like to clarify how did you enable the Hidden Administrator account. We suggest using the
    Local Security Policy to enable to hidden administrator in Windows 10. Kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
    • Type secpol.msc, and click on OK.
    • In the left pane, click on the Local Policies folder to expand it, and click on the
      Security Options folder.
    • In the right pane of Security Options, double click on
      Accounts: Administrator account status.
    • Select Enabled, and click on OK.
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Forget hidden Administrator Account Password-Windows 10

Hi,

We would like to know more information regarding the issue that you are experiencing with the hidden administrator account. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Why did you access the hidden administrator account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Why did you create a password for it?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Is your hidden administrator account inactive?

Forget hidden Administrator Account Password-Windows 10

Thank you for providing the details. You can change the password of the hidden admin account by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key and type "cmd".
    • Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command: net user "UserName" "NewPassword".

Type "administrator" in the "Username" and type the password that you want in the
      "NewPassword".
    • Retype the password that you've created and close the Command Prompt.
    These steps are intended for local accounts. And since the hidden admin account is considered a local account, you can apply these steps.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Dennis Mop, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Is your hidden administrator account inactive?

1. Is your hidden administrator account inactive? - Similar Threads - hidden administrator account

2. MoneyPoint: inactive accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    MoneyPoint: inactive accounts: I use MoneyPoint on my Windows 10 PC. I wonder if I could hide inactive accounts that are greyed out. I don’t want to see them listed at all. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moneypoint-inactive-accounts/4da95e17-f0a3-4f34-bc9e-b48b13afe996
  3. HIDDEN USER ADMINISTRATOR

in Windows 10 Customization
    HIDDEN USER ADMINISTRATOR: How to activate HIDDEN USER ADMINISTRATOR IN WINDOWS 10. why it is said can be activated but we should not do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-user-administrator/6bb7cf15-14ff-4605-9388-536fc66e8581
  4. Should i enable the hidden administrator account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Should i enable the hidden administrator account?: Should i enable the hidden administrator account? Could someone clarify what the advantage is? 125074
  5. Locked and hidden administrator.

Locked and hidden administrator.: Recently I had to make a change in my computer that required the Elevated Administrator account to be used. I finally figured out how to open that account, did my thing, shut down the Elevated Administrator account, and returned to my standard account. Then I discovered that...
  6. Hidden Administrator account, no backup admin

Hidden Administrator account, no backup admin: I foolishly hid my only administrator account using the registry editor and I can't do anything with the secondary account that I have on the computer. I went to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Created a new key...
  7. Is it wise to use the preset hidden administrator account?

Is it wise to use the preset hidden administrator account?: I was wondering if I could use the premade admin account for my everyday one but I am not sure if it's safe to, or if not how could I make another user the overall admin? Danke 38348
  8. Hidden Administrator works but Admin account with UAC removed doesn't

Hidden Administrator works but Admin account with UAC removed doesn't: OK, please bear with me: I'm not a newbie and not ignorant of basic Windows parameters but neither do I consider myself an expert - hence seeking your generous help! I am running as TESTADMIN, an account which is a member of the Administrators group on a Windows 10 x64 Nov...
  9. How to remove Microsoft Account from the Hidden Administrator

How to remove Microsoft Account from the Hidden Administrator: I Accidentally convert the Hidden Administrator to a Microsoft Account, Need help to remove Microsoft Account on hidden admin. I use CMD elevated > net user administrator /active:yes On hidden Admin account you cannot switch to a Microsoft Account by going to...
  10. What about upgrading from hidden Administrator account?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What about upgrading from hidden Administrator account?: I have not seen anyone suggest this so I'll give it a go. If you're having problems upgrading, try enabling the hidden Administrator account, sign out of your normal account, sign in as Administrator then try the upgrade. Open a Elevated Command Prompt. Type net user...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my administrator account is inactive