Windows 10: ISO of Single Language

Discus and support ISO of Single Language in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I just registered. I have Windows 10 Home Single Language version 1703. I tried to download the 1709 ISO for my version from the MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bysen, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Bysen Win User

ISO of Single Language

Hello everyone. I just registered.

I have Windows 10 Home Single Language version 1703. I tried to download the 1709 ISO for my version from the MS site:

Download Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO File)

First it asks to select the version, in which the only option is Windows 10. Then it asks to choose the Product Language, for which I chose English. Then it directly gives the links for 32-bit or 64-bit. Nowhere does it give a choice for Single Language. So is there any other place from where I should download the SL version, or should I just download the one given on the above site, and it will automatically detect during installation that I have a Home Single Language version and install that? I don't want to waste a few GBs downloading the wrong version.

Thanks all.

:)

Bysen, Nov 17, 2017
  2. vasudev99 Win User

Upgrading from Windows 8.1 Single Language to Windows 10 Home

My friend's laptop is running Windows 8.1 Single Language and he wants to upgrade to Windows 10. I have downloaded Windows 10 Home iso using media creation tool. So will he be able to upgrade Windows 8.1 Single Language with Windows 10 Home ISO or will
    he want to download a new ISO of Windows 10 Home Single Language. Is there any way to tweak the ISO file to install Windows 10 Home Single Language instead of Windows 10 Home. Please help

vasudev99, Nov 17, 2017
  3. windows 10

Which iso should I download pro single language or home single language?

PRINCElamola, Nov 17, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

ISO of Single Language

The iso is multipurpose. You select version later in the install process, after you have entered language and bit type.

cereberus, Nov 17, 2017
  5. Bysen Win User
    Thanks. I'm going to download the 64-bit version anyway, so I think it will just ask for language.

Bysen, Nov 17, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    Why don't you use media creation tool rather than downloading iso to create bootable flash drive?

cereberus, Nov 17, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    These are all the versions now available in the ISO file (or on the USB flash drive created by the Media Creation Tool):

Code: R:\sources>dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:install.esd Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.16299.15 Details for image : install.esd Index : 1 Name : Windows 10 S Description : Windows 10 S Size : 15,748,508,043 bytes Index : 2 Name : Windows 10 S N Description : Windows 10 S N Size : 14,682,635,068 bytes Index : 3 Name : Windows 10 Home Description : Windows 10 Home Size : 15,567,580,753 bytes Index : 4 Name : Windows 10 Home N Description : Windows 10 Home N Size : 14,496,690,559 bytes Index : 5 Name : Windows 10 Home Single Language Description : Windows 10 Home Single Language Size : 15,569,063,438 bytes Index : 6 Name : Windows 10 Education Description : Windows 10 Education Size : 15,746,024,004 bytes Index : 7 Name : Windows 10 Education N Description : Windows 10 Education N Size : 14,680,122,009 bytes Index : 8 Name : Windows 10 Pro Description : Windows 10 Pro Size : 15,746,775,851 bytes Index : 9 Name : Windows 10 Pro N Description : Windows 10 Pro N Size : 14,680,828,085 bytes The operation completed successfully.[/quote]

NavyLCDR, Nov 17, 2017
  8. ISO of Single Language

I like the change, some won't though. Makes it near impossible to download the wrong Edition. And Visual Studio Subscription (MSDN) has finally caught up with the MCT. Just the one ISO there too, well two if you count the VL ISO. It used to be one ISO for Enterprise, one for Education, one for Home and Pro etc. Now all I need are two thumb drives to handle every edition I might ever use. Assuming I only ever install 64 bit. *Wink

alphanumeric, Nov 17, 2017
  9. Bysen Win User
    I had previously used the Media Creation Tool, but it had downloaded some other file. That was maybe about a year ago. When I ran the setup, I got the message that this setup is not for you version of Windows or something like that. In any case, MCT will give the same sized file, 4.4 GBs, as the regular ISO download from the MS site, right? Or does it download an ESD, which is smaller in size?

