Windows 10: Is your hidden administrator account inactive?

Discus and support Is your hidden administrator account inactive? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have been using the hidden administrator account for almost like 10 years. Is it really not recommend for daily use? I am puzzled with this kind of... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Muz, Apr 29, 2019.

1. MUZ
    Muz Win User

Is your hidden administrator account inactive?

I have been using the hidden administrator account for almost like 10 years. Is it really not recommend for daily use? I am puzzled with this kind of account. I see all my friends computer, and their computers don't have the hidden administrator active and disabled. I see the computers lab, the hidden administrator is inactive.

:)

2. 'Hidden Administrator' account asking for password.

We would like to clarify how did you enable the Hidden Administrator account. We suggest using the
    Local Security Policy to enable to hidden administrator in Windows 10. Kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
    • Type secpol.msc, and click on OK.
    • In the left pane, click on the Local Policies folder to expand it, and click on the
      Security Options folder.
    • In the right pane of Security Options, double click on
      Accounts: Administrator account status.
    • Select Enabled, and click on OK.
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Forget hidden Administrator Account Password-Windows 10

Hi,

We would like to know more information regarding the issue that you are experiencing with the hidden administrator account. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Why did you access the hidden administrator account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Why did you create a password for it?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Is your hidden administrator account inactive?

Forget hidden Administrator Account Password-Windows 10

Thank you for providing the details. You can change the password of the hidden admin account by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key and type "cmd".
    • Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command: net user "UserName" "NewPassword".

Type "administrator" in the "Username" and type the password that you want in the
      "NewPassword".
    • Retype the password that you've created and close the Command Prompt.
    These steps are intended for local accounts. And since the hidden admin account is considered a local account, you can apply these steps.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Dennis Mop, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Is your hidden administrator account inactive?

1. Is your hidden administrator account inactive? - Similar Threads - hidden administrator account

2. REMOVE hidden "Administrator Account"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REMOVE hidden "Administrator Account": I am getting decidedly tired of the repeated messages in Windows 10 on my overpriced Microsoft-based Alienware computer telling me that I do not have administrator privileges and therefore my actions are blocked. I am the ONLY account on my PC besides the damned hidden admin...
  3. REMOVE hidden "Administrator Account"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    REMOVE hidden "Administrator Account": I am getting decidedly tired of the repeated messages in Windows 10 on my overpriced Microsoft-based Alienware computer telling me that I do not have administrator privileges and therefore my actions are blocked. I am the ONLY account on my PC besides the damned hidden admin...
  4. REMOVE hidden "Administrator Account"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Completely reset hidden Administrator account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Completely reset hidden Administrator account?: Hi, not sure if anyone can help - this is more of an OCD type request. I recently needed to activate the hidden Administrator account and on first run it asked me to set a password and then ran the OOBE. I found a page on EightForums where Brink explained how to reset the...
  6. Completely reset hidden Administrator account?

in Windows 10 Support
    Completely reset hidden Administrator account?: Hi, not sure if anyone can help - this is more of an OCD type request. I recently needed to activate the hidden Administrator account and on first run it asked me to set a password and then ran the OOBE. I found a page on EightForums where Brink explained how to reset the...
  7. Are the Inactive Fonts the Hidden Fonts?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Are the Inactive Fonts the Hidden Fonts?: If so, can I make all of my fonts hidden, so that I will not damage my system? I am just being specific. 152611
  8. Should i enable the hidden administrator account?

Should i enable the hidden administrator account?: Should i enable the hidden administrator account? Could someone clarify what the advantage is? 125074
  9. Hidden Administrator account, no backup admin

Hidden Administrator account, no backup admin: I foolishly hid my only administrator account using the registry editor and I can't do anything with the secondary account that I have on the computer. I went to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Created a new key...
  10. Is it wise to use the preset hidden administrator account?

Is it wise to use the preset hidden administrator account?: I was wondering if I could use the premade admin account for my everyday one but I am not sure if it's safe to, or if not how could I make another user the overall admin? Danke 38348

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Check for inactive Administrator Accounts

2. inactive hidden administrator user windows 10

3. my administrator account is inactive