Windows 10: iso for several tests different wim file for customization screens

Discus and support iso for several tests different wim file for customization screens in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am building a WIndows 10 setup USB, I would like to test them for screen customization. If I don't sysprep each one and build a wim file from it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RBCC, Jan 24, 2020.

1. RBCC Win User

iso for several tests different wim file for customization screens

I am building a WIndows 10 setup USB, I would like to test them for screen customization. If I don't sysprep each one and build a wim file from it and create a ISO from it , then test each 5-10 times, build an iso and I retest each, with the same WIndows installation?

:)

2. johnspack Win User

Compacting a wim file?

Sorry, no idea where to put this. I just recently learned how to use dism. I use it to slipstream all hotfixes and ie10 ect into an AIO install disc. The problem is, it creates a huge install.wim after 8 index mounts and slipstreams. Considering all 8 images use the same darn wim and files, don't know why it has to increase the wim size by 1gig. Either I need to figure out how to use the same wim.install file for all indexes, or I need to compact the wim file which is now 4gbs with ie10 and all updates to April. Any way to do either?

johnspack, Jan 24, 2020
  3. johnspack Win User
    Compacting a wim file?

Actually it turns out the answer is the dism that comes with Win8. Using the new Export-Image command, and a simple batch file, was able to compress my AIO wim by several hundred mbs.

johnspack, Jan 24, 2020
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

wont boot into ISO file?

hm I used nero and put the iso on there like anything else
    ill try your suggestions with the .nrg file I no longer have the .iso (threw away)
    i was just curious

Thema:

1. iso for several tests different wim file for customization screens - Similar Threads - iso several tests

2. How to customize iso file and Dell integrate drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to customize iso file and Dell integrate drivers: How do i customize iso file and integrate drivers? So that in the future, I don't have to install Dell drivers after i clean reinstall windows 11...
  3. ISO files for testing older versions of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ISO files for testing older versions of Windows 10?: I'm aware of Media Creation Tool, I've used it to save ISO files and reinstall current latest builds .. but I'm trying to nail down a bug in some third-party software that worked as recently as last year -- I'd like to setup a virtual machine with Windows 10 version 1903 or...
  4. Several different Blue screen of deaths

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Several different Blue screen of deaths: Hi, I'm currently being spammed by BSOD with stop code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and some even without a stop code Here's the dump files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgJHKfzDANBpgQLLHpfK1l4OjXGa?e=cQvOsh Any help would be appreciated....
  5. Can I customize the ISO file icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I customize the ISO file icon?: Can I customize the ISO file icon? Let's say I have several movies that are all ISO file. And I want to match each movie to its icon. Is there a possibility? 149497
  6. Open in WIM files

Open in WIM files: I backed up the files to a potable disk drive on my bad computer. Now I want to view those file but they are WIM files. How can I view them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-in-wim-files/73872582-e4fe-4c76-9fb6-11924698ab83
  7. Making custom Windows 10 Pro ISO files

Making custom Windows 10 Pro ISO files: Hi. I'm a guy who likes to mess around with his OS a lot and I also like to reinstall my OS quite a lot as well for some reason. I refuse to use Linux cause most of my games aren't functional there and well I just like windows more. As a part of my habit to mess with the...
  8. Iso, esd or wim?

in Windows 10 Support
    Iso, esd or wim?: Wish to correct a Source files missing problem, so need to download an ISO. Installed is W10 1511 version 10586.164 Pro.....how can I tell whether it is ESD or WIM? I know that downloads are as following.....M$ Media is ESD and TechNet is WIM. 44127
  9. Difference between ISO's?

Difference between ISO's?: If I download a new ISO with the MediaCreation tool from MS today, will the ISO be different from launch day? Meaning, does it contain all updates and fixes that has been sent out since launch? 26015
  10. Win 10 .WIM ISO copy

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 .WIM ISO copy: Hello I was using Win 10 x 64 as .ESD but was advised to use .WIM. I burned a DVD from the .WIM file at Tech Bench. I then made a copy, however, the when you open the copy there is a folder called temporary burn folder. When you open it, it says what the original says....