I don't understand all these variants - S and N and all. I just need a Win 10 Home Single Language 64-bit setup for my computer. The size of the Win 10 Home Single Language you have mentioned is 15,569,063,438 bytes. I used an online converter, and it said the size was 15.56 GBs! Or is it 1.5 GBs?

I agree there. At first it seems kind of empty, but it is better than downloading a wrong edition and then redownloading the correct one. *Smile

Bysen, Nov 17, 2017
  10. Just a heads up, you want to download the latest MediaCtreationTool.exe, don't run one you downloaded earlier. The older versions download older (out of date) ISO's. *Wink

11. Just ignore the S and N versions, if you don't know what they are you likely don't need to worry about them anyway.

12. Bysen Win User
    If I do use MCT, I'll download the latest one. Does the Media Creation Tool download less data, less than the 4.4 GBs ISO that the MS site offers? If yes, then I might use it.

Bysen, Nov 17, 2017
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

ISO of Single Language

The link that you have posted in your first post is the Media Creation Tool - the Download Tool Now button.

NavyLCDR, Nov 17, 2017
  14. Bysen Win User
    Yes, if the site is accessed from a Windows computer, it gives the option to download Windows 10 1709 using either the MCT or another tool called Update Assistant. If accessed from another OS like Linux, it gives links for the Win 10 1709 ISO. I did this using a user agent switcher.

Regarding the Media Creation Tool, does it download less data?

Bysen, Nov 18, 2017
  15. Bree New Member
    I haven't tried downloading the 1709 ISO that way, but when I last used F12 in Edge to set 'user agent string' to Apple Safari (iPad) the ISO I got was one with an install.wim.

The ISO or USB made by the Media Creation Tool has an install.esd so, yes - it should be a smaller data download. Not by a lot, though. The 1709 x64 USB it makes is 3.58GB.

Thema:

ISO of Single Language

1. ISO of Single Language - Similar Threads - ISO Single Language

2. Where to download "Windows Home Single Language" ISO file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where to download "Windows Home Single Language" ISO file?: Hi, im currently on arch linux and i want to go back to using windows but i accidentally wiped out the drive where windows was installed on the process of installing arch...My laptop has OEM license for windows "Home Single Language" edition but i don't know where should i...
  3. Where to download "Windows Home Single Language" ISO file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where to download "Windows Home Single Language" ISO file?: Hi, im currently on arch linux and i want to go back to using windows but i accidentally wiped out the drive where windows was installed on the process of installing arch...My laptop has OEM license for windows "Home Single Language" edition but i don't know where should i...
  4. Where to download "Windows Home Single Language" ISO file?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Home to Single Language

Home to Single Language: I have Dell Inspirion 3505. I had Windows 10 Home Single Language. The OS got corrupted. I have to reinstall with Media Creation Tool.I cannot find ISO for WIndows 10 Home SIngle Language. I checked this link and it said i should choose Version 1703 but it does not...
  6. Windows 10 Home Single Language ISO

Windows 10 Home Single Language ISO: Windows 10 Home Single Language ISO download link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-single-language-iso/258678fa-5691-4319-a901-f97192a37e2b
  7. Single language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Single language: Hello all, I purchased a single language PC in error thinking it would be easy to change the language. Mistake. it was a windows 8 edition, so I purchased a new OS in English, Win 10 RTM Professional OEM:DM. success all in English except on occasion and particularly in...
  8. Single language license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Single language license: Split from this thread. I have windows 10 home digital key fresh,not used can i use the same key in windows 10 home single language? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/single-language-license/e2c875bd-e6f8-4a7f-9ca5-61af72f82ef6"
  9. Windows 10 V1909 Home Single language ISO

Windows 10 V1909 Home Single language ISO: If I download the ISO file from this link official website of ISO image download by microsoft, will I get Windows 10 V1909 Home Single language edition. CURRENTLY I AM ON WINDOWS 10 V1709 HOME SINGLE LANGUAGE EDITION. I am asking this because internet is very slow in my...
  10. ISO copy of Windows 10 Home Single Language

ISO copy of Windows 10 Home Single Language: Hi Guys, Can anyone help me on downloading the correct version of Windows 10 Home Single Language. I need this version below: [ATTACH] Regards, Mr.GaoiranJR...