Windows 10: ISO? Open with ???

Discus and support ISO? Open with ??? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to download the latest Windows 10 ISO on an Ubuntu-cursed computer (long story) and I have the option to save to file or open with disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Brad 63, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Brad 63 Win User

ISO? Open with ???

I'm trying to download the latest Windows 10 ISO on an Ubuntu-cursed computer (long story) and I have the option to save to file or open with disk image viewer or burner or something.

I've just wasted thirty minutes on a failed download that gave me a box telling me something about toshiba drive this and ssd drive that and blank dvd...........it didn't prompt me to make choices..........it was I dunno..........something there..............

What am I missing? I just want to do a clean install of windows 10 and I don't want Ubuntu or dual boot business whatever that is.........

What am I supposed to do?

:)

Brad 63, Mar 25, 2020

2. Need ISO maker

I tried imgburn followed step by step and it sucks ...burned an image supposed to be ISO endend up in UDF ..not auto executable and scraped a dvd for it. Gonna try alcohol thx

MohawkAngel, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

Have you copied all the files from the ISO to the flash drive? I can't see that step.

After step 10. (after formatting and making it the active partition)

Copy files from the ISO to flash drive.

Open CMD as administrator.

navigate to the flash drive, lets call it drive Z and type in the following commands.
    Z:
    cd boot
    bootsect.exe /nt60 z:
    exit

Then try again.

slyfox2151, Mar 25, 2020
  4. nancy3243 Win User

ISO? Open with ???

*.iso opening default

Followed Shawn's tutorial for modifying *.iso default using Option 2 to change "To Restore Specific File Type or Protocol Association to Default" which originally set to Cyberlink. After following the instructions I have no iso listed under Default.
    Anyone have a suggestion? Would like to contact Shawn but I don't know how to contact him. Thanks for your suggestions.

nancy3243, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

ISO? Open with ???

1. ISO? Open with ??? - Similar Threads - ISO Open

2. i opening an windows 11 64 bit setup iso file on my windows 7 32 bit pc but it showing me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i opening an windows 11 64 bit setup iso file on my windows 7 32 bit pc but it showing me...: i opening an windows 11 64 bit setup iso file on my windows 7 32 bit pc but it showing me an error the version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you're running...
  3. i opening an windows 11 64 bit setup iso file on my windows 7 32 bit pc but it showing me...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i opening an windows 11 64 bit setup iso file on my windows 7 32 bit pc but it showing me...: i opening an windows 11 64 bit setup iso file on my windows 7 32 bit pc but it showing me an error the version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you're running...
  4. Windows iso download sites won't opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows iso download sites won't opening: Hi. I want to download Windows 11 but site doesn't load, it opens a white page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-iso-download-sites-wont-opening/04b9c051-5f36-4923-b439-550a2ef9fe9c
  5. Windows iso download sites won't opening

Windows iso download sites won't opening: Hi. I want to download Windows 11 but site doesn't load, it opens a white page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-iso-download-sites-wont-opening/04b9c051-5f36-4923-b439-550a2ef9fe9c
  6. how to open ISO file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to open ISO file: I have downloaded a file in Window 11 now open THAT ISO folder can someone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-iso-file/9b33e143-eb98-4d2c-966a-f7ab4975b08b
  7. how to open ISO file

how to open ISO file: I have downloaded a file in Window 11 now open THAT ISO folder can someone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-iso-file/9b33e143-eb98-4d2c-966a-f7ab4975b08b
  8. Windows ISO opens into a digital DVD drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows ISO opens into a digital DVD drive?: Recently, i've been trying to edit the windows 8.1 ISO for personal reasons, but when I try to access the contents, it adds a digital DVD drive "D: Drive" with all the files inside. When I try to edit the contents in the DVD drive, it does not allow me to do so. Could anybody...
  9. Windows ISO opens into a digital DVD drive?

Windows ISO opens into a digital DVD drive?: Recently, i've been trying to edit the windows 8.1 ISO for personal reasons, but when I try to access the contents, it adds a digital DVD drive "D: Drive" with all the files inside. When I try to edit the contents in the DVD drive, it does not allow me to do so. Could anybody...
  10. Cannot open Iso file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open Iso file: I downloaded an ISO file and now I am trying to access it.When I click on it the Windows explorer tab freezes. When I click around I get the sound prompt like I am supposed to click somewhere but I dont see any window pop up asking for anything.I tried mounting it but the...