Windows 10: ISO doesn't boot from a flash drive in Windows 10

Discus and support ISO doesn't boot from a flash drive in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I'm trying to install any progs from ISO image from USB flash drive, Windows 10 freezes. What is the reason?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Melwood79, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Melwood79 Win User

ISO doesn't boot from a flash drive in Windows 10

When I'm trying to install any progs from ISO image from USB flash drive, Windows 10 freezes. What is the reason?

:)

Melwood79, Sep 28, 2020

2. Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

Have you copied all the files from the ISO to the flash drive? I can't see that step.

After step 10. (after formatting and making it the active partition)

Copy files from the ISO to flash drive.

Open CMD as administrator.

navigate to the flash drive, lets call it drive Z and type in the following commands.
    Z:
    cd boot
    bootsect.exe /nt60 z:
    exit

Then try again.

slyfox2151, Sep 28, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

ISO doesn't boot from a flash drive in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 28, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

ISO doesn't boot from a flash drive in Windows 10 [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

1. ISO doesn't boot from a flash drive in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - ISO doesn't boot

2. Windows Setup not booting from Flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Setup not booting from Flash drive: Hello, i recently got a new SSD nvme m.2 and connected it everthing was visible but was not working as my hdd still was, i then Went to clone from hdd to SSD but then something was not right. I plugged in my flash drive with new OS setup and deleted all my partition on my hdd...
  3. Windows Setup not booting from Flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Setup not booting from Flash drive: Hello, i recently got a new SSD nvme m.2 and connected it everthing was visible but was not working as my hdd still was, i then Went to clone from hdd to SSD but then something was not right. I plugged in my flash drive with new OS setup and deleted all my partition on my hdd...
  4. Windows Setup not booting from Flash drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. install windows iso from usb flash drive over network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    install windows iso from usb flash drive over network: i have trouble with a pc that cannot use its usb ports because it was fried. i dont have any disk that are capable to put windows installer in. only had a 29 gb flash drive lying around....
  6. install windows iso from usb flash drive over network

install windows iso from usb flash drive over network: i have trouble with a pc that cannot use its usb ports because it was fried. i dont have any disk that are capable to put windows installer in. only had a 29 gb flash drive lying around....
  7. Windows 10 flash Drive Booting problem

Windows 10 flash Drive Booting problem: I'm getting this error while downloading windows 10 for Bootable Flash driveerror code: 0x80070456 0xA001BWindows 10 ISO file downloading cancel many times what should I to fix this error....
  8. cannot boot usb flash iso

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot boot usb flash iso: Last week the power supply on my monitor died; when i plugged in the replacement and booted up, the startup failed with pfn list corrupted message - one I have seen before and fixed with TEN FORUMS help tracing it to driver problems. The previous time we updated all drivers...
  9. Will booting windows 10 from a flash drive erase everything?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will booting windows 10 from a flash drive erase everything?: I want to put Windows 10 on a flash drive to use on my old linux pc, but I want to still have the old operating system and data. submitted by /u/Mr_Good2000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/erzcy0/will_booting_windows_10_from_a_flash_drive_erase/
  10. BitLocker without TPM but using a flash drive - doesn't need flash to boot.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker without TPM but using a flash drive - doesn't need flash to boot.: I'm trying to understand how full-disk bitlocker works as I intend deploying it on a number of PCs, not all of which have a TPM. I enabled bitlocker on a windows 10 laptop which does have a TPM but I elected not to use it. Instead, I saved the key to a USB flash drive. My...