Windows 10: ISO files for testing older versions of Windows 10?

Discus and support ISO files for testing older versions of Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm aware of Media Creation Tool, I've used it to save ISO files and reinstall current latest builds .. but I'm trying to nail down a bug in some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShawnVN ex-MSFT, Apr 5, 2021.

1. ISO files for testing older versions of Windows 10?

I'm aware of Media Creation Tool, I've used it to save ISO files and reinstall current latest builds .. but I'm trying to nail down a bug in some third-party software that worked as recently as last year -- I'd like to setup a virtual machine with Windows 10 version 1903 or 1909 and go through the upgrade path, to confirm if/when it stops working.

Sadly I haven't been holding on to those old Windows 10 ISO files.

I see some are available on archive.org, but wondering if they are available on microsoft.com someplace I'm not seeing.

Thanks..

:)

ShawnVN ex-MSFT, Apr 5, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 5, 2021
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    wont boot into ISO file?

hm I used nero and put the iso on there like anything else
    ill try your suggestions with the .nrg file I no longer have the .iso (threw away)
    i was just curious

4. Luka KLLP Win User

ISO files for testing older versions of Windows 10?

Finding .IMG or .ISO file in Windows 8.1 Pro download

Hey guys,

In preparation for my new PC I downloaded Windows 8.1 Pro from Dreamspark, and I wanted to burn it to a DVD, so I can install it on the new PC.
    However, in the downloaded files I can't find a .IMG or .ISO file anywhere. I understood that the .IMG file is the one you need to burn to the DVD?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Luka KLLP, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

ISO files for testing older versions of Windows 10?

1. ISO files for testing older versions of Windows 10? - Similar Threads - ISO files testing

2. Windows 10 older versions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 older versions: Hello!I would like to know if there is any official way to get any of the previous windows 10 versions from microsoft as I am very worried at the thought of downloading any disk images from 3rd party websites. My reasoning for this is because I have an older PC that is...
  3. Windows 10 older versions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 older versions: Hello!I would like to know if there is any official way to get any of the previous windows 10 versions from microsoft as I am very worried at the thought of downloading any disk images from 3rd party websites. My reasoning for this is because I have an older PC that is...
  4. Windows 10 older versions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 older version

Windows 10 older version: Hey! My laptop is working slowly when I updated it to latest version. Previously it was on 1709 version. I had directly updated it to latest 21H2 version. But since update my laptop has become slow. Actually my laptop has small specs, so that's why I want to downgrade it to...
  6. Windows 10 older version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 older version: Hey! My laptop is working slowly when I updated it to latest version. Previously it was on 1709 version. I had directly updated it to latest 21H2 version. But since update my laptop has become slow. Actually my laptop has small specs, so that's why I want to downgrade it to...
  7. Where is older ISO version of window?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is older ISO version of window?: I need ISO version of window 10 because when I failed to install window 11 not meet requiment, but all the older ISO gone. Where is the archive page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-older-iso-version-of-window/4536efcd-e7b9-43f3-95d5-5319898b5583
  8. Where is older ISO version of window?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is older ISO version of window?: I need ISO version of window 10 because when I failed to install window 11 not meet requiment, but all the older ISO gone. Where is the archive page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-older-iso-version-of-window/4536efcd-e7b9-43f3-95d5-5319898b5583
  9. Older "version" of windows 10

Older "version" of windows 10: When I first upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7 using Microsoft media creation tool, windows 10 that was installed was the newest versionwith microsoft edge, white search bar and cortana on the task bar and all. After sometime that version was corruptedlagging a lot...
  10. Windows 10 ISO file version 1809

Windows 10 ISO file version 1809: Hi All, I need to get Windows 10 ISO file version 1809 to revert back from version 1909. Anyone can help me on this please? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-iso-file-version-1809/998de9ca-dacb-458d-a557-1675d405275e