Windows 10: ISO mount error (ignorable though)

Discus and support ISO mount error (ignorable though) in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there really strange error -- it only happens on a PC with an actual physical DVD drive. If I mount an ISO I get a mount failed type of error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Nov 29, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

ISO mount error (ignorable though)

Hi there

really strange error -- it only happens on a PC with an actual physical DVD drive. If I mount an ISO I get a mount failed type of error although the iso does mount and is 100% accessible.

I can't re-produce the error on a machine that doesn't have a physical DVD - and even if you attach an eternal USB DVD drive the error doesn't appear.

Seems it only occurs when physical built in hardware is present. The error though is ignorable.

(Running W10 pro x-64 latest build).

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Nov 29, 2015
  2. JRSJS Win User

sfc/ scannow cannot fix corrupt files and DISM cannot find source

Hi,

sorry to be ignorant but how do you "mount" the ISO.

thanks,

John

JRSJS, Nov 29, 2015
  3. mounting CD/DVDs in windows 10 not acting ike normal CD/DVD drive

Problem is not resolved.

I'm using Windows Explorer to mount ISO files. (Right click ISO, and choose MOUNT in File Explorer)

The file mounts as a drive letter in File Explorer, but does not auto-play (autorun.inf is COMPLETELY ignored on the image)

If I right-click the newly mounted drive letter, options for auto-play/autorun are missing (e.g. I do not get the option to run or install from media)

if I open the mounted drive, I can see, and copy all of the files. I can even run those that can be properly run from anywhere.

executables that require the CD to properly run (autorun.exe for example) either do not run, or error out.

I've tested the ISOs on other systems that use different apps to mount ISO files (an example is virtual CD) and the mounted ISO files worked without any issue, using the exact same ISO files. I can also insert the actual CD associated with said games/apps,
    and they work normally as well.

This appears to be a problem specific to Windows Explorer, and ISO files.

If you would like to continue helping me troubleshoot this, you have a limited window. I'm working on backing everything up that I can, and will be wiping the entire PC to perform a complete, fresh reinstall of Windows 10. This will probably be completed
    by the end of the week.

jasoncollege246, Nov 29, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

Hi... It might be your optical drive ( DVD ) is dying, they don't last long . Also, you could try to see if your optical drive has a firmware available from the manufacturer . And lastly try re burning a new iso copy on a different type disc

sn00ker, Nov 29, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

The error isn't on the HARDWARE DVD drive --it's if I try and mount a "Virtual ISO" ==i don't need to have anything in the DVD drive. Actually being able to mount "Virtual ISO's or ISO files created on HDD's is an excellent feature.

I'm ignoring the error for now as it doesn't actually cause any problems.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 1, 2015
  6. Have you reported this phenomenon with the Windows Feedback app? It's certainly interesting.

Cbarnhorst, Dec 3, 2015
  7. dalchina New Member
    Hi, it works for me, and I have a physical drive..
    Works mounting an iso via explorer, and other 3rd party tools.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. ISO mount error (ignorable though) - Similar Threads - ISO mount error

2. Windows can't mount ISO

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows can't mount ISO: When I try to mount .iso file with Windows Explorer, a blue loading circle appears for 2-3 minutes and I get this error: Sorry, there was a problem mounting the file. My ISO is not broken, I m sure because I can extract it with Winrar and I can mount it in another PC. I tried...
  3. Error while mounting ISO

Error while mounting ISO: I've tried a variety of methods to mount various ISO's (which are fine, I can open them in 7ZIP) and no dice. The powershell method gives me an error message... mount-diskimage -imagepath "X:\new build\DAW\NI Installers\cuba.iso" mount-diskimage : The semaphore timeout...
  4. Iso file mounting

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Iso file mounting: I want to know if you can delete the ISO File right after you mount it, does it keep mounted? Because I am having low space in my driver and I want to install this app, but the size is bigger than my available space so that's why. 144282
  5. Error when mounting ISO files

Error when mounting ISO files: [ATTACH] Hello, I've been having trouble with opening/mounting ISO files. These problems didn't happen before and have never happened before, so you can imagine my bewilderment. I click on the ISO files and my computer appears to be processing it, since I get the hour glass...
  6. Windows 10 Mount Iso

Windows 10 Mount Iso: I cannot mount ISO files in Windows 10 anymore. I used to right click on it and click Mount. I've read online that the fix for this is to right click on the file, click Open With and select Windows Explorer. However, that is not an option. The only option I have is Windows...
  7. Mount DVD ISO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mount DVD ISO: Hey guys, I have a copy of Battle for Middle Earth and I want to be able to play it without the disc since I have no optical drive. Currently I use an external optical drive every time I want to play but it's becoming quite a hassle. I've searched for a long time trying to...
  8. mount an ISO at boot?

mount an ISO at boot?: Since we can boot to Command Prompt in Windows 10 is it possible to mount an ISO directly from that? Assume I didn't burn the ISO or load it to USB first. In my case System File Checker is asking for a drive letter to use as a reference file system. 46093
  9. Mounting ISO file

Mounting ISO file: I just recently updated from windows 7 to windows 10 I use ISO files regularly and need to get this fixed. I am unable to mount any iso files or even run and iso mounting software. I keep reading that all i have to do is select the file and i should be given the option either...
  10. Error found in File explorer / .iso mounting

in Windows 10 Support
    Error found in File explorer / .iso mounting: Hi there Seems I've got a hideous error here -- Mounting a DVD (bog standard - not Blu ray) as an ISO file Windows explorer shows file size as a whopping 95 GB !!!!!!!! Handbrake then won't encode to mkv / mp4 file for my media streamer. Also the mounted ISO won't...