Windows 10: ISO from RECOVERY question.

Discus and support ISO from RECOVERY question. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello to the forum. Have been given advice from this forum regarding w10p 1909 problems but having problems getting an iso. Then saw this thread How to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pavl, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Pavl Win User

ISO from RECOVERY question.

Hello to the forum.
    Have been given advice from this forum regarding w10p 1909 problems but having problems getting an iso.
    Then saw this thread How to create an .iso file out of a USB Recovery Drive
    I am trying to download the 1909 iso from HeiDoc but not succeeding (poor connection).
    So I checked my recovery drive (micro sd 16gb) and properties.
    Total is 6.07gb.
    Recovery\sources\reconstruct.WIM = 3.71gb
    Recovery\sources\reconstruct.WIM2 = 1.88gb
    Recovery\boot.wim = 430mb

ISO from RECOVERY question. [​IMG]

ISO from RECOVERY question. [​IMG]

Does this mean I can follow the thread mentioned to create a 1909 iso (the current version on machine that created this recovery drive)?
    Following advice from others on this forum I want to do an in-place re-install.
    This from Android tablet (grrrrrr).
    Paul

:)

2. Need ISO maker

I tried imgburn followed step by step and it sucks ...burned an image supposed to be ISO endend up in UDF ..not auto executable and scraped a dvd for it. Gonna try alcohol thx

MohawkAngel, Nov 23, 2020
  3. yogurt_21 Win User
    Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Nov 23, 2020
  4. timta2 Win User

Need ISO maker

Um, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't UDF the DVD format?

"The name ISO is taken from the ISO 9660 file system used with CD-ROM media, but an ISO image might also contain a UDF file system."

ISO image - Wikipedia

timta2, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

1. ISO from RECOVERY question. - Similar Threads - ISO RECOVERY question

2. sending iso to usb question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sending iso to usb question: I will be downloading windows 10 iso using media creation tool soon. I prepared the usb drive earlier following tutorial, my question is do I right click on the Iso file when it's done and click on send to my usb drive or, do I need to put the iso on a dvd disc first? Thanks!...
  3. Recovery Drive Question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Recovery Drive Question: A couple of questions: 1) I have (3) machines with Windows 10 on them. Will a single recovery drive be usable on all three...if I ever needed it...or do I have to make (3) individual recovery drives? One machine is Windows 10 Home and the others are Pro...if that makes a...
  4. ISO Update Questions

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ISO Update Questions: I have Windows 10 1803, and have not received the 1809 or the 1903 updates. I have used the update troubleshooter, checked the latest information file in the Panther directory, and used the update tool, but still haven't received the update. Many people on this forums have...
  5. Problem Running Windows Recovery from ISO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem Running Windows Recovery from ISO: I am trying to incorporate the Windows recovery disc ISOs into an all-in-one grub recovery disc. I have already included WinXP-PE, Win7PE and Win10PE, plus every conceivable utility and malware removal program that I can find. I decided I wanted to add the Windows recovery...
  6. Recovery Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery Question: Working with a laptop that was upgraded from 7 to 10. need to go back to 7 but its been a few months since the upgrade. I know I could do a clean install but would like to do a recovery if possible. There is a recovery partition. Wanted to be sure the recovery partition is...
  7. Windows 10 ISO Question

Windows 10 ISO Question: My question is if the Win 10 ISO thumb drive you create to do a fresh install usable to install Win 10 on another PC? I had Win 7 Pro on my old PC. I did the Win 10 upgrade. Then did the fresh install using the ISO. I had already built a new gaming machine with Win 7 Pro...
  8. ISO file question

ISO file question: A few weeks ago, I created a Windows 10 recovery DVD, using the media creation tool. Since then, Microsoft has installed several Windows 10 updates. Is the ISO file updated with the most recent updates? If it's updated, how often is it updated? Is it wise every so often to...
  9. Windows 10 Iso question

Windows 10 Iso question: Hi, Ive just created a bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive using the Media Creation Tool. Everything went great with the installation...so thanks to you guys for all the advice I received :-) I was curious to see how old the ISO was that I'd downloaded. When I checked the...
  10. Recovery Drive to ISO Troubles

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery Drive to ISO Troubles: I have been trying to convert the Windows 10 Recovery Drive (USB) to an ISO so I can include it in a multiboot recovery drive I have been building. I have succeeded in creating the bootable ISO, but no matter what I do, this is what I get: [img] I've tried the same...