Windows 10: ISO guide for migrating to a new PC

Discus and support ISO guide for migrating to a new PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Hello! I'm finally retiring my Core 2 Duo that I built almost 15 years ago. Yeah, about that ... The amount of stuff I've accumulated in 15... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Handler, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Handler Win User

ISO guide for migrating to a new PC

Hello Hello!

I'm finally retiring my Core 2 Duo that I built almost 15 years ago. Yeah, about that ...

The amount of stuff I've accumulated in 15 year and the amount of software and settings. It's alot and who really wants to go through it all and reclick tickboxes and manipulate a million drop down menus.

The license is simple I already sought that out and it's fairly straight forward.

I'm under the impression that if I backup my C:\%HOMEPATH%\*.* and then reinstall app on my new PC then restore the backup. I'd be good, yeah?

I'll now have the ability to store image backups. It'd been nice to have an image for this but didn't have the facilities to house it all.

Appreciate the help! New rig won't be put together for another couple of weeks, cannot wait!

Thanks for your assistance!
    Dave

EditionWindows 10 ProVersion20H2Installed on‎6/‎13/‎2020OS build19042.844ExperienceWindows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0

:)

Handler, Feb 23, 2021
  2. miahallen Win User
    miahallen, Feb 23, 2021
  3. fdegrove Win User
    Migration vs Clone to New PC

Hi,

It contains install.esd. Hence my suggestion of either converting that to a new ISO or to download the ISO straight from MS bypassing the extra step.

Either way, what seems simple to us is not necessarily simple to a relatively new user.

Cheers and thanks for chipping in, *Wink

fdegrove, Feb 23, 2021
  4. dinjo_jo Win User

New PC DRM!

Step 1: Get the iso
    Step 2: Mount it and install
    Step 3: Copy the crack
    Step 4: PLAY

dinjo_jo, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

1. ISO guide for migrating to a new PC - Similar Threads - ISO guide migrating

2. MIGRATING WIN10PRO TO A NEW PC, HP OMEN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MIGRATING WIN10PRO TO A NEW PC, HP OMEN: After restoring Win10Pro from an older PC to a new HP OMEN 30L, win won't boot because of missing drivers. From the HP website, I downloaded the driver files, xxxx.EXE files .. but I don't know how to incorporate the drivers into the restored Win10Pro on the new machine....
  3. Migrating Windows Drive C: to a new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Migrating Windows Drive C: to a new PC: Bought a new PC HP Elite 8300 Tower and Monitor ViewSonic VP3481. Installed C: hard drive from old computer in hopes of avoiding the need to reinstalling all of my programs. I had to use a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter on the PC and them an HDMI cable from there to the monitor....
  4. Migrating to new PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Migrating to new PC: Hello, I bought a new PC and wanted to know if the stored credentials and themes on the old PC can be transferred to the new PC. I've already transferred apps and and my documents over to the new PC. It seems the migration tool I used missed the credentials and themes....
  5. Migrating windows to a new pc

Migrating windows to a new pc: Hi, I have an old 32 bit PC with Windows Pro 10 ver 1903 on it. It comes up as "Retail Channel" when I do the slmgr -dli command. If I want to replace the Pc with a new build , can I move the Windows 10 to it? As well can I change it to 64Bit? If so how would you go...
  6. migrating to new pc

migrating to new pc: how to transfer files, apps, settings to a new machine? Peer-to-peer cable? cloud? System-Backup-file? My cellphone seems to have a better brain. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migrating-to-new-pc/a804b0bf-390c-4326-928f-68b8a798dde7
  7. Migrating HDD to New PC

Migrating HDD to New PC: Hello all, I will be building a new PC to replace my current one soon. I intend to remove the HDD from my current PC, which has Windows 10 OS on it, and place it in my new build. Once there I would like to clone it onto an SSD and use that in the future for the boot drive....
  8. Activation after migration to a new PC.

Activation after migration to a new PC.: I recently got a used computer and moved the hard drive from my old computer into the new one. It worked fine for a day, but then I logged in and the Activate Windows watermark appeared on the screen. I do not know what the product key is for my copy of Windows, as my old...
  9. Migration vs Clone to New PC

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Migration vs Clone to New PC: Hello Everyone, For the last couple months I've been trying to fix file corruption issues that occurred from a failing local HDD. It's taken a huge amount of my time but the shorter story is I was finally able to clone the failing HDD, then replace it with a new one. Just...
  10. Need a migration guide for specified scenario

Need a migration guide for specified scenario: Hi, I have a pc with SSD and Windows 8 in it. By mistake I did not wipe the windows 8, and now windows 10 is on another HDD partition. Below is what my partitions look like. [img] Is there any guide to migrate my Windows 10 installation from partition C to * ? I've...