Windows 10: Isn't too stupid to ask the same thing again and again? UAC: Do you want to allow this app...

Discus and support Isn't too stupid to ask the same thing again and again? UAC: Do you want to allow this app... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; E.g., if I open "notepad++", it promts me " Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" every time. I want it to run in "admin"mode... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Leon316, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Leon316 Win User

Isn't too stupid to ask the same thing again and again? UAC: Do you want to allow this app...

E.g., if I open "notepad++", it promts me " Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" every time.

I want it to run in "admin"mode because otherwise notepad++ could not save file.

I hope when UAC prompts me this dialog, it should have an checkbox "do not ask again for this app".
    I do not know what's the purpose of this behavior, but to me it's too stupid and unfriendly to ask the same thing again and again.

This is very bad and stupid design, as user will google the solution and the results suggest you to turn off UAC completely, which makes the system more unsecure. I hope this was not the initial intention of the designer.

:)

Leon316, Jun 4, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jun 4, 2019
  3. UAC not allowing software activation

Once again the so called support engineer did not even read the entire thread before posting yet another solution that did not do any good.

However, I was able to solve my situation without your help after all. My original question was how do I turn off UAC. the method suggested in this thread only turns the notifications for UAC off not the UAC itself. In order to turn off UAC completely,
    I went into the registry and turned it off there. After doing this, everything installed perfectly.

Here is a link to read about turning off UAC:

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-turn-off-and-disable-uac-in-windows-10/

DISCLAMER: Making edits to the registry is EXTREMELY dangerous and could cause damage to your computer. Consult a trained professional with any questions.

DuckJammerCCC, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Isn't too stupid to ask the same thing again and again? UAC: Do you want to allow this app...

UAC not allowing software activation

Hello Lourenco,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue.

We appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. I would like to assist you further from here.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to check if the User Account you are logged in is the Administrator account or not. Follow the below steps.

• Press the Windows key and R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.
    • Enter netplwiz to open the
      Advanced User Accounts Control Panel which lists all the users accounts created on a computer.
    However, if you are the administrator, I would suggest you to disable the User Account Control. Follow the below steps and check with the results.

• Type in UAC in the Search Bar and select Change User Account Control Settings.
    • Under User Account Control settings, drag the slider down to Don't notify me when I make changes to the Windows settings.
    • Reboot your computer before the changes take effect.
    UAC Turn Off Disclaimer:

User Account Control (UAC) can help you prevent unauthorized changes to your computer. It works by prompting you for permission when a task requires administrative rights, such as installing software or changing settings that affect other users. We
    don't recommend turning User Account Control off. If you do turn it off, you should turn it back on as soon as possible.

Additionally, I would also suggest you to enable the
    built in administrator account and check if it helps you through the process of the
    Power DVD product activation.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that you need to do the following:

• Press the Windows key t+ R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box
    • Enter cmd and right-click on the Command Prompt result that should appear.
    • This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select Run as administrator there.
    • Accept the UAC prompt
    • Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information feel free to write to us and we woud be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

Isn't too stupid to ask the same thing again and again? UAC: Do you want to allow this app...

1. Isn't too stupid to ask the same thing again and again? UAC: Do you want to allow this app... - Similar Threads - Isn't too stupid

2. Google chrome \ Do you want to allow this app ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google chrome \ Do you want to allow this app ?: How to prevent Google chrome from sending " Do you want to allow this app \ windows 10 I made Google chrome my default browser and located instead Edge Edge I never want and prevent it finally from installingIn the recent weeks or days, I noticed Google change its behavior...
  3. PC asking to restart again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC asking to restart again and again: Stuck with restart loop. I dont even know what to do. First time I encounter this issue I restarted it multiple times then I leave the PC for days and its coming back....
  4. PC asking to restart again and again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC asking to restart again and again: Stuck with restart loop. I dont even know what to do. First time I encounter this issue I restarted it multiple times then I leave the PC for days and its coming back....
  5. PC asking to restart again and again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Win 10 Toolbar Icons Too Big...Again....and Again...and Again

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Toolbar Icons Too Big...Again....and Again...and Again: Over 3 years ago, ago I reported an issue with toolbar icons being too large:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enlarged-toolbar-icons-on-the-external-monitor/7c225271-ba9f-4023-9f02-fdeb0688f28cAfter changing companies, one morning in Nov 2021 I saw the...
  7. Windows 10 is so stupid! again

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 is so stupid! again: i had this proplem that the window 10 it is kust too slow to open settings and so slow to open update (if there is) i have updated it last time and it worked just fine but now it start acting stupid so slow to open setting and can't finish dowloanding and can't open some...
  8. Live mail is asking for passcode again and again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Live mail is asking for passcode again and again: I am getting the below error when trying to sync live mail with Gmail, though it worked fine until this morning no config changes were made ---------------- Unable to send or receive messages for the <<name>> account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you...
  9. Purchased Apps asking to be Purchased Again

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Purchased Apps asking to be Purchased Again: I got a game off the Microsoft Store, and then paid to remove the ads. The game now generates a dialog box that says I have to pay to remove the ads. If I follow the link to purchase, it asks for my pin to sign into my Microsoft account and then tells me I already purchased...
  10. Possibly the question that is too stupid to ask

in Windows 10 Support
    Possibly the question that is too stupid to ask: I am trying to use VMware's Vcenter to virtualize my production system which is on the same machine. To begin the process it asks for hostname or IP address, user name, and password for my real machine. Unless vVcenter is broken no matter what I put in there is always an...