Windows 10: Isn't it about time that Windows 10 had a proper implementation of hdr in stead of a...

Discus and support Isn't it about time that Windows 10 had a proper implementation of hdr in stead of a... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi to whom it may concern ^^ The only time HDR actually works as it should in windows 10 is when you go full screen in a HDR game, so long as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SirShizuka, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Isn't it about time that Windows 10 had a proper implementation of hdr in stead of a...

Hi to whom it may concern ^^

The only time HDR actually works as it should in windows 10 is when you go full screen in a HDR game, so long as the game has the option to activate it.

The rest of the time it's really really bad.

If there is no option in the game but you need to =>

Switch to hdr mode in the settings:

1- Mouse cursor almost disappears, replaced with a barely visible grey outline.

2-Colours of everything sdr, which is just about everything on the screen goes washed out greyish. Menus look bad, screen saver looks bad, internet browser or anything looks bad. There needs to be an automatic increase of colour saturation when viewing sdr content in hdr to make it look more normal.

3-HDR DOES NOT EVEN WORK! You have to mess around for hours to unglitch the settings menu to even unblock the HDR in youtube, then when you play the video in HDR FINNALY! IT FREEZES. NO VIDEO.

4-Other apps that needs to recognise HDR ON, SUCH AS NETFLIX, DO NOT WORK.

5-Most of the time all you get when trying to view hdr content in windows 10 is a waste of time and washed out colours.

:)

SirShizuka, Nov 8, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Nov 8, 2019
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    BossDweeb, Nov 8, 2019
  4. TimCarl Win User

Isn't it about time that Windows 10 had a proper implementation of hdr in stead of a...

Cannot Enable HDR

The HDR option does not appear in 'Display' settings.

I am using:

Intel UHD 630 Integrated Graphics

Cardas HDMI cable

LG 27UK650 Monitor

The LG monitor's HDR works with a Playstation 4 Pro and Cardas HDMI cable.

The LG monitor has no manual HDR setting. It only enters HDR mode when it receives proper signal, first.

Windows 10 only offers HDR setting when it receives proper signal from the display, first.

How can HDR be force-enabled on Windows 10?

TimCarl, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Isn't it about time that Windows 10 had a proper implementation of hdr in stead of a...

1. Isn't it about time that Windows 10 had a proper implementation of hdr in stead of a... - Similar Threads - Isn't proper implementation

2. DVD isn't properly working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD isn't properly working on Windows 10: Hi, everyone,I am having problem with my newly purchased Windows 10 installation disc. Problem is, when I inserted the disc it detected by windows after few some time. Then, it shows blank with no setup files. Please see the screenshot below and solve my problem. The DVD...
  3. DVD isn't properly working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD isn't properly working on Windows 10: Hi, everyone,I am having problem with my newly purchased Windows 10 installation disc. Problem is, when I inserted the disc it detected by windows after few some time. Then, it shows blank with no setup files. Please see the screenshot below and solve my problem. The DVD...
  4. DVD isn't properly working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. About Windows 10 time and date.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    About Windows 10 time and date.: So Ive started to experience issues after 21H1 update with time and zone not updating after reboot - Can't go back to the last windows version before 21H1 even though I updated like 6 days ago which is less than the 10 days it says.Ive checked motherboard CMOS battery for...
  6. Properly implemented Windows Security

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Properly implemented Windows Security: [ATTACH] Phew, finally got it to work properly! All the features I wished for: none! https://preview.redd.it/dhax2toba2v51.png?width=1825&format=png&auto=webp&s=6ba4de9870221db823b955c545fb420d154779bf submitted by /u/in0perable [link] [comments]...
  7. about playing hdr content

in Windows 10 Customization
    about playing hdr content: on windows hd colour setting. my display capablities is showing stream hdr videos -yes use hdr-no use wcg-no what is the difference between stream hdr and use hdr? why my display capablities is showing no sign for use hdr and use wcg...
  8. Window defender isn't working properly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Window defender isn't working properly: real-time protection is blocked by group policy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/window-defender-isnt-working-properly/0163eba5-8eff-49dd-8d63-2db8a60d604d
  9. HDR content not being displayed properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDR content not being displayed properly: Hi, My windows 10 always send fake hdr metadata 1000/20 metadata instead of the actual MaxCLL/MaxFALL and bogus 1000/0.030 instead of actual Max/Min DL which make HDR content look blindly over bright, while playing the same HDR content with My TV internal player things look...
  10. Arabic isn't displaying properly on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Arabic isn't displaying properly on windows 10: windows isn't displaying Arabic properly on windows 10 its showing as separated letters. [IMG][IMG][IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/arabic-isnt-displaying-properly-on-windows-10/f49af37a-67db-4a2a-bab1-405efa8338b8