Windows 10: ISO corruption , very annoying.

Discus and support ISO corruption , very annoying. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Thanks, I did lose track of where you were, that's why I asked up top You went back to Windows 7 - right? It might take a few days for it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fredc, Aug 13, 2015.

1. fredc Win User

ISO corruption , very annoying.

I went back to Win 7 only to get to the upgrade process for Win 10 again ( i was not able to get back into Win 10 because during a refresh of Win 10 , all went haywire and Win 10 got into a never ending loop saying there was no boot file found ) .

As soon as i upgraded to 10 for a second time i deleted all 7 files again because i never planned to go back to 7 . I did a Win 10 clean install the way i use to do Win 7 clean installs ( about the same ) but just avoided putting in any product keys (since i don't have any product keys for 10 which is a pretty good reason) , at least i think it is.

I thought Win 10 would activate instantly after it was up and running and thats not the case. Never heard of waiting a few days for activation but i guess Mr. Activation is older now and gets a little lazy like the rest of us, i suppose i can overlook his laziness but if i have to wait longer than a few days i will kick a_ _ because there's no excuse for me to wait longer than that .

I will pummel him about the face and head area for a good 15 to 20 minutes and if that doesn't get his a_ _ in gear i have no issues with slow dismemberment and discarding his remains in an abandoned mine shaft .

I'm a very level headed and reasonable person though and would much prefer a simple yet powerful blow to the head for a quick dispatch but not taking dismemberment off the table yet.

Oh by the way , you have been exceptionally helpful and your efforts are not going unnoticed , thank you so much for taking the time with this stuff.

fredc, Aug 20, 2015

2. This is probably where I got lost:

As soon as i upgraded to 10 for a second time i deleted all 7 files again because i never planned to go back to 7.

I did a Win 10 clean install the way i use to do Win 7 clean installs ( about the same ) but just avoided putting in any product keys (since i don't have any product keys for 10 which is a pretty good reason) , at least i think it is.

Yeah, not having a key is a good reason not to enter one. Some people entered the Preview key or their existing OS key - both were wrong choices.

Everyone expects instant gratification these days fred. On 29 July when systems weren't activating, someone came up with a script to try activating every second - this just compounded the problem as more and more people discovered the script, imagine 1 million people trying to activate every second - I'm surprised the Servers didn't burst into flames or the Internet didn't collapse.

Human nature!

I agree - wait no more than a couple of days (a few = 3 *Wink) Then I'd Contact Support though the app of the same name.
    This Win10 roll out was a massive undertaking of unprecedented proportions - everything was new - the distribution, the upgrade process, the activation technologies. There are issue, but on a scale of it, things went fairly well. I know that doesn't help those who are experiencing the issues, but give it a little bit of time.

I enjoyed your characterization of the battle that might come.

What I learn by helping other members are ways to help other member experiencing similar issues on their machines. Many members often stick around and in turn help other members.

You are most welcome fred.

Slartybart, Aug 20, 2015
  3. fredc Win User
    I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention can you repeat that? I usually say that right after someone is telling me about something that they think is important and they took a lot of time to say it . They usually get outraged and yell "what, weren't you listening to me" lol.

Warning: Don't try this around hostile females , I always view them from a distance because they can be extremely dangerous

fredc, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

ISO corruption , very annoying.

1. ISO corruption , very annoying. - Similar Threads - ISO corruption very

2. please help me this is getting very annoying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please help me this is getting very annoying: i usually play games on my laptop and i get lag spikes, not the typical internet lag spikes but the whole laptop, even if im not using internet it happens, please respond ASAP. p.s: i have windows 10 activated -daveyboih...
  3. A problem in Windows 11 that is very annoying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A problem in Windows 11 that is very annoying: I installed Windows 11 a few months ago and my storage is a hard driveHDDAfter installing Windows 11, it was fast and good for a month, but after a month, sometimes it took 3 minutes to boot, while in Windows 10, it only took 40 seconds to boot, and this was very annoying....
  4. A problem in Windows 11 that is very annoying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A problem in Windows 11 that is very annoying: I installed Windows 11 a few months ago and my storage is a hard driveHDDAfter installing Windows 11, it was fast and good for a month, but after a month, sometimes it took 3 minutes to boot, while in Windows 10, it only took 40 seconds to boot, and this was very annoying....
  5. the auto loginfeature is very annoying

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    the auto loginfeature is very annoying: So I'm a student that uses a platform from my school called 1link and we have all of our school links on that site but the thing is you have to log on thru Microsoft and Microsoft has this dumb auto-login feature where if someone else logs in on Microsoft their user gets...
  6. How to get rid of this thing very annoying...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to get rid of this thing very annoying...: [ATTACH]Please help!! I do not want this icon <<<< here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-this-thing-very-annoying/f724e6fb-f676-4d81-b971-db237d193017
  7. Annoying ISO files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Annoying ISO files: Hello Community. I run a YouTube channel named Windows Whistler I am trying to make my first video right now, and I'm trying to do a tutorial of how to Download Windows 8.1. I am on a laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X250. I went to Microsoft's Media Creation tool for Windows 8.1, and...
  8. Very annoying problem with signing in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Very annoying problem with signing in: So last night, I downloaded a driver to supposedly help with the Omen gaming panel. However, this morning when I woke up, I signed in but as I was doing so, it said ‘preparing windows’. To my surprise, all my ‘settings’ on my laptop were reset and I was welcomed with a...
  9. Well, this is a huge mess and very, very annoying

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Well, this is a huge mess and very, very annoying: When I configure microsoft store to install my games on drive D, it happens, it is this mess leaving everything ugly and confusing and the worst is that I can not even put this mess in a single folder, has to be exposed on drive D, I like to leave all my computer well...
  10. Very annoying pop-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very annoying pop-up: I keep seeing this very annoying pop-up but cannot work out how to stop it. It often pops up in Wordpad or Word, and in other places too. [img] It looks as if it is for people to write on with a tablet pen and Windows then interprets the handwriting to produce text, so...