Windows 10: Is your PC Virtual Reality Ready?

Discus and support Is your PC Virtual Reality Ready? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The SteamVR Performance Test measures your system's rendering power using a 2-minute sequence from Valves Aperture Robot Repair VR demo. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Is your PC Virtual Reality Ready?

Test: SteamVR Performance Test on Steam

:)

Brink, Feb 22, 2016

2. Lenovo explorer WMR black screen

Hi,

Windows Mixed Reality is now available in Windows 10, it combines the thrill of virtual reality mixed with augmented reality in gaming, travel & streaming. To troubleshoot your issue, we recommend running the

Windows Mixed Reality PC Check
    . This app is the best way to make sure your PC is ready to run Windows Mixed Reality.

Also, you can check the following links:

Windows Mixed Reality Setup FAQ

Minimum PC hardware guidelines

Update us on the result.

Marvelos Reg, Feb 22, 2016
  3. MixedReality headset not working without screen ?

Hi,

Mixed Reality is a combination of augmented reality and traditional Virtual Reality. The former technology overlays interactive virtual objects into the real world while the latter puts the user in this newly created place. With this, we
    suggest that you check this article to know your computer's compatibility in
    Windows Mixed Reality. You may see which drop down menu/s is applicable to what you encounter on your end.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

PreciousLeb, Feb 22, 2016
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

This type of application - especially if you don't want it the size and weight of a Steamroller and need something like the Niagra Falls to cool it - and to be portable as well will need hardware that probably hasn't even been invented yet --I think it's a great idea - just not currently feasible in any decent format at the moment.

Current VR stuff looks like it's geared to a non shared experience and not very portable. However that will I'm sure improve with future hardware.

Probably a better option would be to present Holographic images first -- also an inordinate amount of CPU processing required - but much more do-able --and also can be a SHARED experience too.

Awaiting the outcome of these developments with interest.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 23, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    I'll pass, requires you to install Steam which I don't want.

Ztruker, Feb 24, 2016
  6. Dude Win User
    Looks like I am virtually ready *Cool

Is your PC Virtual Reality Ready? [​IMG]

7. badrobot Win User

badrobot, Feb 26, 2016
  8. Is your PC Virtual Reality Ready?

I knew workstation cards are not good for gaming, but are they really that bad?

z31fanatic, Feb 26, 2016
  9. kbronski Win User
    Don't want to wait for the download, but with an i7-5820k and a GTX 970, I'll assume based on other people's setups that I'm also VR-ready.

kbronski, Feb 26, 2016
  10. Is Virtual Reality where the scene is playing in the middle of the room in 3D, and you can walk around and watch it from all sides? If so, I've been looking forward to this more than I was for voice search and dictation on my phone. I'll go out a buy a new V.R. ready P.C.!

AllenChicago, Feb 26, 2016
  11. CountMike New Member
    Don't know about my PC but my wallet is not even close to ready.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is your PC Virtual Reality Ready? - Similar Threads - Virtual Reality Ready

2. Bluescreen error when using Virtual Reality headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen error when using Virtual Reality headset.: I received a new pre-built PC today and have been having issues with blue screens while using SteamVR. After booting up my virtual reality headset, I'm able to use it for anywhere from 1~5 minutes before it blue screens and crashes the PC. The event viewer has WHEA errors 18...
  3. Bluescreen error when using Virtual Reality headset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen error when using Virtual Reality headset.: I received a new pre-built PC today and have been having issues with blue screens while using SteamVR. After booting up my virtual reality headset, I'm able to use it for anywhere from 1~5 minutes before it blue screens and crashes the PC. The event viewer has WHEA errors 18...
  4. Upgrade to Windows 11 is ready for your PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Windows 11 is ready for your PC: Hello,There is a notification on my task bar that says, "Upgrade to Windows 11 is ready for your PC" near my clock and the date. It has a blue circle on what is probably an upgrade symbol. I do not want it to automatically upgrade without my permission. This happened to me...
  5. Upgrade to Windows 11 is ready for your PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade to Windows 11 is ready for your PC: Hello,There is a notification on my task bar that says, "Upgrade to Windows 11 is ready for your PC" near my clock and the date. It has a blue circle on what is probably an upgrade symbol. I do not want it to automatically upgrade without my permission. This happened to me...
  6. Virtual Disk Drive Not Ready

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Virtual Disk Drive Not Ready: Hello, I recently bought a 870 EVO 500gb SSD and a sata adapter cable. However, when i plugged the ssd into my laptop externally, i keep getting an error message that my device is not ready in disk management. How do i fix that? I read online and tried all the methods,...
  7. Virtual Reality Upgrade

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Virtual Reality Upgrade: Good morning. I installed the Virtual Reality update for MS2020 yesterday and would like to report the following observations while using an Oculus Rift headset. 1. There is a headset shaped black coloured frame in view in the headset and on the monitor. This is by far my...
  8. Virtual Primal Scream in Total Reality!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual Primal Scream in Total Reality!: I'm a senior citizen. I've worked with Microsoft through the days of 286, 386, 486 that used boxes of disks that took forever and a day to manually load the programs onto the PC. I've loaded MS-DOS successfully. I've learned how to manually construct pages using HTML 4....
  9. virtual reality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    virtual reality: Can I use my PS4 vr headset on my hp pavillion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-reality/b2d206b5-61a6-4584-b295-4928bf584bbd
  10. Virtual Reality Headset ..... worth it ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Reality Headset ..... worth it ?: For a good, no BS VR, it can be quite expensive. The one I have in mind is ……..Oculus Go Standalone Virtual Reality Headset – 64GB And that is the cheapest one, around $300 CDN. MY question is : Is it worth it ? Yes, I have "playing games" in mind. I bet the pure gamers...