Windows 10: ISO image

Discus and support ISO image in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi My apologies if this has been asked already. I've downloaded the ISO image and tried to burn it to DVD only to find that is too large 5.6 GIG and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bigsi100, Jul 30, 2015.

1. bigsi100 Win User

ISO image

Hi
    My apologies if this has been asked already. I've downloaded the ISO image and tried to burn it to DVD only to find that is too large 5.6 GIG and doesn't fit on a 4.7 : is there a way to get it to fit or can I extract it to desktop and run it from there?

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Si

:)

bigsi100, Jul 30, 2015
  2. -D.-B. Win User

Windows 10 .iso image

Waycool6,

I have tons of space. The space limitations should provide no issue. I have over 80g worth of space left after windows 10 installed. The complete removal of the old system may be in order. Thanks for the suggestion, I will remove the old version of windows
    instead of waiting for it to automatically unload the information kept and test stability.

-D.-B., Jul 30, 2015
  3. -D.-B. Win User
    Windows 10 .iso image

Me and my friends have been trying to get this to work and when you call MS they claim they never had any intention of letting people do this if they are upgrading from a previous platform. We've been trying to find this ISO that allows you to do a clean
    install, but Andre is wording his statement very careful to make you think the question is answered when it really hasn't been answered.

"Please note, you might have to download the appropriate edition of Windows 10 for the version/edition of Windows you are upgrading."

Right here he specifically mentions you are upgrading your previous version still.

We've had someone call microsoft after trying;

"Suppose I need to reinstall Windows 10 after one or two years from now or I install a new hard disk?

Windows 10 is registered to the device, not your hard disk. Just install a new hard disk and reinstall Windows 10 and it will reactivate."

Our friend was prompted for a license key after doing this which, after a call to microsoft, proved to be a huge waste of time because he couldn't get one. He had to reinstall his old version of windows, which he is glad he never did this with his laptop
    otherwise a call to best buy would of taken an entire day to sort, then perform the upgrade with his .iso. He is now debating not even accepting the upgrade to 10 and just letting his lattop fizzle out with a previous version on it.

We've been lied to in order to get onboard with the update...

-D.-B., Jul 30, 2015
  4. ISO image

Access the ISO on the desktop and run setup.exe.

cyberrufus, Jul 30, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Or use Rufus and create a bootable USB stick.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 30, 2015
  6. If EITHER will work, what's the advantage of going to the trouble of making a bootable USB stick rather than poking the setup.exe? Why even consider making bootable media?

ignatzatsonic, Jul 30, 2015
  7. I'm a little unclear on whether you're attempting an upgrade or clean install. Don't boot to media if you're upgrading.

cyberrufus, Jul 30, 2015
  8. Windowz10 Win User

ISO image

While I am not certain, something seems amiss with the size of your ISO.

When I did the ISO creation onto a USB flash drive, the size was about 3.1gbytes total. That has been confirmed by a number of posters here.

Cannot understand why a DVD would be 2gbytes bigger.

That being said, the reason for the ISO creation is not to do the initial upgrade. It's to wipe the upgraded Win10 install once activation has been triggered so that you have a clean install for Windows 10. Some people desire that. It also allows you to re-install to clean at some later date.

Windowz10, Jul 30, 2015
  9. labeeman Win User
    Can W7 mount the ISO? It needs to be able to mount the ISO in order to run setup.exe.

labeeman, Jul 30, 2015
  10. Berton Win User
    Does your DVD burner support the DVD+R/DL discs? The face of the tray on most will show DL or Dual-Layer. The DVD+R/DL disc will hold about 8GB.

Berton, Jul 30, 2015
  11. Ztruker Win User
    The main reason I see to put on a flash drive is if you have more than one computer to upgrade. Saves copying the ISO from computer to computer.

Also, it has to be on a DVD or flash drive if you want to do a Clean Install as you have to boot it to do that.

