Windows 10: ISO files for Refresh Updates of prior versions/builds of Windows 10

Discus and support ISO files for Refresh Updates of prior versions/builds of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have the need to perform two different In-Place Upgrade on different machines to try to repair errors caused from the major Windows download and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RussCohen, Jan 27, 2020.

1. RussCohen Win User

ISO files for Refresh Updates of prior versions/builds of Windows 10

I have the need to perform two different In-Place Upgrade on different machines to try to repair errors caused from the major Windows download and update last year. One of them is running 64 bit Windows 10 Pro, version 1903, OS Build 18362.267 and the other is running 64 bit Windows 10 Home, version 1803.

According to the Microsoft Windows Forum, the repair can only be done from within Windows 10 using either ISO or USB media having the same edition and a same or newer build that that which is installed. Where can obtain the correct versions to allow me to fix these older Windows installations?

:)

RussCohen, Jan 27, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 27, 2020
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Windows 10 RTM/Build 10240 now available for Insiders

Insiders in the fast and slow rings are now being distributed the latest Windows 10 RTM (build 10240).

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...-for-windows-insiders-in-fast-and-slow-rings/

But for those wanting to expedite the upgrade, and/or download the latest build in iso form, it can be downloaded for free from the following link.

http://getintopc.com/softwares/oper...-pro-build-10240-iso-32-64-bit-free-download/

Don't forget to check out the activation steps found here:

Spoiler slmgr /ipk W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
    slmgr /skms kms.xspace.in
    slmgr /ato

Windows 10 Enterprise - NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43B8YKP-D69TJ
    Windows 10 Home - TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99
    Windows 10 Professional - W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX

use the key you need for the build and run those lines in cmd to activate

activation
    I suggest running those commands as administrator. Just in case.

Enjoy!

MrGenius, Jan 27, 2020
  4. jsfitz54 Win User

Rufus 2.18, last update to support Windows XP and Vista

SEE HERE: http://rufus.akeo.ie/

Changelog
    • Version 2.18 (2017.11.07)
      • Ensure that the same drive is reselected on device refresh
      • Add a cheat mode to cycle the USB port of currently selected device
      • Make lookup for updatable .cfg file more generic (e.g. ESET SysRescue)
      • Fix handling of multiextent ISOs (e.g. BlackArch Linux)
      • Fix propagation of image decompression errors
      • Update grub4dos to latest
      RUFUS 2.18 IS THE LAST RELEASE TO SUPPORT WINDOWS XP AND WINDOWS VISTA.
      FUTURE RELEASES WILL NO LONGER BE COMPATIBLE WITH THESE PLATFORMS!

jsfitz54, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

1. ISO files for Refresh Updates of prior versions/builds of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - ISO files Refresh

2. ISO files for testing older versions of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ISO files for testing older versions of Windows 10?: I'm aware of Media Creation Tool, I've used it to save ISO files and reinstall current latest builds .. but I'm trying to nail down a bug in some third-party software that worked as recently as last year -- I'd like to setup a virtual machine with Windows 10 version 1903 or...
  3. How to find Windows edition, version, and build from ISO file

in Windows 10 News
    How to find Windows edition, version, and build from ISO file: [ATTACH]If you want to find out the Windows edition, version, build, and some other […] This article How to find Windows edition, version, and build from ISO file first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Needing Windows 10 Version 10.0 (Build 10240) ISO

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Needing Windows 10 Version 10.0 (Build 10240) ISO: I got a Dell Inspiron 14 with Windows 10 Version 10.0 from someone I know for free. It had 2GB of RAM and upgraded it to 4GB of RAM. I want to use it as an OS testing machine but don't want to get rid of such an old build of Windows 10. If anyone has an ISO of it, please send...
  5. Can I use an ISO file for Windows 10 version 1909 build 18363.418

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can I use an ISO file for Windows 10 version 1909 build 18363.418: Hi just checking? Is it okay to use an ISO file forWindows 10 version 1909 build 18363.418 for an ISO clean install when I have Windows 10 version 1909 build 18363.836? Can I use my Ex HDD Toshiba if I form a separate Bootable Partition as Fat32 for the bootable part and...
  6. Windows 10 ISO file version 1809

Windows 10 ISO file version 1809: Hi All, I need to get Windows 10 ISO file version 1809 to revert back from version 1909. Anyone can help me on this please? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-iso-file-version-1809/998de9ca-dacb-458d-a557-1675d405275e
  7. Windows 10 Enterprise ISO File 1809 build

Windows 10 Enterprise ISO File 1809 build: I purchased Win 10 Ent for the purposes of creating a WinToGo drive (rather than using Partition Assistant, WinToUSB, Rufus and Gimagex etc which don't support UEFI booting). The device and process works perfectly except, when I try and update the flash drive to Win 10 1809...
  8. How to update my windows 10 build with an ISO?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to update my windows 10 build with an ISO?: I'm currently running build 9926, and my computer keeps getting this message "Install a new build of Windows now" "This build of windows has expired, so your PC will restart every few hours, and eventually will fail to start. Go online for more information." So I've...
  9. Windows 10 ISO Build Version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 ISO Build Version: I purchased Windows 10 a few months ago and have had problems upgrading to the new builds 1511 and 1608 since then, installation always freezes at 93% and I haven't had any luck using Microsoft support. I'd like to have the latest build and thinking a fresh install might...
  10. How to update Windows 10 ISO to the latest build??

How to update Windows 10 ISO to the latest build??: Hey guys! Basically what I mean is that I've created the ISO file using Media Creation Tool right after upgrading Windows 8.1. Since then W10 was updated to the 10586 build and I was thinking of updating the ISO (just for emergencies). What are my options? Should I use MCT...