Windows 10: ISO corruption , very annoying.

Discus and support ISO corruption , very annoying. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am using the links provided by "ten forums" , i have the "https everywhere" extension enabled , could this be an issue. Thanks 16122 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fredc, Aug 13, 2015.

1. fredc Win User

ISO corruption , very annoying.

I am using the links provided by "ten forums" , i have the "https everywhere" extension enabled , could this be an issue.

Thanks

:)

fredc, Aug 13, 2015

2. Windows 10 freezes soon after login

I've got the same problem on a Lenovo X201 as well.

I've done a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro x64 from an MSDN ISO as well and it exhibits the same issue.

Very very very annoying. Works fine on 8.1 Pro x64 so this is a regression.

UK Chris Smith, Aug 13, 2015
  3. mgoksoy Win User
    E71 very annoying bug

It doesn't happen on my E71. I have the software version 210 etc.

mgoksoy, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 13, 2015
  5. fredc Win User
    Yeah, thats the one that i keep getting a "corrupted" message with. I only downloaded the 64 bit version though since my laptop is 64 bit , now i see it says i should download both 32 and 64 bit , is that right?

On the latest failure i disabled the "https everywhere" extension but the results were the same unfortunately.

fredc, Aug 13, 2015
  6. Superfly Win User
    The info on that site is for techies doing upgrades thus the requirements - you only need the 64-bit version.
    Use a download manager that can resume downloads. Internet Download Manager or Free Download Manager are good, the latter has a hash check option as well.

Superfly, Aug 13, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It appears that the ISO download may have been interrupted causing it to be corrupted, and of course not able to be mounted.

Brink, Aug 13, 2015
  8. fredc Win User

Well i'm definitely no techie thats for sure , i consider myself at the "almost sub par" level and studying hard to reach the "mediocre at best" level , once i conquer those two levels i will be pretty impressive (i think , can't say with certainty though) but feeling pretty confident . l decided to refresh the win 10 install so i will try again with the 64 bit ISO version again .

Thanks for all the help

fredc, Aug 13, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Please let us know how it went.

Brink, Aug 13, 2015
  10. fredc Win User
    Will do , thanks.

fredc, Aug 13, 2015
  11. I suggest using the Media Creation Tool (option 2 in the tutorial), instead of the direct download from TechBench.

Techbench is meant for Retailers helping users upgrade - it really isn't meant for direct to the consumer
    Besides that the download is larger because it contains both Home and Pro
    ISO corruption ,  very annoying. [​IMG]

When you get to Step 8 - just press Finish or close the tool - the ISO is in the location you specified in the save dialog.

Slartybart, Aug 13, 2015
  12. YOU
    You Win User
    could try checking the hard disk for errors or downloading in another browser. I know that the Edge browser breaks anything downloading if close the browser (it won't even give a warning before close it), and won't let resume the broken download so that have to start over again.

13. fredc Win User

Where did you find those two examples for downloading , i would like to try that one but don't know where it is.

fredc, Aug 13, 2015
  14. The Media Creation tool is Option Two in the tutorial Brink provided

Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums
    This is the download I suggest you try.

Also see: Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool - Windows Help
    Tip: Press the show all button and print the page

The Microsoft page and the Tenforums tutorial say pretty much the same thing, but sometimes a different set of instructions works better for different people.

The TechBench is option one in the tutorial and is NOT the one I'm suggesting.

The file names are not standard though, I usually name downloads the way I think *Wink

Slartybart, Aug 14, 2015
  15. sn00ker Win User
    By any chance have you check the MD5 & SHA-1 Hashes for ISO file ??? See if these come up for you and this is for 10 pro 64 bit

SHA-1 >>>> D3899A17E1200599F2EB7D11FBEFCCFB3815CB15

MD5 >>>> EB14D5956CC19C7269A637F9E4DBAB68

Code: http://www.nullriver.com/products/winmd5sum[/quote]

sn00ker, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

1. ISO corruption , very annoying. - Similar Threads - ISO corruption very

2. please help me this is getting very annoying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please help me this is getting very annoying: i usually play games on my laptop and i get lag spikes, not the typical internet lag spikes but the whole laptop, even if im not using internet it happens, please respond ASAP. p.s: i have windows 10 activated -daveyboih...
  3. A problem in Windows 11 that is very annoying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A problem in Windows 11 that is very annoying: I installed Windows 11 a few months ago and my storage is a hard driveHDDAfter installing Windows 11, it was fast and good for a month, but after a month, sometimes it took 3 minutes to boot, while in Windows 10, it only took 40 seconds to boot, and this was very annoying....
  4. A problem in Windows 11 that is very annoying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A problem in Windows 11 that is very annoying: I installed Windows 11 a few months ago and my storage is a hard driveHDDAfter installing Windows 11, it was fast and good for a month, but after a month, sometimes it took 3 minutes to boot, while in Windows 10, it only took 40 seconds to boot, and this was very annoying....
  5. the auto loginfeature is very annoying

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    the auto loginfeature is very annoying: So I'm a student that uses a platform from my school called 1link and we have all of our school links on that site but the thing is you have to log on thru Microsoft and Microsoft has this dumb auto-login feature where if someone else logs in on Microsoft their user gets...
  6. How to get rid of this thing very annoying...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to get rid of this thing very annoying...: [ATTACH]Please help!! I do not want this icon <<<< here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-this-thing-very-annoying/f724e6fb-f676-4d81-b971-db237d193017
  7. Annoying ISO files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Annoying ISO files: Hello Community. I run a YouTube channel named Windows Whistler I am trying to make my first video right now, and I'm trying to do a tutorial of how to Download Windows 8.1. I am on a laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X250. I went to Microsoft's Media Creation tool for Windows 8.1, and...
  8. Very annoying problem with signing in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Very annoying problem with signing in: So last night, I downloaded a driver to supposedly help with the Omen gaming panel. However, this morning when I woke up, I signed in but as I was doing so, it said ‘preparing windows’. To my surprise, all my ‘settings’ on my laptop were reset and I was welcomed with a...
  9. Well, this is a huge mess and very, very annoying

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Well, this is a huge mess and very, very annoying: When I configure microsoft store to install my games on drive D, it happens, it is this mess leaving everything ugly and confusing and the worst is that I can not even put this mess in a single folder, has to be exposed on drive D, I like to leave all my computer well...
  10. Very annoying pop-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very annoying pop-up: I keep seeing this very annoying pop-up but cannot work out how to stop it. It often pops up in Wordpad or Word, and in other places too. [img] It looks as if it is for people to write on with a tablet pen and Windows then interprets the handwriting to produce text, so...