Windows 10: Is your 'Right Click' menu slow/unresponsive?

Discus and support Is your 'Right Click' menu slow/unresponsive? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows [img] If you have installed Windows 10 on an older computer you may have some issues with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by teachermark, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Is your 'Right Click' menu slow/unresponsive?

ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows

Is your 'Right Click' menu slow/unresponsive? [​IMG]

If you have installed Windows 10 on an older computer you may have some issues with the 'Right Click' context menu.

I was trying to right click videos and images, and it was a hit and miss affair.
    Sometimes images would take a few seconds to load the 'Right Click' menu and with videos, it wasn't working at all.

The bigger the menu, the slower it will react - especially on older/slower computers.

Don't worry - Help is at hand. *Smile

The free program (link at the top and bottom of this post) can help fix this problem.
    Follow the instructions on that page and download the small program.
    The download link is at the bottom of the (long) page and is easy to miss if you want the English version.

For me, I suspect it was the 'PicaView' add on from ACDSee that was adding to my right click woes.
    Anyway, I disabled some of these context menu items, rebooted and now, everything works just dandy!

Reversing the process is easy so don't worry if you have a menu item that has disappeared and you want it back later on.

I'm no expert, but this fix certainly helped me out.
    Maybe it can do the same for you.

ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows

:)

teachermark, Aug 2, 2015

2. Right click (context-menu) slow after installing Intel HD Graphics 4600 Driver

Hi Marlon,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

As you have Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview installed on the computer, I suggest you to post your questions related to Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview in the TechNet Forum.

Please post your question here: Technet forums - Windows 10 Insider Preview

Cheers.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Right click (context-menu) slow after installing Intel HD Graphics 4600 Driver

Right clicking on the desktop or in Windows Explorer is slow to show context-menu after installing Intel HD Graphics 4600 Driver from 7/8/2015 from Windows Update.

I was able to recreate the problem by uninstalling the drivers and then right click was quick. Reinstalling the drivers and right click was slow again.

I'm using:

Dell Precision M3800.

Windows 10 x64 Enterprise build 10240 (previous build with same issue 10166, 10162, 10158)

NVIDIA Graphics Driver 353.3

MarlonReid, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Is your 'Right Click' menu slow/unresponsive?

trying every thing with no success I changed my wired USB mouse to a wireless mouse and all seems well now

wolfie1951, Aug 17, 2017
Thema:

Is your 'Right Click' menu slow/unresponsive?

1. Is your 'Right Click' menu slow/unresponsive? - Similar Threads - 'Right Click' menu

2. Clicks in Bottom Right Corner Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicks in Bottom Right Corner Unresponsive: Just recently, the bottom right corner of my desktop ~4 inches wide, ~1 inch tall has become unresponsive from a mouse click. The taskbar works fine, however. When I'm out in desktop, I can't even click & drag my mouse in that section to select a group. This is actually...
  3. Clicks in Bottom Right Corner Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicks in Bottom Right Corner Unresponsive: Just recently, the bottom right corner of my desktop ~4 inches wide, ~1 inch tall has become unresponsive from a mouse click. The taskbar works fine, however. When I'm out in desktop, I can't even click & drag my mouse in that section to select a group. This is actually...
  4. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  5. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  6. right click menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    right click menu: how do i remove something off the right click menu submitted by /u/kubunio10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mopspb/right_click_menu/
  7. taskbar unresponsive, can't right click on it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    taskbar unresponsive, can't right click on it: I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed, the task bar is unresponsive when I log in and I'm unable to access settings, Please help me submitted by /u/thebodmon [link] [comments]...
  8. The right click menu is slow.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The right click menu is slow.: Hi, I have an HP laptop it's specs: Intel Core i3-8145U CPU@2.10 GHz 2.30 GHz 4.00 GB RAM 3.89 GB usable When I select a lot of files like in the prefetch folder, there is a busy cursor for quite some time and then the menu appears. Sometimes even the cursor gets stuck in...
  9. right click slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    right click slow: whenever i try to create new folder or press right click new it cause lag and delay 10 second i tried all the solution on the internet and widows repair and check updates and everything but nothing work !...
  10. right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click menu: when using the right click menu, how do i get a "confirm" option before deleting a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-menu/5122906b-d095-4233-a785-1aadb877a634"