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2015
  12. He mentioned extracting the files from the ISO as an option.

cyberrufus, Jul 30, 2015
  13. ISO image

Two things
    1) it sounds as though you download the combined 32 bit & 64 bit ISO
    each bit version of the ISO is only a little over 3 GB

2) You could Download Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel from Official Microsoft Download Center to mount the ISO and run the upgrade directly from that.
    I just came across this, so let me know how if it works out for you *Wink

3) You could download just the bit depth that matches your current install. If you are trying to change from 32-bit to 64-bit then you'll have to do a clean install afterwards. I'm fairly certain that an upgrade will NOT allow you to change the bit-depth - could be wrong on that as far as Win10 goes though. Lots of new things have been added to many processes.

See if there's anything about that here: Support - Windows 10 Help

Slartybart, Jul 30, 2015
  14. Akash Win User
    You can try Direct Zip Driver to extract it. *Smile

Akash, Jul 30, 2015
  15. Ztruker Win User
    I just tried extracting the iso to E:\Temp and ran setup from there and it starts fine from there.

I don't know how it would behave it extracted to a folder on the boot drive.

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

ISO image

1. ISO image - Similar Threads - ISO image

2. Can i delete my ISO/Disc image when i have installed it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i delete my ISO/Disc image when i have installed it?: So i have installed the ISO in my pc just to fill the missing features in my windows and fix my media player, well can i delete it now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-my-isodisc-image-when-i-have/d45e4049-d0a5-491d-8a9b-0a29816dc940
  3. Can i delete my ISO/Disc image when i have installed it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i delete my ISO/Disc image when i have installed it?: So i have installed the ISO in my pc just to fill the missing features in my windows and fix my media player, well can i delete it now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-my-isodisc-image-when-i-have/d45e4049-d0a5-491d-8a9b-0a29816dc940
  4. Cannot download Windows 11 Disk Image ISO for x64 devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download Windows 11 Disk Image ISO for x64 devices.: Error:We are unable to complete your request at this time. Some users, entities and locations are banned from using this service. For this reason, leveraging anonymous or location hiding technologies when connecting to this service is not generally allowed. If you believe...
  5. Cannot download Windows 11 Disk Image ISO for x64 devices.

Cannot download Windows 11 Disk Image ISO for x64 devices.: Error:We are unable to complete your request at this time. Some users, entities and locations are banned from using this service. For this reason, leveraging anonymous or location hiding technologies when connecting to this service is not generally allowed. If you believe...
  6. Is it possible to download an official ISO image of Windows XP Professional 32 bit from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to download an official ISO image of Windows XP Professional 32 bit from...: I have a software that requires to be compiled on a 32-bit operating system. I want to download the official ISO image and build a VM on VirtualBox to compile my software. If someone can confirm that XP can in-fact be downloaded using an MSDN license, I would procure one.PS:...
  7. Is it possible to download an official ISO image of Windows XP Professional 32 bit from...

Is it possible to download an official ISO image of Windows XP Professional 32 bit from...: I have a software that requires to be compiled on a 32-bit operating system. I want to download the official ISO image and build a VM on VirtualBox to compile my software. If someone can confirm that XP can in-fact be downloaded using an MSDN license, I would procure one.PS:...
  8. painting pale paper like texture after reinstalling windows via iso image.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    painting pale paper like texture after reinstalling windows via iso image.: i don't know how to describe my problem as it has never happened to me before.everything was fine until i decided to reset my pc so i can have a fresh clean disk, but right after installation was completed i noticed this weird painting pale paper like texture on my wallpaper,...
  9. painting pale paper like texture after reinstalling windows via iso image.

painting pale paper like texture after reinstalling windows via iso image.: i don't know how to describe my problem as it has never happened to me before.everything was fine until i decided to reset my pc so i can have a fresh clean disk, but right after installation was completed i noticed this weird painting pale paper like texture on my wallpaper,...
  10. painting pale paper like texture after reinstalling windows via iso image.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging