Windows 10: .iso Associations corrupted. Cannot mount .iso files !! Cannot Repair!

Discus and support .iso Associations corrupted. Cannot mount .iso files !! Cannot Repair! in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi guys. When I try and mount an .iso explorer freezes and locks up. I've tried setting default programs, changing file associations, installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by cfowler, Aug 29, 2016.

1. cfowler Win User

.iso Associations corrupted. Cannot mount .iso files !! Cannot Repair!

Hi guys.
    When I try and mount an .iso explorer freezes and locks up. I've tried setting default programs, changing file associations, installing different image software like Poweriso, Dameon Tools etc., nothing works. I simply cannot handle .iso files for some reason. Can anyone help? Thanks,
    Chris

:)

cfowler, Aug 29, 2016

2. ISO download

Dear ZigZag3143

Thank you for your reply

Can't open files etc with a double click but get message that no programme associated. Tried various things as found on web - none worked. Ran SFC /scannow told me had corrupt files but could not repair them. Ran DISM (several times) but despite mounting
    ISO file (10.0.10586.0) and indicating drive get a message that source cannot be found. Read that need exact version of ISO for this to work. What next?? Thanks

RoyGraham1939, Aug 29, 2016
  3. Trying to get ISO mounted on Windows 10.

Hello,

I am trying to mount ISO using the default Windows functionality, but I do not see an option.

I thought it may be due to file association, but I cannot seem to change "opens with" to windows explorer; when I go select explorer.exe under Windows folder, it says I cannot associate iso to that and choose another program.

Any help would be appreciated.

aceaofivalia, Aug 29, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Running sfc /scannow from an admin command prompt is worth a try first for problems like these. Otherwise, you can try System Restore from a previously working state, restore from backup (you do have one?) or a repair install of Windows.

Steve C, Aug 29, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    Before using the more drastic solutions I'd copy the .iso files onto a removable device and try them on a different computer, possible for them to be corrupted. If the .iso files are larger than 4GB the removable device will need to be formatted as NTFS [it's a limiting factor of FAT32 that most USB Thumb drives come as].

Berton, Aug 29, 2016
  6. cfowler Win User
    Thanks guys, I think it actually may be some corrupted source files actually. I removed Virtual Clone Drive and installed Daemon Tools Lite and other .iso files seem to execute fine, just not that one in particular so I'm re-downloading the file.

Thanks!!
    Some logical responses for sure.

cfowler, Aug 30, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    Glad you got it fixed.

Berton, Aug 30, 2016
  8. Steve C Win User

I was trying to mount an ISO file in my user account today and I couldn't see the Mount option on right clicking the ISO file. I then discovered the .iso file type was assigned to Nero software. The Mount option reappeared a soon as I reassigned the .iso file type to Explorer. Strangely, the .iso file type no longer appears in the list of file types.

Did you check the file association for .iso files to check it didn't get reassigned like the problem I had?

Steve C, Aug 30, 2016
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10 DO NOT NEED Daemon tools or any of these "Virtual drive" handlers. These versions of Windows will handle Virtual ISO files natively -- simply either click on the iso file or right mouse click and choose mount (both from File explorer in Windows).

Installing Daemon tools or Virtual Clone drive will probably just hose up your system.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. .iso Associations corrupted. Cannot mount .iso files !! Cannot Repair! - Similar Threads - iso Associations corrupted

2. Cannot mount ISO file in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot mount ISO file in Windows 11: My laptop came with Windows 11 Pro.It will not mount an ISO file.I've right-clicked, selected "mount", get the spinning wheel for a while, then get a message that there is an error mounting the file.Tried right-clicking and selecting Open With... Windows Explorer. Same...
  3. Cannot mount ISO file in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot mount ISO file in Windows 11: My laptop came with Windows 11 Pro.It will not mount an ISO file.I've right-clicked, selected "mount", get the spinning wheel for a while, then get a message that there is an error mounting the file.Tried right-clicking and selecting Open With... Windows Explorer. Same...
  4. Can't mount ISO file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't mount ISO file: After upgrading from Window 10 64 to Windows 11 I can't mount ISO files. I have mount options in Explorer and after choosing it Windows Explorer stops responding. That is the situation with all ISO files, even with those ones, downloaded with Windows 10 on the same notebook...
  5. Problem mounting the iso file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem mounting the iso file: I am having two virtual machines, server 1 and server-db.I have copied an sql iso file from server1 to server db. But when i try to install sql on db server, it is giving me an error “sorry, there was a problem mounting the file”.I have copied the iso file through UNC...
  6. Problem mounting the iso file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem mounting the iso file: I am having two virtual machines, server 1 and server-db.I have copied an sql iso file from server1 to server db. But when i try to install sql on db server, it is giving me an error “sorry, there was a problem mounting the file”.I have copied the iso file through UNC...
  7. Problem mounting the iso file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Iso file mounting

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Iso file mounting: I want to know if you can delete the ISO File right after you mount it, does it keep mounted? Because I am having low space in my driver and I want to install this app, but the size is bigger than my available space so that's why. 144282
  9. ISO Files Won't Mount

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ISO Files Won't Mount: [ATTACH] Hello, I've been having trouble with opening/mounting ISO files. These problems didn't happen before and have never happened before, so you can imagine my bewilderment. I click on the ISO files and my computer appears to be processing it, since I get the hour glass...
  10. Mounting ISO file

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Mounting ISO file: I just recently updated from windows 7 to windows 10 I use ISO files regularly and need to get this fixed. I am unable to mount any iso files or even run and iso mounting software. I keep reading that all i have to do is select the file and i should be given the option either...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. iso mount corrupted photo jpeg